Home Forums Dating Hi how is everyone

Jamesy Posted 9 months ago
Hi how is everyone
2 likes & 31 replies
    • Leeozzy1 24th August 2021 at 8:33 am

Bored, lonely, well bored with same old things, housework, laundry, baking. How are you Jamesy

• Keith D 24th August 2021 at 9:51 am

I maybe lonely and a little bored, but I’m glad to be alive if not completely well? But survived the pandemic without infection

• Leeozzy1 24th August 2021 at 10:10 am

I unfortunately had sepsis and COVID19 for over 18 weeks. Spent time in ICU, don’t remember much about the whole thing, still have problems because of it. Its been such a long time since I had any kind of normal. Long to be able to go out with a partner and begin enjoying life xxx

• Keith D 24th August 2021 at 10:17 am

Although, I thankfully wasnt medically affected by covid19.
      My life was by the lockdowns because of of other longterm health issues, I had to shield and this affected me mentally.
      I was also getting used to a new health diagnosis and big time line in my life.
      But now with therapy , I’m much stronger emotionally and physically, as I exercise regularly on my mini-treadmill and with my wonder core exercises and I do yoga on zoom
      I’m just trying to make the best of my life and how things are
      Get well soon 😊

• Joy b 24th August 2021 at 10:24 am

doing good gradually getting used to lioving up here and finding how to get to places lol

• Keith D 24th August 2021 at 11:07 am

it can often be hard when you move to another new place and have to find your way around . i used to do that, when i was a serving soldier, many years ago
      good luck on settling down in your new home

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 12:52 pm

Lived in Bristol for ova 30 years so big move forward me
        But think it was the right thing to do🤞

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 1:22 pm

I would have been happy to settle in Aldershot, but there wasn’t any council houses available. I was offered this house and support from my late brother. So I moved here in 1982 . I’m settled, but it won’t ever be home

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 1:30 pm

I’m hoping that I will eventually feel Newcastle is home
          Still think of Bristol as home at the moment
          It is also very obvious to everyone I’m nor local because of the way I speak😂😂

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 1:36 pm

Yes you will certainly stand out with your accent.
          But give it time and see how you are accepted in Newcastle.
          I’m originally from Halifax and because I’ve lived in several places, I dont have even a true Yorkshire accent.

But I’m a proud Yorkshire man.

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 1:48 pm

Yep it’s been commented on a lot but most people not sure where I come from just that I’m not local😀
          Have found most people very friendly
          I still keep in contact with friends in Bristol
          I have a friend who is coming up from Bristol to visit this weekend

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 2:06 pm

It all seems very positive I’m pleased for you.
          Even though I’ve lived in Barnsley for nearly 40 years it still does not feel like home. It could be my upbringing.

When left the army and got 2 jobs within 3 months. It shocked me at some peoples work attitudes. Or the lack of pride of doing a good job

I wanted to get on with things, but I was warned regularly to slow down, or my actions could cause others problems

What is your occupation Joy. I worked in a coal board central store. But had to take early retirement, because of a back injury
          So I went into volunteering and I have now done it around 36 years

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 2:43 pm

I’m retired took early retirement should have done it years ago 😉😂
          Hospital advised me to do but too stubborn😮
          Used to teach 3/4year old
          Thanks n case your wondering broke my back in a car accident years ago when my boys were young
          Was definitely lucky on that day as i wasn’t paralysed

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 2:53 pm

That was a very serious accident. Hopefully you have a decent quality of life?
          I slipped at work and pulled some discs and my left pelvis out of socket

I’m now having physiotherapy every 4 weeks, to try and ease?the leg and knee pains

But I’ve not given up . I do voluntary work and regular exercise.
          I have just done 25 minutes on my mini-treadmill, in my back bedroom.

I also do yoga on zoom and use a wonder core exercise machine
          Of course you will have to be careful what you do within your limits .?
          Keith

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 3:53 pm

Yes it was tree fell on car and crushed carpet luckily I was on my own had while of work all the usual stuff hydrotherapy etc etc
          Have good quality of life took lot of hard work to get there but worth it
          Most people don’t realise I have problems only people who have known me long time
          I have sports massages approx every 6 weeks go to gym about 5 times a week
          Do lot walking etc
          Just off to gum now

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 4:10 pm

I slipped while working in a steel stock yard
          I was on traction for 3 weeks then I had to wear a plaster jacket for several months . Then a corset for several years.
          Then I had surgery to take away part of some discs in my spine and ease the pain in my lower back and legs.
          I used to see a chiropractor;but I’m now seeing a physiotherapist every 4 weeks .
          My only problems are leg pains that affect how far I can walk especially during wi ter when it’s old and damp

I was absolutely fine until , this blasted lockdown, ?

because of me being vulnerable , I had to shield for 16 weeks which affected my mobility.
          But since august last year I’m more active and exercising to build myself up again ?

I used to attend along term exercise group. Which is specially for people with long term issues such as ours . Theres retired nurses, physiotherapist and a doctor. All of who give their own time to ensure we dont overdo things.
          But its still not reopened.
          I rarely mention my health issues, as they are my problem only

• Joy b 27th August 2021 at 3:40 pm

I can understand why you don’t mention same myself
          I had to shield too
          You will eventually get back to where u were unfortunately it takes time
          I’m definitely not at the same level of fitness
          But as they say work in progress
          I had very good consultant when I had my accident after a lot of consideration I decided mot to have any operations on my back
          But as they say Neva say neva
          At the moment no plans in that direction
          But everyone has to do what right for them
          Unfortunately think damp causes problems for most people
          Im not group person re exercise prefer to to go to gym and take my own pace
          Hav done at times with hospitals etc
          Have u tried teens machines they can n good
          I thought they were rubbish at first till shown by physio right place to put pads😂😮

• Keith D 27th August 2021 at 4:12 pm

When I injured my back and later had surgery, treatment was archaic and it was a 1 size fits all regime
          Nothing was mention about how my back would be much weaker
          According to my physio the surgeon should have checked my left pelvis, as that’s where the problem is and causes leg pain
          .if known then , I would not have had surgery
          I only go to a small gym , its specifically for older people with long term health issues.

It’s been shut since March last year
          Covid has affected me, but now imbuolding my strength that up and feeling better emotionally and physically.

When I had to shield it wasnt nice as people were very afraid and were not prepared to engage with , me with being vulnerable
          But now they treat me normally
          But living alone can be very lonely and wearing?
          I tried using a tens machine over 30 years ago, but it didnt help?

When I was chair of the friends of the hospital charity, we bought several Tens machines for Maternity. . Pregnant women used them to cope with pain.

I think they cost about £80 a piece.
          And there was a big demand for them?
          Having my mini-treadmill and wonder core exerciser helps me keep my fitness levels higher, as does doing yoga weekly?
          I’m hoping to increase yoga to twice a week when a local therapy centre restarts doing it again
          Have a good weekend 🙃😄

• Joy b 31st August 2021 at 4:47 pm

Fortunately treatment has improved but I had same issues as my accident was about 28 years ago
          Had a very good consultant but he had to respond on hypothetical basis I asked questions and asked what he would advise me if I was his daughter 😂
          I had a tens machine loaned to me by hospital
          Then bought my own
          Can’t remember how much I paid

• Keith D 31st August 2021 at 5:11 pm

I tried using Athens machine for back related leg pauses, but the flaming pads kept coming of my body , so I gave it up as a bad job
          I expect that things will have improved today. But I’m having physiotherapy now which helps as does my weekly yoga lesson
          . Stay safe and well people if you can .xx

• Joy b 26th August 2021 at 2:45 pm

How ironic the back injury was what made me take early retirement too

• Keith D 26th August 2021 at 2:57 pm

Yes back injuries can be very dominant in our lives and what we do?
          I’m grateful that although I have health issues, including heart and lung disease.
          I am still able to do many things other sick people cant ??

• Samantha 1 24th August 2021 at 11:34 am

All ok here, thanks for asking. I’m up to my ears in DIY and painting at the moment. New floor being laid in a few weeks, my fixer upper home is nearly there!

• TracyJ523 24th August 2021 at 1:31 pm

Hey….all good here, nice to have human contact lol…how are you all?

• Sandyg 24th August 2021 at 3:45 pm

I’m fine , Thank you.
      its nearly a year since I relocated here ,Portishead,
      So whilst sometimes lonely, itself great discovering a new place, loads of walks , new job keeps me busy.
      Lockdown wasn’t a good time to move, but at least I got my new home , tjo.hsve yet to start updating it…its 1970 build, and left the same.. so in dire need of updating.

• Marica 25th August 2021 at 5:47 pm

I am good and I really hope others can be too. I took the bull by the horns and have been getting out and it has paid off. Well worth the effort

• Mademoiselle 25th August 2021 at 7:25 pm

Could be better..what makes you happy today

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 25th August 2021 at 9:03 pm

All is good, just working my way through summer 😉

• Keith D 31st August 2021 at 5:05 pm

Hi mrs pebbles?I hope that your summer has been good for you

I’m happy no matter what the weather is. I use the weather when I create new poems and try to think of its benefits , not the downsides
      Keith

Add