Home Forums Hobbies, Sports & Leisure Hi All Just thought….

dazliss Posted 2 years ago
Hi All Just thought….

I would introduce myself.

I am Darren and have lived in Coventry all my life. After suffering several bouts of depression, I am now trying to get my health and wellness back on track. I enjoy cycling, walking, OCR, and going to the gym (Yes, I really am crazy).

Looking forward to (virtually) meeting people of a like mind.

3 likes & 4 replies
    • Joe 26th October 2020 at 11:10 pm

Hi Darren,

Nice to meet you, I hope you’re well, what is OCR?

I’m a keen cyclist as well but during the lockdown to make sure I went outside every day I took my running more seriously. I did a few half-marathon and oh I think I have beaten you on the crazy scale as I have just signed up for a virtual Lands End to John O’Groats Run!!! 874 miles. I have got a year to complete it so not as bad as it sounds but still 874 miles. Somethings seem like a good idea when your on your computer late at night :o).

• dazliss 27th October 2020 at 6:20 am

Hi, OCR is obstacle course racing. Wolf run, tough Mudder that kind of thing. Basically reverting to my childhood of playing in the woods and swimming in lakes. The virtual challenges are great. I did Hadrian’s Wall at the start of the year. Yes I used to run a lot but unfortunately let my fitness slip so am trying to get back into it.

• lyndabrownbath 27th October 2020 at 8:01 am

I think the lock down did a bit of good in that lots of people bought bicycles and started walking in the countryside as well. I started a zoom creative writing session and found that I’m good at it. Did anyone else start to enjoy new things?

• Christine Twigg 31st October 2020 at 10:23 pm

Hi Darren and Joe It’s good to hear that you are both into cycling. Did you see my post the other day about getting people to talk about cycling more on Rest Less with a view to maybe getting some kind of group together? What kind of cycling do you do and in which areas?

Add