Home Forums Local Groups England Tyne and Wear Hi am Susan from Tyne &Wear I am a full time C...

Mindset40 Posted 3 months ago
Hi am Susan from Tyne &Wear I am a full time Carer for my husband and thought it may be nice to log in again and see whats happening :-)
3 likes & 29 replies
    • Deleted User 18th October 2021 at 9:18 pm

A big hello from Bristol

• Paul095 20th October 2021 at 7:16 am

I pop in here from time to time, not much going on in here !! Hello anyway 😊

• Daisychain 20th October 2021 at 7:27 am

Hi, a big hello from me too in Tyne and Wear

• Paul095 20th October 2021 at 9:25 pm

Well tomorrow’s going to be a sunny day probably one of the last few so lll be off to the coast

• Bailygirl 24th October 2021 at 1:29 pm

hi Susan
      Hello from North Tyneside. Hope your taking care of yourself too. I have two special sons. Life is all go LOL 🙂

• Mindset40 31st October 2021 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone whom did that is haha please excuse the fact that i do not get back asap but when you have the role of a full time carer it is time consuming and that must be a real tough job Bailygirl looking after your 2 sons bless 🙂

• Mindset40 31st October 2021 at 6:02 pm

Just sitting contemplating how life can just throw you a curve ball and all totally changes never thought for one minute that in my 50s I would end up in my now position as a carer to the hubby baring in mind I still feel young at heart doing my own thing having nights out etc but it becomes a bit of a lonely life don’t get me wrong sympathy is not what I need just a little bit of the old me back oh and I must add after having to spend 10 days in isolation after contracting Covid from the hubby thanks for that haha think having that time has made me reflect and to anyone out there who reads and listens Thank you 🙂

• Paul095 1st November 2021 at 7:06 pm

Life really is a rollercoaster, hang on in there, if you look round you’ll see a load of us hanging on in there with you with our own battles and struggles!!😬

• Mindset40 1st November 2021 at 9:43 pm

Yes it certainly is a roller coaster and I see others hanging on fighting battles and struggles which does make me feel not so alone Thanks for that 🙂

• Davidjh 5th November 2021 at 9:29 am

Hi Susan , I’m David also carer for wife , how are you , be nice to chat

• Mindset40 5th November 2021 at 2:57 pm

HI David how are you and yes if you would like to chat that is fine with me we all need a little togetherness whilst caring so if you would like to message me feel free and we can have a little bit chat about this situation as to be truthful I am going through a bit of a time of it at present moment in time thanks for the reply look forward to hearing from you 🙂

• Mike37 7th November 2021 at 11:29 am

Hi Susan, I am Mike and a full time carer for my wife. If you ever want to chat please give me a shout x

• Mindset40 8th November 2021 at 11:27 am

Hi Mike lovely to hear from you and thanks for that offer how long have you been a carer for your wife? coming onto 7 year for me hope your doing ok 🙂

• Mike37 8th November 2021 at 12:34 pm

Hi hope you’re ok and staying well. Thanks for your reply, I am very happy for your response. I have been a carer now for nearly 10 years and now I am feeling quite lonely at times and really miss my freedom. How do you manage time for yourself?

• Mindset40 8th November 2021 at 2:37 pm

That is good to hear your doing ok as it is really hard being a Carer and wow 10 year it is a very lonely life Mike and I often find this very daunting as I too miss my freedom even popping to the shops is a no no as my husband cannot be left on his own I do get Carers coming in to bathe him and he also attends a Social activities centre for 3 days 4 hours per day and I do not mean to sound ungrateful for this but really by the time you get him sorted to go there/get yourself ready and get out your clock watching as it goes by that fast before you know it time to collect him also my son will stay with his dad now and again which gives me the chance to have a night out with my daughter I have to say that is a god send as it does make me feel like a person in my own right not just a Carer which I tend to think everyone looks upon you as this and this only which can become very overwhelming 🙁 So do you get any help and do you manage any free time?

• Mike37 8th November 2021 at 6:21 pm

Unfortunately i get no help at all as I’m told I would have to pay for it according to my income. I do have a hobby which is oil painting and have a studio in my garden. So, I can occasionally escape and relax in my world of art. What I desperately miss is the affection etc that married couples have. Would you like to email rather than talk on this site?

• Mindset40 8th November 2021 at 8:59 pm

Hi Mike I did reply but think it may be in your inbox 🙂

• Mike37 9th November 2021 at 8:40 am

Hi Susan, sorry did not receive your reply, could you possibly resend x Hope you have a good day x

• Sylvia 1957 8th November 2021 at 8:00 am

Hello Susan, Welcome. I’m also from Tyne and Wear. 😘

• Mindset40 8th November 2021 at 11:23 am

HI Sylvia and thanks for that and how you doing? 🙂

• Sylvia 1957 8th November 2021 at 8:09 pm

Hello Susan, I’m fine thank you.
        I hope your looking after yourself. It’s not easy what you are doing.
        Sending you a big hug 🤗 take care 💖🌸😘

• Mindset40 8th November 2021 at 9:02 pm

Good to hear and i try to look after myself haha not easy at all but we do what we have to do thanks for the hug it is appreciated take care also 🙂 Xx

• Dawn Lovejoy 4th December 2021 at 8:05 pm

Hi Susan, I know how incredibly tough caring can be. I spent many years caring for a friend. Now trying to get my life back on track. I’m here if you need to chat. Look after yourself. With best wishes, Dawn

• Mindset40 8th December 2021 at 10:29 am

Hello Dawn Thank you so much for that message and it was so nice of you to offer being there if I needed to chat it makes all the difference knowing that much appreciated look after yourself also regards Susan 🙂

Add