Home Forums Local Groups England Nottinghamshire Hi everyone, I live close to Retford and love to b...

Fiona M Posted 3 months ago
Hi everyone, I live close to Retford and love to be outdoors.
3 likes & 5 replies
    • LeighS 7th November 2021 at 7:45 pm

Hello Fiona, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends.

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Fiona M 9th November 2021 at 12:35 am

Hi Leigh, thanks for messaging and welcoming me. It is good to talk to someone. I am struggling with contacting people in my area, probably because I am not great with technology. I guess I will work it out eventually and hopefully be able to make a few new friends.

• Smileyday 9th November 2021 at 7:25 pm

Hi, I live in Nottingham and 3 years ago joined Meetup ( it’s an app you down load , find a group , click attend and go along, it’s like minded people enjoying things together) I wish I had found it years ago. I’m not sure if you can drive but there will be groups in your area too. My hobby is walking and we walk every weekend and some evenings. We go on trips by train or coach and visit different areas. A lot of our walks are in local areas or we go by train or car. We do get people from other areas ..Newark , Mansfield, Derby and Leicester so not always local people. Have you thought about joining a group?
      It’s seems daunting but remember we were all newbies once. 😊

• Fiona M 9th November 2021 at 9:13 pm

Hi, thanks for messaging me and letting me know about Meet-Up. I have just downloaded the app and I will have a good look at the groups and see what I would like to do. Yes I can drive so I guess that will leave me with a lot more options. It will be good for me to get out and about again and meet new people and hopefully friends. So thanks once again.

• Runnergirl 11th January 2022 at 3:43 pm

Hi Fiona I live near Retford and am a member of meet up groups Retford and Worksop Sociables, also Robin Hood Social. Both very sociable groups. Take a look and see what you think.

Add