Home Forums Local Groups England Lancashire Hi, I’m a bit confused. I came on here expec...

Barny Posted 8 months ago
Hi, I’m a bit confused. I came on here expecting to find groups of people, in the locale, with the same interests and hobbies getting together. My interest, as I play guitar, would be musicians getting together. Lancashire is not a group, it’s an area, and should be categorised as such.

Local groups should be sub division in the local areas. When I went into the hobbies and interests section, it went national, with people all over showing their paintings,and models, but no meetups. It needs to be local, so people can have meetups.

4 likes & 12 replies
    • LeighS 28th September 2021 at 7:42 pm

Hello Barny, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you.

Can I also suggest that as you don’t have a profile picture, you might want to consider uploading one. It has been observed that profiles with pictures do get more responses.

If you have any other comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• john collingwood 29th September 2021 at 12:41 pm

never mind tri this

• Shazzeroo 1st October 2021 at 9:34 am

I agree I am from Lancashire but live in the North West. So a lot of the groups don’t apply to me. Would be great if it was more centralised, not keen on putting a photo on. That shouldn’t be a necessity.

• PattyG 3rd October 2021 at 7:29 pm

I live in the North West too. Maybe there should be a North West group lol

• Ange M 5th October 2021 at 8:03 pm

Ball ache lately trying to log on, or is this just me. Bolton 😊. Think I will sack it.

• John H 2nd December 2021 at 7:29 pm

Hello, I’m fairly new here.

Live near Wigan and spend a lot of time walking, other interests include photography, theatre, travel, live music to name but a few.

• Ailsa…Bee 14th January 2022 at 1:11 pm

So agree Barny I live in Southport but don’t mind travelling a little as I drive it would be nice to be able to meet up and enjoy same/similar hobbies as others I paint and sew and bake and knit I used to make hats and fascinators just as a hobby but am also looking to join a choir or something like that

• Amanda Rose 23rd January 2022 at 10:35 pm

Im in the north west and joined hoping to meet new friends or groups to go walking with etc..but have drawn a blank..

• Dltho 13th March 2022 at 11:35 am

That’s exactly what I would like to do. I’d love to go out walking in a group and maybe have a coffee and a chat afterward. It would be nice now that the summer is coming.

• JulieF 6th April 2022 at 9:41 pm

Hi, I’m in Preston and new to this group and trying to find my way round it. Joined hoping to maybe find people who were up for meeting for a coffee or a walk or a drink. Seen lots of things Manchester way but live in Walton le Dale and have temporarily been stopped driving until November ( health issue) so not really practical x

• jimmyq 19th April 2022 at 8:00 pm

I’m from Blackburn. Anyone else?

Add