Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi, first time posting. New today. Looking for ins...

Deleted User Posted 10 months ago
Hi, first time posting. New today. Looking for inspiration for life’s next chapter x
8 likes & 43 replies
    • Sheshel 20th March 2021 at 11:00 am

Hi there, I have just joined today also and also looking for inspiration for my next chapter! What are you hopi g to do?

• TheOriginalKai 20th March 2021 at 11:48 am

Hi there,
      I have just joined today also.
      I’m finding this site a maze of wonderful things to get involved in.
      Being at this stage in life (and with the Lockdown), it’s presented the perfect opportunity to get to know myself better.
      How have you found being in Lockdown?

• Yellowhammer333 20th March 2021 at 3:47 pm

Hello newbie here, roll on the sunshine and flowers.

• Colin in Kent 20th March 2021 at 4:41 pm

Hi folks. Been here two or three weeks now, lots of interesting discussions and different perspectives on things, fascinating chat and topics. Welcome to the site!

• TheOriginalKai 22nd March 2021 at 9:52 pm

Thanks…
        It certainly is a unique site.
        There’s just so much to explore.
        What kind of topics and activities have you come across?

• Colin in Kent 23rd March 2021 at 6:05 am

There are a lot of interesting questions; people looking for help and advice on various subjects, hobbies and pastimes, pics and artwork, information sought, and also general chit chat. It’s a good way of interacting with different people and maybe helping out a little bit when folks are stressed or anxious about something.

• Blauro 20th March 2021 at 8:58 pm

Hi Tink,
      Welcome to the group. Hopefully you will find the the inspiration you’re looking for in the community.
      Just join in to any conversation.
      Take care.

• RobT68 20th March 2021 at 9:18 pm

Hi and welcome

• SpecialK 20th March 2021 at 9:36 pm

Hello I’m new too! How lovely to peruse so many interesting topics & people.. Thank you!

• JohnieW 21st March 2021 at 1:33 am

Well, when you find it .. I could probably do with a dose of that.

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 6:36 am

Welcome Tink where are you based?

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 6:48 am

Beautiful morning here on the Isle of Wight. Steady jog along the harbour.
      If it was a normal morning, ie not lockdown, I would stop for a coffee. But home now for a brew. Thanks for the welcome messages x what’re you all upto today? X

• TheOriginalKai 22nd March 2021 at 9:55 pm

How gorgeous.
        I can even see shades of pink in the sky.
        Thank you for sharing 😊

• SelsdonLion 8th April 2021 at 7:03 pm

Hi Tink, welcome to the group I’m sure you’ll find some inspiration here. I remember holidays on the Isle of Wight with my parents. The ferry over was start of the holiday so far as I was concerned. Which part of the island do you living in?

• Colin in Kent 21st March 2021 at 6:56 am

Today I’m working from 6am-10am, on the early shift at work. This afternoon I’m off to get my first vaccine shot. In between I may get some reading in if I can hide from the chores!

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 7:10 am

What do you do Colin?
        Good luck with jab. Missed mine this week as unwell but back on list.
        Love a good book. Halfway through a book called Found. Well written.
        Keep hiding from those chores, hours spent reading are never wasted x

• Colin in Kent 21st March 2021 at 7:17 am

I work for the IT arm of a media company, and we’ve just gone live with a system for agencies based in UAE. Normally for a go live the team would go out to the country but obviously we can’t so they’ve come up with a cracking wheeze for online support during their working hours. As they have Fri / Sat as their weekend here I am! It’s actually quite peaceful (famous last words), sitting in the kitchen rather than upstairs so don’t disturb the wife, drinking coffee and looking out on the garden.

I have so many books on my tbr pile I must make some headway. I haven’t heard of Found, will look it up!

• E-man 17th May 2021 at 12:35 pm

My son teaches English to Saudi A F engineering students at Riyadh and has been doing on-line tuition for lockdown . Exams are a bit different though , more one-to one . He speaks Arabic and has been out there for a good few years with no sign of him getting back to see us all .WhatsApp is fantastic with video chats regularly . bit different technology than when I was in media .

• Colin in Kent 17th May 2021 at 2:58 pm

Pretty much all remote now, not sure we’ll ever go back to the previous methods of working!

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 7:35 am

A position we are all in and very familiar with, the kitchen table office.
      Let’s keep everything firmly crossed that the world can return to a safe one soon.
      The early morning hours are my favourite. My run this morning was completely undisturbed, except seagulls and the odd quack from a duck. No other humans to be seen nor heard.
      Found by Erin Kinsley. Thriller, mystery. Good reviews.

• HelenSpils 26th March 2021 at 3:28 pm

HI, I am relatively new to this site (signed up a while ago but just not used any of the areas within it – looks like a great place!). Life’s next chapter – exciting times…(when we are allowed out). Any thoughts so far?

• RunningGirl21 26th March 2021 at 9:03 pm

Hi. I’m new today and agree after the past year, life needs shaking up. Not sure how…

• Tonyh 2nd April 2021 at 8:20 pm

Hi

My name is Tony , I joined recently, looking forward to connecting with all. Wishing everybody well

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 8:42 pm

Works for me

• Fluff 6th April 2021 at 5:23 pm

Hi Tink, I visited the I.O.W. a long time ago but thought that it had a really good vibe. 🙂

• Simon Carwithen 6th April 2021 at 9:09 pm

Welcome to the group Tink. And what a lovely part of the world you live in. You will find plenty to interest you here. I wish I could dip in more often, but have gone from semi-retirement back to full time. Think I am going about this the wrong way 😀😀.

• Gardener52 8th April 2021 at 7:08 pm

Welcome Tink
      It’s a right funny time starting over isn’t it but how amazing to have sites like this with such friendly people I’ve not seen any judgments just really good hearted people all looking to have more elements to their lives .
      Enjoy it Tink and grab life with both hands 🌺

• Stephanie B 11th April 2021 at 3:37 pm

Hi Tink, I am new on here too. I live in North Yorkshire and I am also starting out on a new chapter. I am hoping for inspiration, friends and hopefully along the way might find myself again! It certainly seems like a friendly, non judgemental place to start 😊

• E-man 16th May 2021 at 7:39 am

AU why have you posted without name ,profile or photo ??

• SelsdonLion 18th May 2021 at 2:43 pm

Hi E-man, I understand that when someone leaves the site their username changes to ‘anonymous user’. Last post from Tink was 21st March

• E-man 18th May 2021 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for that S L. Last post in March but people don’t know she has left

• SelsdonLion 18th May 2021 at 6:12 pm

I emailed Gaetano about it and he said they like to keep the topic open for the other people in the conversation. I can kind of see the point as quite often the conversation drifts off into other areas and other people carry on the conversation

• E-man 21st May 2021 at 10:00 am

Morning Selsdon . We have on this thread another ” Anonymous User ” so he/she cannot be a lapsed member . My point is that we need to know who this A U is . Male/female ,where they live etc.,

• SelsdonLion 21st May 2021 at 10:04 am

E-man my source was Rest Less customer services. Suggest you take it up with Gaetano. The more people that raise this the better

• E-man 21st May 2021 at 1:45 pm

Thank you Selsdon for your advice and help . ” Anonymous User is unacceptable .

• E-man 21st May 2021 at 9:53 am

As this is your first post here can we have at least a photo, profile and brief description of who you are and where you are from ?

Add