Home Forums Local Groups Wales Swansea Hi, I’m Gaynor. I’ve lived in Swansea...

• Hi, I’m Gaynor. I’ve lived in Swansea for 10 years and am still exploring the area! I run a small book business, teach piano, singing and music theory and am a Welsh Supply Teacher. I am a member of local choral, performing and crafting groups and would love to connect with like minded people.

Posted by Gaynor Lynne Jones
    • Reply by Puffin007

Hi, at last someone else in Swansea😁

• Reply by Gaynor Lynne Jones

Hello! I’ve just joined and am navigating my way around the site. It takes me a while to get used to new things, but so far it looks promising.

• Reply by Puffin007

Yes lots to do and join in on here

• Reply by NeilP

Hi Gaynor. Welcome

Thank you Neil. I’m learning slowly, haha!

• Reply by NeilP

I’ve found the site very interesting with many varied posts everyone is so nice and friendly.

• Reply by Alyp

Hello. I’m Barbara. Can you tell me more about your craft groups please?

Hi Barbara,
        Are you in Swansea? If so, I’m happy to share where our craft groups are held, although we haven’t resumed any of them yet since lockdown.

One meets in Pearl’s Coffee Shop, Cockett on a Tuesday morning 10.30am,
        another in The Parlour, Llangyfelach at 6.00pm on a Thursday evening and another in the Community Room, Tesco, Fforestfach at 5.30 onwards on a Friday evening.

As I said, none have resumed as yet, but as things open up I’m sure they won’t be too long.
        Gaynor xx

• Reply by Alyp

Thanks for this information. Are you a group of knitters and crocheters led by Joy by any chance?

Yes indeed, the Tuesday one was started by Joy. xx

Just an update – if you’re interested, a group of crafting ladies (this is the old Pearls group) are going to be meeting in Kismet, a cafe in Sketty, which is near the junction by Bishop Gore Comp school. They will begin meeting there on Tues 22nd June at 10.30am. I will most likely be working, but if I get a chance I’ll be there! If you’d like to be added to their WhatsApp group so you get updates, please send me your mobile number. Mine is 07910 490964. Hope to meet you sometime soon. xx

• Reply by Alyp

I did come for a while but had my grandson with me. I was interested in the quilting which I find difficult to do without some guidance. They used to meet in a Friday evening for that but it became a little tricky once Pearls closed. Do they still do quilting? Does Joy still run the group?

Ah, so we’ve probably met already! As I said we haven’t yet started back since the latest lockdown. We did start meeting in the ‘new’ Pearls, where Mike and Lucy opened up in Cockett, right next to Budgens supermarket if you know it, just up from the lights. We started meeting there in the Autumn/Winter, so maybe will again soon. Joy still comes, but when she can’t people meet up without her. It would be nice to see you again. xx

• Reply by Alyp

It would be nice to see you all. Does anyone do quilting now?

We don’t do quilting in the group meeting, but I’m sure one of the ladies would be able to help you if you needed advice. x

• Reply by Alyp

Thank you x

• Reply by Annabee1

Hello, would be interested to join some groups, walking, crafting, if there are any in the area?

Hi there!

Sorry, I can’t help you with the walking groups (although I wouldn’t mind finding out about that too!)

However, I can tell you that one of our crafting groups has now started to meet up again in The Elysium, 210 High Street, Swansea. I can’t often go as I’m usually working in schools, but try to catch them on school holidays. They meet on a Wednesday between I-3pm. If you’d like me to put you in touch with Ann who runs it, send me your mobile number (privately if you prefer) and I can pass it on to her who can then add you onto their Whatsapp group. I believe there are still limited numbers allowed at each meeting, which is why I don’t advise just turning up, although they are a very friendly bunch! xxx

Just an update – if you’re interested, a group of crafting ladies are going to be meeting in Kismet, a cafe in Sketty, which is near the junction by Bishop Gore Comp school. They will begin meeting there on Tues 22nd June at 10.30am. I will most likely be working, but if I get a chance I’ll be there! If you’d like to be added to their WhatsApp group so you get updates, please send me your mobile number. Mine is 07910 490964. Hope to meet you sometime soon. xx

• Reply by Alyp

Did you get my reply? I’m not sure it sent.

Yes I got your reply thanks. I’ll pass your mobile number on to the powers that be! 😃 xx

Add