Home Forums Health Hi All just joined! How are you all finding this 3...

Mrs Bouquet Posted 1 year ago
Hi All just joined! How are you all finding this 3rd Lockdown (Leicestershire). Has everyone had their 1st Covid19 vaccine and which vaccine did you have – any side effects?
6 likes & 40 replies
    • Deleted User 11th February 2021 at 1:31 pm

Born and bred in Leicestershire, but no longer living there. Not had jab yet. Hubby has been phoned this morning to go on Saturday morning for his. He is aged 66 so they are getting there. Mind you not the population here as there is in Leicestershire.

• Marica 11th February 2021 at 2:19 pm

Hi Mrs Bouquet. Welcome on here . I had my first jab last Friday . I was not intending to bother as I was so scared of the side effects as I react badly to many vaccines and meds. But something pushed me despite being shaky and crying before I went!! It was fine, a couple of days of mild side effects but similar to Covid that I had a year ago but no temperature so I was not at all worried. I was absolutely fine after 48 hours but I will say my arm is still feeling very tender but bearable. I would tell anyone not to worry

• paulinevaughan2015 5th March 2021 at 7:39 am

That’s interesting Marcia

I’m also a bit reluctant after have in had Covid last year but it seems pretty obvious that if we want to travel abroad we will have to have the jab
        However, actual get to it isn’t proving easy.
        Despite a large nhs vaccination centre having been installed in my local town centre I can’t get an appointment there. The nearest is 17 miles away and no appointments available till next week!!

• Marica 5th March 2021 at 1:28 pm

I think that is awful, Pauline. they should be making this accessible to all and I know you have Long Covid too so they should prioritise you. I think you need to have a ng at them over this

• Mand53 11th February 2021 at 2:31 pm

Hello Mrs Bouquet, welcome to the community. I live in Warwickshire, I am also finding this lockdown harder now it is winter. I have not had the jab as yet, I am wary thou; my mother was very poorly for 2 weeks. 😁

• P 11th February 2021 at 3:18 pm

I’m in Leicestershire, feeling really fed up with it now to be honest but needs must as they say. I’ve not been anywhere since last March except for walking my dog. I’ve got asthma so being extra careful. Not heard anything about my jab yet but at 52 it’s probably going to be a while yet. Hoping it’s soon.

• Yogi61 28th March 2021 at 3:53 pm

Im 58 and I have asthma and a lung condition, you should have had yours by now because of your asthma, I would check with your GP if I were you. The asthma overrides your age.

• Daisyroots 11th February 2021 at 5:23 pm

Hi,

I quite like lockdown. Apart from not being able to see my family, life is simpler.

I know of 3 people that have had their jabs and all 3 are absolutely fine.

• Yogi61 28th March 2021 at 3:54 pm

I thought it was just me, until my two started arguing like mad. It was comforting to have them home, and it felt safe and secure. We cant stand the sight of each now though.

• paxton1974 11th February 2021 at 5:42 pm

Hi well i get out everyday going walking for at least 5k no point being stuck indoors . Go shopping Saturday live in Newham East London one of the worse areas take Vitamin D3 4000 iu one week & 8000 iu the next had my Vit D level checked it was 65 so i believe my immune system will be able to cope if i get infected after listening to many videos on youtube .

• ftt1960 11th February 2021 at 6:15 pm

Hello Mrs B, I’m new too. I live in Ayrshire. Struggling with not being able to go anywhere. My 90 year old dad, who has dementia, lives with me and is bored rigid because he can’t go anywhere. My husband and I get out for an hour long walk most days and my dad manages a short walk but other than that none of us venture out.

• Palmer 11th February 2021 at 6:31 pm

I miss visiting my family in Holland as i grew up there. Its the longest time ever since i live here which is 35 years! .
      I had the pfitzer jab yesterday as i work in social care. No side effects at all other than a bit stiff in my arm.

• shelagh.lamming 11th February 2021 at 7:52 pm

I had the pfizer vaccine 17th January. No reaction but a very sore arm for 2 days.

• siandeve15 12th February 2021 at 12:33 pm

I had my first Covid jab with was the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine at 10 am today.
      All credit to the staff of the NHS. & all credit to the NHS staff doing a valid job with little or no thanks administering the absolute must-have vaccine.
      100% organization ultra-efficient ultra-organized.
      I was in & out in minutes, from leaving home to returning took less than 30 minutes.
      So far so good I don’t feel any side effects but it’s early days.
      I love the NHS they all do an amazing job for a living wage.
      True angels in disguise.
      We both volunteer for the NHS I think it’s important to help people.
      We all need help from time to time & we can all contribute at least sometimes is better than no time.
      How can you volunteer some time to help somebody?

• Josie The Black Country Wench 12th February 2021 at 5:27 pm

Had my Oxford astrazeneca today. I have a heart condition and no side effects to report so far. All very simple and easy. Turned up on the GP’s car park they checked my meds and allergy cards and then gave me the vaccine. Said there might be some bruising because of the blood thinning meds but nothing so far.

• chuck 13th February 2021 at 12:47 pm

I had Pfizer vaccination on 11th Feb. No side effects worth mentioning. With this there is good protection after 12 days and even better at 21 days post injection but no data if it prevents transmission of infection if you are carrying the virus in nose/ throat. So usual precautions need to be in place – hands/face/distancing . 2nd dose boosts the antibody levels and likely these will last longer. How long protection is afforded is not currently known but research ongoing.

• LawrieL 18th February 2021 at 5:18 pm

Hi and welcome Mrs Bouquet. I live south Leicestershire and had my first vaccine 1 Feb (Pfizer). Very efficient procedure. Had to wait 15mins after vacc administered before allowed to leave, but was still on my way home after 20mins. I felt a bit ‘off’ the next day (I suffer with M.E. so didn’t initially make the connection with vaccine, as often feel like that), however, most people I’ve spoken to report mild symptoms feeling cold/achey later in the day(or the following day), but doesn’t last and nothing to feel concerned about.

• Grapes 18th February 2021 at 5:48 pm

Pfizer no relation at all sore arm welcome to the site

• Sandyg 19th February 2021 at 1:48 pm

Had the AstraZeneca 9 days ago, as Care Home worker, could have had it in January actually but was rather hesitant…shouldn’t have hesitated tho.it barely hurt at all and no after effects-someone told me to move the injected arm about straight away to disperse it quicker and avoid the sore red area that you often get asI did get last flu jab….well it worked, even if i did look a bit loony walking away from the vax Hub swinging my arms high like I was in a Route March !

At work next night, my temp was recorded as abnormally high at 37.9, but my lateral flow test was negative, so That must have been my body working on assimilating the vax even tho.I felt absolutely fine.

My Temp. gradually went down overnight.

• Deleted User 19th February 2021 at 3:29 pm

Hi Mrs Bouquet

I’m shielding for the 3rd time I recently retired from my job as a medical secretary due to ill health so have a lot of time on my hands. I had Pzifer jab on my 2nd Feb without side effects.

• redman 20th February 2021 at 10:08 am

what part of leicester, i lived there 6 years ago, but in somerset now. miss my family in essex and son in tamworth, the weather dont help here, seems to be raining a lot

• MartinW 4th March 2021 at 11:53 am

I had my first jab two days ago. Felt pretty rough yesterday and today my arm still feels like it’s been kicked by a horse.

• Deleted User 4th March 2021 at 1:21 pm

Hello. I’m shielding for the 3rd time, long story! I had first Pzifer Covid-19 on 2nd February, no side effects.

• redman 4th March 2021 at 6:31 pm

i used to live in leicestershire had jab beg of feb, felt rough for two or three days, i am i somerset now, but am an essex girl pat

• Globetrotter15 4th March 2021 at 11:51 pm

My wife had her 2nd jab today as she is a
      key worker.
      She drives an ambulance for the NHS.
      I had my first jab done 3 weeks ago as I’m 67.
      We both had the Oxford Astrajenca vaxine with no side effects.
      It’s become a prickly subject but why would anybody not have this vaxine.
      Especially as I personally know at least 3 people &
      Other members of my family know at least 6 people who caught the virus & died from it?
      Your call.
      So far as 3rd lockdown goes.
      I occupy myself diy-ing.
      I walk for 2 hours everyday & surfing the net.
      Everyday & refuse to sit
      down before 5pm
      I shave every day even though I know I’m unlikely to meet anyone.
      I quite enjoy this chat site.
      As a retired baker I’m also working on producing the best ever chocolate chip cookies
      What do you do to fill your day, everyday?

• anniep 7th March 2021 at 2:42 pm

You are doing the right thing. I would do same but health gets in the way. However despite many ailments I walk 1000 steps a day. Weather permitting or round the house if raining.
        I don’t sit for longer than half n hour. Doing another trip round house for 5 mins.
        I always was a fidget it’s paid off as I will be 81 soon and defy my arthritis to take over. If you don’t use it you will surely lose it..

• anniep 7th March 2021 at 2:43 pm

And I would love one of your choccy chip biscuits

• Victory 5th March 2021 at 6:44 am

I had my vaccine three weeks ago , I am a support worker . It was the Oxford one . I felt a bit unwell fir about a day , I was really scared to have it , but I am glad I did . As I feel safer going out there to work . I live in the east of London . And the virus is not so bad here . I still mask up on the street also . Can’t be to careful out there .. god bless look after yourself

• flowerpot 5th March 2021 at 2:32 pm

I had the Oxford vaccine early February, I’m a care worker so next jab booked for April, to be honest I had a headache & felt dizzy for a few days, I’ve heard the Astrazenica vaccine has the most side effects.

• Flo-jo 5th March 2021 at 3:23 pm

Got mine tomorrow

• Debera 5th March 2021 at 3:51 pm

Hyacinth, is that you? 😄
      I’m a care worker, so been working all through this pandemic. I’m getting my second Pfizer jab in two weeks. No side effects beyond the sore arm that I get every year with the flu vaccine. I say to anyone at risk, take off your tin-foil hat and get protected, the government already knows all about you. Do we get more sensible as we get older, or do we just have less tolerance for bull****?

• manbug 28th March 2021 at 10:57 am

good morning to you i had my astrazeneca jab at the peepul centre 2 weeks ago and had no side effects . my son also had no problems but my daughter and husband both had sore arms and very tired, we all had the same jab

• paxton1974 28th March 2021 at 3:45 pm

No not having the vaccine thank you Doris

• Yogi61 28th March 2021 at 3:51 pm

I had the Pfizer one three weeks ago, my arm was a bit achy for a day but otherwise no side effects. My sister had the Oxford one – she was really ill for three days. Trouble is you don’t know why it could be other medication she is taking, her husband had it and he was fine.

• JoanSmith 28th March 2021 at 4:46 pm

This lockdown has been hard, due to moving during lockdown, not knowing anybody where we moved to – stupid idea at the time!!! Hopefully things are on the up now – both had our vaccine, we had Pfizer,no adverse affects apart from sleeping a lot first day – but then nothing much else to do

• Deleted User 29th March 2021 at 8:14 am

I used to live in Leicestershire well for 59 years. Which part are you from? Had my 1st jab 2 weeks ago no problems at all apart from a sore arm for a couple of days. Small price to pay.

Add