Home Forums Hobbies, Sports & Leisure Hi, are there any other reborn doll makers on here...

Deleted User Posted 1 year ago
Hi, are there any other reborn doll makers on here?
3 likes & 10 replies
    • Daybreak Dawn 22nd November 2020 at 10:23 pm

Do you mean reborn again Christian ?

• Sherry 23rd November 2020 at 3:02 pm

Or do you mean reborn dolls?

• Deleted User 23rd November 2020 at 3:15 pm

Yes I mean reborn dolls, I make them I was wondering if anybody else does : ) its a great hobby

• Sherry 23rd November 2020 at 4:04 pm

I love them, but can’t afford them and my family think it’s weird.  I was tricked by a seller in America. So it put me off.

Where are you based? I am in Essex.

• Deleted User 24th November 2020 at 6:47 am

Im just outside Evesham, I was born in Romford : ) I started off buying the dolls, I started buying more and more expensive ones. then I thought “im going to have a go”, so I sold the dolls I bought and got a kit. You should really try making one, they are not as hard as you think, its a great hobby if you can handle a cosmetic sponge and paint your away. If you use the heat set paint you can wipe it of with thinner when you go wrong.  Everybody thought I was weird when I started doing it, but once you get going and people realise how many hours it takes and realise what goes into it they change their minds. These are two I’m doing, I’ve just finished rooting the hair on one just got to give her a baby haircut. the other one is a fairy kit I’ve ordered some blue and lilac Ombre alpaca hair to root her with. These are the first two I’ve ever done, so it shows you they are not that hard.  Its great fun building up the layers and painting veins etc.

• Deleted User 25th November 2020 at 7:56 am

Wow these look great and can imagine the time it takes and you must be spending days rooting in all that hair

• Deleted User 25th November 2020 at 9:18 am

Hi Graham, thank you I’m really enjoying making them. I started them in May, so it has taken ages. You paint veins and capillaries and then build up the mottling on the skin and the flesh layers. She has about 20 layers on her. The hair has taken about 40 hours but I’ve enjoyed the whole process. I like working on the fairies as you can be more creative, I have some blue and lilac hair for her and I’m planning some glitter and wings 😊

• Yve 25th November 2020 at 2:50 pm

I’d love to give it a try , they fascinate me , I must admit I do prefer the ones with closed eyes though … my family also think I’m weird . I have mannequins and dolls everywhere 😂

• Shay8 3rd June 2021 at 11:40 am

Well, I am also looking for a gift for my dad right now actually, however, I am looking for a Christmas gift actually. He has been having a great passion for atv’s since his childhood. And this passion has actually passed on to me. That link is really great actually, the ideas are good, however as I know my dad has got everything from there. So I still have this dilemma, what should I get him… Well, I have been thinking about his other passion, the bobbleheads. He has got an incredible amount of bobbleheads actually. So I am thinking about getting him some fully customizable bobbleheads from https://bestcustombobbleheads.com/collections/custom-wedding-bobbleheads. I guess he would actually like them very much.

Add