Home Forums Local Groups England Kent Hi, Complete newbie here. I’ve lived in Kent...

MummzieH Posted 1 year ago
Hi, Complete newbie here. I’ve lived in Kent for almost 20 years. Due to work and family life, I haven’t built a network of friends. Hoping that will change now my circumstances have 🤗
3 likes & 33 replies
    • Anonymous User (no longer active) 10th March 2021 at 7:25 am

Welcome to the page. Do join in any of the conversations against the various posts… just butt in if you want to against anyone’s response, that’s what I did!! It feels like I have made a few friends on this site already, but not necessarily in Kent where I also live. However its great to have this interaction!

• MummzieH 10th March 2021 at 10:52 am

Thanks. This is possibly one of the best finds this year.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 10th March 2021 at 2:01 pm

Yeah well I am enjoying chatting on here … its great

• MummzieH 11th March 2021 at 4:43 pm

Hi Gill,
          Where are you based? What brought you to this site?
          I’m in Rochester. Normally I’d interact with at least 30 different people a day, through work mainly. But this past year, I’ve become a bit of a recluse. Much like a lot of us. It is pretty lonely at times.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 11th March 2021 at 5:12 pm

Hi ya. I know Rochester well. I was brought up in Rainham bit of course all part of the Medway towns. In comparison to other distances I have lived from
          Medway it’s not so far!! When the coffee shops are open R and W are both great places to meet up!

• MummzieH 11th March 2021 at 9:01 pm

One of my kids live in Rainham. I do love it here, but would like to be withing walking distance of the sea if possible.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 11th March 2021 at 9:04 pm

Well I am certainly that.

I would have liked to move to Rainham when we returned to Kent 5 years ago, but we needed a bungalow and they were more expensive there …

I have the benefit of town, fields, woods or sea to walk. Best of all worlds really as the mood takes me!

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 6:42 am

Sounds awesome. When asked how I wanted to celebrate my 50th, my response was, a dog walk from Whitstable to Herne Bay and back. Is was the warmest February I have ever known. Actual T shirt weather. It was the perfect way to spend my birthday. My poor dog slept all the following day 🤣

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 12th March 2021 at 7:40 am

I haven’t done that walk yet, but it is lovely. I have rather avoided the sea front when it might be crowded! Glad you enjoyed it. We did have some brilliant weather last month. Looks pretty good today too.

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 10:42 am

This was 3 years ago, it was so warm and very very busy. I have 2 dogs now, I love taking them on long walks, although the older one has bad hips and doesn’t do so well if she’s had too much exercise. If the rain holds off, one of my plans for today is a 5 miler with them both.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 12th March 2021 at 4:14 pm

I hope you made it. We did have some rain but it’s beautiful now!

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 10:38 pm

Hi Gill, sadly the rain was quite heavy and regular, so only a quick trot over the field

• Deleted User 10th March 2021 at 7:31 am

Morning 🙂
      Same here. I’m in Ashford, where are you?
      What things do you like to do when you’re not working?

• MummzieH 10th March 2021 at 10:55 am

Hi Claire, I’m in Rochester.
        My favourite thing is walking the dogs on the beach. I also like annoying all the neighbourhood cats and wider community with my terrible violin practice lol. Horse riding, reading, getting out in nature. I need to expand my hobbies, as I don’t do enough for me.
        How about you? What do you enjoy doing?

• Deleted User 10th March 2021 at 11:06 am

I still have children at home so they keep me busy, but I love walking, cycling and getting out in nature too. I’m also a board game geek, so have spent a few afternoons in the Board Game cafe in Rochester 🙂 Happy to meet up for a walk and outdoor coffee when we’re allowed too 🙂 There’s the really nice country park on the Detling road, great for dog walks 🙂

• MummzieH 10th March 2021 at 1:42 pm

I’ve often wanted to go to Playopolis. I love a board game. One of the silver Inis to having power cuts lol.
          Yes, a meet up would be nice 👍😊

• Blauro 10th March 2021 at 8:06 am

Hi MummzieH,
      Welcome to the group. I hope you get to enjoy the community.
      I’ve found this to be a very friendly site. 😊

• MummzieH 10th March 2021 at 10:56 am

Thanks Blauro.
        One of the positives of lockdown is having the time and isolation to join this group. Silver linings lol

• Blauro 10th March 2021 at 9:03 pm

I was the same, I joined at the end of last year and have really enjoyed being part of the group.
          Take care.

• MummzieH 10th March 2021 at 10:19 pm

You too.
          An interesting name. Where does it originate?

• Blauro 11th March 2021 at 12:21 am

Blauro is just my user name, my real name is Alex.
          A few World Cups ago, there was a website where you could generate your name as if you were a Brazilian footballer. They tend to be known by just one name. When I put my name in it created ‘Blauro’
          Take care.
          Alex 😊

• MummzieH 11th March 2021 at 4:35 pm

I’ve just noticed on your profile that your chosen breed of dog is Bull Terrier. What type? I have an EBT, she’s crazier than a box of frogs. Her Dad won best of breed at crufts last year 🙂

• Blauro 11th March 2021 at 9:28 pm

The Bull Terrier I have bred and shown is what some refer to as the English Bull Terrier.
          They are such great characters and very comical too. Absolutely brilliant family dogs, they can be a bit crazy but that’s why we love them.
          If she’s out of a Crufts winner them she must be a good quality bitch. How old is she? Is she white or coloured? I’d love to see a picture if you wouldn’t mind?

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 6:37 am

She’s white and brindle, she’s almost 2, so I’m hoping to breed her towards the end of the year. That will be a whole different kind of crazy lol. She is amazing. She needs toning a bit more, but at the moment I have to walk both dogs together and by 9 Yr old collie has bad hips, so can’t really do super long walks at the moment.

• Blauro 12th March 2021 at 6:55 am

😂 That’s a great picture! Typical Bull Terrier pose. Thanks for posting.
          Have you bred a litter before? Will you be speaking to her breeder for advice on who to use at stud? Having Bull Terrier puppies is hard work but is so rewarding. Hopefully, your girl will do her bit by being a good Mum.

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 10:47 am

Hi Alex,
          Yes, I’ll definitely be getting as much advice as I can from her breeder. She (dog, not breeder) had a phantom pregnancy at Christmas, all the lovely soft toys we got them to destroy on Christmas day ended up being carried around, grouped together, ‘fed’ etc. I took them away from her one a day; and after 2 days of no ‘babies’ she was fine, but then, 3 weeks later, when my pregnant daughter came over, she started the same behaviour. She’s a funny little thing lol.
          I’ve already warned my boss that I will need to bulk my annual leave if and when the pups arrive.

• Blauro 12th March 2021 at 8:51 pm

Hi Mummzie,
          Yes sometimes when they’re having a phantom pregnancy, they even produce milk. The poor things do get a bit confused.
          I’m glad you’ll be speaking to her breeder. I’m sure they’ll be able to give you lots of advise and help on who to use as a stud.
          My very first bitch had 10!! talk about being thrown in at the deep end!
          It’ll be good if your boss lets you take all your holiday in one go. Trouble is, you’ll probably need another holiday when all the puppies are off to their new homes!
          When is she due to come into season again, has she been regular so far?
          Alex

• MummzieH 12th March 2021 at 10:37 pm

She had her first season at 8 months old, her second 4 months later and her 3rd 6 months after that. So I’m expecting her next to be around her 2 Yr mark, which would be good if it’s just after, as then I can get her 2 Yr tests done and breed her then, if it works out that way. But we all know the best laid plans of mice and men….

• Blauro 13th March 2021 at 12:03 am

Well your plan sounds good and I hope it works out for you. As she’s almost 2 now then you may not have too long to wait!
          I’d be interested to know how you get on, if you wouldn’t mind?
          Good luck
          Alex

• MummzieH 11th March 2021 at 9:49 am

Ahhh, I see. My username is because everyone called me Mummy H. I’ve spent a lifetime looking after waifs and strays, be them 4 legged or 2 lol.
      Nice to meet you Alex 👍

• Colin in Kent 11th March 2021 at 5:12 pm

Hi, welcome to the site! I love Rochester, we were contemplating moving there six years ago but ended up where we are now. My wife used to manage the Ottakar’s bookshop in Chatham, but we often (or, did) go to Rochester for walks.

• MummzieH 11th March 2021 at 8:59 pm

Hi Colin,
      Thanks. Yes, Rochester is lovely. Kent is a real gem overall. It will be nice to see the high street open up again.
      I have decided my mission is to start at one end of the high Street and have an evening out in every eatery, cafe or pub, going first down one side, then coming back down the other lol

Add