Home Forums Local Groups England Merseyside Hi I’m Annie I live in Southport just looking to...

Justannie Posted 1 year ago
Hi I’m Annie I live in Southport just looking to chat and maybe take part in some on line courses
6 likes & 11 replies
    • Gilly4 22nd February 2021 at 6:19 am

Hi Annie
      I live in Southport too .
      Looking to find new friends .

• JayCee 20th April 2021 at 2:10 pm

Hi Annie.
      I’m newish on here too. I’m in Formby. Have you found any good courses?
      Jaycee

• Shazrobbo 28th July 2021 at 7:10 pm

Hi I’m Sharon I live in Ainsdale just saying hello for now interested in food it’s my favourite hobby walking and meeting new people

• Solstice 17th September 2021 at 10:24 am

I am in Churchtown! Having come from a disastrous existence outside of my beloved Merseyside, I was asked “If you could choose to live anywhere, where would you go? I immediately said “Hesketh Park” so many good memories there. And Here I Am! I want to improve my social circle too, but Wow it’s like walking on eggshells with some people!

I have never been afraid to speak my mind to individuals or groups. I still do. I pass compliments, but in this so called Woke generation? A compliment is seen as something wrong almost, and forget having an opposite opinion! I believe in the right of all to have an opinion, I just don’t want to be told what mine should be.

Now, I will not prejudge, but how many times to do you see a man enter into a conversation such as this and see them judged as “looking for a woman”? I’m your average heterosexual man, I enjoy female company on a social level. I enjoy chatting to other blokes on a social level. Any other level is not for public consumption is it?

So if I said “Is there somewhere where people can just mingle and build friendships, relax, be yourself, NOT DATING! in or around Southport? (I have a condition that restricts certain activities including walking any great distance) could you even begin to create a list?

A luncheon club, a cafe culture group (See how I avoided Culture Club?) A theatre attending group? (Tickets are discounted for group bookings)

There’s many places I’d like to go; shows, restaurants, bars, cafes but trust me, there is no fun in a “Table For One” even when a smirky sarcastic “Thanks for highlighting that” quip to a server wasn’t truly amusing, it was a mask to hide the loneliness.

• Solstice 23rd September 2021 at 4:07 pm

Adding to previous comment – Hubspot (Google search it) has loads of free courses for you to study at your own pace. Also, having a “base” from which to gather information on best practises in dining, drinking, coffee, friendship building is useful. I know, (Without generalising or judging) it is still easier for a bloke to walk into a bar on his own than it is for a lady, but I personally like Bar Sacrebleu (Seabank Road, Southport) or 92degrees Coffee on Lord Street by Waterstones. Just a thought.

• Solstice 28th October 2021 at 7:20 pm

And yet again, adding to previous replies – Southport Community Centre on Norwood Road, Tuesdays, there is a coffee morning group there if you would care to join in? Courses are available along with volunteering and community projects in The Life Rooms, Scarisbrick Avenue.

And if I may? This is a community group, and I am just sharing what I have found whilst new to the community in Southport. I am in a close relationship with someone too. Just for all those who assume it’s all chasing skirt in forums. I’m incapable of chasing anything because my challenged mobility slows the legs.

• Gerard371 28th October 2021 at 7:44 pm

As Solstice mentioned so eloquently in his comments above, highlighting that men’s who enters conversations such as this post are thought of as having the wrong intentions. It’s a sad fact that people are very judgemental and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusions and paint men in a bad light.
      However in my case they would be correct. 😁

• Solstice 2nd November 2021 at 8:32 am

Openness is a good thing Gerard. It demonstrates honesty and integrity (Sort of).
        I’ve actually found a few other groups in Southport too, so I will attend them and see what they have to offer me. Should any of those who asked about making friends, joining groups, courses etc,. wish to find out more? Well. You only have to ask.

It’s all about me currently. It has to be insofar as I am putting myself into the community by being me. I’m not looking for anyone. People can come and find me. People can judge my intentions however they choose. I am not about to change. So it must be their opinion that has to .

Arrogant? Maybe, but at least I know who I am, where I am, and where I want to be. Once people (men and women) can get that sorted in their own minds, the rest falls into place.

• N125 27th December 2021 at 10:29 am

Hello,
      I’m in Southport too, Curzon Rd area. 😊

Add