Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi all, I’m new in here and would love to he...

Thecraftygirl Posted 2 years ago
Hi all, I’m new in here and would love to hear from anyone about anything really, it’s that or I’ll end up lining up my paperclips by height… 🤣
13 likes & 48 replies
    • Josie123 18th January 2021 at 6:49 pm

Hi!

Thought I’d pop in to respond as otherwise you have crickets!

How many have you lined up so far? 😁

• Blauro 18th January 2021 at 8:48 pm

Hi craftygirl,
      Welcome to the group. I hope you are well and your paper clips and staples are all organised.
      Have you made any resolutions for this year? Having a dry January?

• Veronica Mary 18th January 2021 at 9:21 pm

I made a daisy chain with my paper clips !. Never thought of the staples. Stabbing out my lack of company on a little felted squirrel. It does help to be active!

• Sharon. E 18th January 2021 at 9:23 pm

Hi new here too. Ahh the good old paperclips. Know that feeling!

• Dermac 19th January 2021 at 7:36 am

Hi there crafty girl, love the name, design and making your own jewellery, iam a 64 year old guy, a few nieces, and lady friends , and they all liked my stuff, i never do two things the same, and it dosent cost much to make. Its worth a go.

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 8:25 am

Hi Dermac, you clever man, making your own jewellery! I think we are lucky really, my card making has kept me sane this last year. Keep creating!

• Dermac 19th January 2021 at 9:06 am

Thanks for your reply, I also restore chairs, I tried to download a picture, but not great with phones

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 9:25 am

Ahh you’re obviously a crafty fella! My dad was an upholsterer. I’d love to see some pics!

• Dermac 19th January 2021 at 9:40 am

When I was 18. I done a two year coarse in upholstery, and furniture restoration, also some French polishing, at Telford college in Edinburgh,I still can’t do it concerning the photos, as when I go to my photos I’ve picked a couple out from I cloud, then it downloads them, takes ages, which it’s never done before, then when I try to get back to you, to add the photos, it starts from the beginning again, dermal you’ve got a message, I get someone to show me later👍

• Sandyg 20th January 2021 at 4:50 am

Thst reminds me of my Granny, she used to repair basket weave seats of chairs, her father and his father had a basketry shop in Twickenham, where they moved from Reading, Granny kept up the skill til she was in her 80s and got Alzheimers sadly

• Josie The Black Country Wench 19th January 2021 at 7:48 am

Hi there welcome. I am fairly new here too. I once used a magnet and made a sculpture out of paperclips. Amazing what we get up to when forced into isolation

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 8:22 am

Hi josie well I hope we are all let out soon! I’m actually going in to work today. Actually looking forward to getting out the house! What are you up to? 😊

• Pitstop 19th January 2021 at 8:25 am

Hi I am penny I know exactly what you mean I am bored out my trolly the only good thing is i have done all the jobs around the house i never had time for before and keep looking for more my resin craft keeps me sane but i miss a really good night out i am 60

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 8:29 am

Hi Penny, ooooh I love resin crafts, you clever thing! I follow quite a few people on Instagram and I think the things they make are amazing! Keep saying I’m going to do this but I’m Always doing that, going off at a tangent! Would love to see what you make!

• Shonzie60 20th January 2021 at 11:28 am

I miss a good night out too. We have had FaceTime calls with friends and lots of gin but it’s not the same 😩

• De 19th January 2021 at 1:22 pm

Noticed your name is crafty girl. Does this mean you are into crafts? I love my crafting. During lockdown iv been trying to learn new crafts. I am however spending way too much money on materials which are so easy to order online.

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 4:18 pm

Hi De yes I make cards and yes, I’ve been spending far too much since lock down too! What kind of things do you enjoy crafting?

• Shonzie60 19th January 2021 at 4:30 pm

Haha! I loved that you are so bored. I feel the opposite, like I am chasing my tail and I never seem to catch it. I live about an hour from Glasgow & Edinburgh and about 2hrs takes me to the highlands. I have missed travelling this year as my late husband and I were never at home at weekends as always off somewhere. We also did a lot of foreign travel too. Do you like travelling and if so do you find lockdown very hard?
      Shona

• Thecraftygirl 20th January 2021 at 8:24 am

Hi Shona you sure do love in a beautiful part of the country. Well I was exaggerating a little with the paperclips! I do work full time but I miss going out at weekends. Must be hard for you losing your partner. We have to hang on In there x

• Shonzie60 20th January 2021 at 11:34 am

Hi. Work is good at this time as gives us a sense of purpose and a reason to get up in the mornings. It’s the ones who are living alone and not working I feel for as I would be so bored too.
          Shona x

• 92smoothy 19th January 2021 at 4:35 pm

Hi, I’m new here too, glad to talk about anything

• GreginYorkshire 19th January 2021 at 4:59 pm

I was driven to that too, really boring when they’re all the same height though! 🙂

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 5:23 pm

Yes I have had to move on!

• cazk 19th January 2021 at 6:16 pm

Hi all l am pretty new as well l must be the boring one l don’t own a paper clip staple or pin l do have a needle might try threading it lol

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 6:25 pm

We need to get over our stationery obsessions!

• Rad 19th January 2021 at 6:38 pm

Hello people, as a thought to ease boredom, why not create a proper garden paradise area? I’m building my self another waterfall and pond and planting it all up, I find it very exciting knowing it’s coming to life literally as we approach spring.
      I am lucky in that I rarely suffer boredom, I have a lot of interests – there’s a whole world of great stuff on YouTube, far better than TV IMO. I recommend Mark Wiens – he’s a foody who travels the world, Thailand at the mo.

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 7:02 pm

Wow! You arw putting my paperclip shuffling to shame. How lovely to have a pond, something I’ve always wanted. You must put some pictures up!

• karsteele 19th January 2021 at 8:24 pm

OK Crafty girl. Do some poems, they’re not difficult. free writing.
      Discover nature – just watching the birds fighting over crusts is worth a word or two. Seeing you like putting things in line, do little drawings of all the kind of lines you see or know about. Example one: I’m sure you’ve seen birds gathered in a line along telephone wires waiting for the gang so they can take off to warmer climes. And more……………

• BridJames 19th January 2021 at 8:24 pm

Hello Geraldine, it’s not quite card-making but I’ve done a fair bit of origami.

• Thecraftygirl 19th January 2021 at 8:31 pm

Origami, how amazing. I’ve never tried that…

• Sandyg 20th January 2021 at 4:54 am

I’m a Care Assistant, so have been mega- busy with work, no furlough for me !

• Thecraftygirl 20th January 2021 at 8:21 am

Sandy G, I bet you have. Thank you for all the amazing work you do. 🤗

• Deleted User 26th January 2021 at 2:28 am

I went for making patterns out of tea-bags!

• Deleted User 26th January 2021 at 2:29 am

I went for making patterns out of tea-bags!

• 1rossiman50 26th January 2021 at 9:06 am

I took up knitting in the lockdown and doing alright with it just started a jumper for myself. It was do that or go off the rails. Feel free to laugh if you want.

• karsteele 26th January 2021 at 2:43 pm

Not all. One of the best knitting patter designers was Kaffe Fassett ( think that’s spelled correctly.) He was a brilliant knitter. A lot of men enjoy knitting but don’t always have the courage to admit it. I used to be a compulsive knitter but can’t get myself interested again.

• Nannie Bet 26th January 2021 at 11:10 am

Hi , i can emathise with you

• Thecraftygirl 26th January 2021 at 12:19 pm

We’ve all got to do what we can to get ourselves through this, doesn’t matter what it is. I wish I could knit!

• karsteele 26th January 2021 at 1:30 pm

Knitting is a way of doing nothing but appearing to do something.
      I’m not knocking knitting (alliteration)! Way back in the 80s I used to own a wool shop/sewing utensils/ you name it I sold it. The wools were incredible, don’t see them around anymore. I used to knit a sweater in a week, less if it was a simple mohair which was all the rage then. Everyone I knew had a sweater for birthdays and Xmas. I loved knitting and would sit up half the night watching a film and knitting!. HOWEVER after a couple of years I had to sell the shop, couldn’t afford the rent anymore, landlord doubled it. But guess what, knitting is the last thing I want to do anymore. I reckon I did a lifetime. Loved it though. Learn to knit it’s easy. I’d teach you if you were nearby. ! I’m in Staines on Thames.

• John Baptist 29th January 2021 at 6:53 pm

Just come out of hospital with severe back pain which needed emergency treatment. It was manic in there, the staff are under enormous pressure God bless them. Thankfully I didn’t need surgery and was discharged. I am home now and I have decided to line up my paper clips. Thank you very much for giving me the idea. How are you getting on?

• Thecraftygirl 29th January 2021 at 7:19 pm

Oh dear, poor you! Glad you are OK and didn’t need surgery. Hospital is not where you want to be if you can help it. Yes I don’t know how the NHS stuff manage

Add