Home Forums Dating Hi I’m considering taking the plunge and sub...

debm19 Posted 5 months ago
Hi I’m considering taking the plunge and subscribing to the dating app

I have noticed the app is the same as silver surfers ( iv joined both but not subscribed yet) and wondered if I subscribe to 1 will I be able to use both with same log in as I see same people on both? As not sure which to do, help please

1 like & 12 replies
    • NeilP 19th December 2021 at 3:38 pm

Take the plunge

• Smileyday 19th December 2021 at 3:39 pm

Come back and tell us ‘ was it worth it ‘

• Smileyday 19th December 2021 at 3:43 pm

Just a bit of advice, a couple of years ago I joined a site and paid, I was on it and often sent a message to various people but never received a reply. I then found that many people had been offered a free 24 hr join up and could then go on to pay if they liked it. Most didn’t join but still remained on the site, it made the numbers look good.!! I emailed the site and told them they were offering a service that simply wasn’t there. I got a full refund. It has put me off ever since.

• Brighton Belle 19th December 2021 at 3:53 pm

Go on Facebook it’s Free

• SteveInWales 19th December 2021 at 4:18 pm

I went on Rest Less dating and subscribed, and was very lucky to have found someone living only 10 mins drive from me. She hadn’t paid but because I had, she was able to respond to my messages. I used the 3 month option thinking that if I hadn’t found anyone in that time then I wasn’t going to at all.

• Rowan 19th December 2021 at 9:58 pm

I was on another dating site and then decided to give this a go actually think it was Steve above who gave me a push and we’ll surprise surprise I met someone several months ago …you never know what might happen but does doing nothing bring about any change ? Only thing that irritated me on the restless dating site was that it was obvious when you were on line but that was a small price to pay 🤣

• Davey M 29th December 2021 at 1:04 pm

I always find it difficult to meet someone close and understands what I want is conversations

• Paula’splace 29th December 2021 at 6:58 pm

I think you should give it a go. I think it’s like anything in life, there are always going to be those who will ruin it and weirdos but I’m sure the normal genuine people looking for companionship outweigh those. I haven’t tried any yet but two of my friends have met lovely men on dating sites one of them got married in June. I don’t think I’m ready yet I’ve been a widow for four years and although it can be lonely I quite enjoy my own company. I was married for over 38 years and with my husband since I was 18 – so I question if it is fair to try to meet someone new, will I be constantly comparing them and of course, I’m still grieving and still very much in love with another man who I cannot be with. Friends did set me up on a date with a fellow widow, (meaning well) and he spent the whole evening talking about his wife. I left knowing little or nothing about him or him about me. leaving me feeling very depressed too. But who knows! what is around the corner?

• debm19 29th December 2021 at 11:34 pm

So sorry for your loss, grieving for a long term partner must be so hard, I think your right about knowing when your ready

Add