Home Forums Local Groups England Kent Hi from Broadstairs I am blessed to live here anyo...

Deleted User Posted 5 months ago
Hi from Broadstairs I am blessed to live here anyone local?

I love to walk and enjoy all the scenery and wildlife living here has to offer.

1 like & 22 replies
    • SteveKent 1st February 2022 at 10:02 am

Herne Bay

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 1st February 2022 at 2:47 pm

I used to live there too. Lovely place

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 1st February 2022 at 3:42 pm

No not to far I’m in the Swale are now still by a Beach! Viking bay is so lovely I still go back a few times a year.
      I used to live in Oscar Road

• Linpap 1st February 2022 at 4:43 pm

My aunt used to live in Canterbury we used to spend the summer holidays with her I remember going to Broadstairs Tankerton Herne Bay and Sandwich Bay happy childhood memories

• Deleted User 1st February 2022 at 4:54 pm

Yes they are still all lovely places to visit

• Daisy 1212 2nd February 2022 at 4:45 am

I’m in Sandwich 🙂

• JMH 2nd February 2022 at 7:58 am

Good morning, Amanda – not quite, Cliftonville, but it is all so close here in Thanet. Have you come across the Broadstairs Babes? If not, do check the group out. I do belong to u3a Thanet (admin for the FB page and I do the same thing for the Broadstairs Town Twinning Association). I run a private FB group which has a book group/a book/film group/a poetry and prose performance group/a group which knits together (one meeting on Wednesdays in Cliftonville, one in Broadstairs on Fridays), we go regularly to jazz evenings and plan other events, cinema, theatre, meals out …. do get back to me if you would like any more information on anything …

• Deleted User 2nd February 2022 at 8:12 am

Good morning thank you for the message I would be interested to learn more of your activities. I had been told that the U3A mtgs had not been resumed following the pandemic? The jazz evenings sound like fun and I do love poetry. I have heard of the Broadstairs Babes but don’t know anything about them. Please let me have some more info if possible. I am not a knitter though. Thank you so much kind regards Amanda

• KentJack 5th February 2022 at 4:08 pm

I live in Ashford, not so far away. Hope you are having a good weekend.

• Deleted User 5th February 2022 at 4:39 pm

Hi well the weather was lovely this morning so went for a nice walk which I try to do most days. How do you find Ashford? I don’t know it terribly well used to go there for mtgs when I was working and had an op in the William Harvey hospital last year. That is about my knowledge of it really. My daughters are always raving on about the outlet centre there and of course the high speed train from here to St Pancras passes through. I am off to my daughters to look after her children tonight as she and hubby going to a comedy night in Margate. Hope you are enjoying your weekend regards Amanda

Add