Home Forums Dating Hey I’m new to the group just gone through a hor...

Denn Posted 9 months ago
Hey I’m new to the group just gone through a horrible relationship never thought this would happen to me just want to be happy again

I’m 58 working to much 🤣 easy going so confused at the moment but will get myself back on track again 💪🏽🙏🏽 Living in Somerset now into most things sporting training easygoing really ex rugby player born in New Zealand 🇳🇿 working at Hinkley point nuclear power station 🙄🤷‍♂️ Tunneling

7 likes & 28 replies
    • Jacqui 26 24th August 2021 at 7:17 am

Hi Denn, welcome . I am in a similar situation to you , it is confusing and frustrating be as positive as you can and I am always happy to chat with you 🙂Jacqui

• Leeozzy1 24th August 2021 at 8:31 am

Welcome to the group lovely xx

• Outwithdawn 24th August 2021 at 8:39 am

Take care and take your time, I’ve been there. I’m a good listener,

• Denn 24th August 2021 at 8:46 am

Aww thank you 🙏🏽 Gona take a while I think 😞

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 24th August 2021 at 9:22 am

All the best…ive gone through a nasty divorce…found happiness again only for him to pass away. Its a very hard road to do.

• Wenic 24th August 2021 at 10:08 am

Hi Denn. I think a lot of us have been through very similar to you luv. I know it seems impossible at times and you are in a state of shock fir quite a while too but I promise you that it will get easier. Just don’t expect too much from yourself. Take it one day at a time throw yourself into your work, exercise/sport and friends and family then you’ll suddenly realise ‘wow I’ve done it. Always here if you ever need to talk. More importantly Take care of yourself.

• Joy b 24th August 2021 at 10:21 am

think u will get a lot of support from the group . life definitely gets easier , just allow yourself time to adjust to your new circumstances , Good luck in your new journey

• Deleted User 24th August 2021 at 10:30 am

Morning Denn. Hope you are ok today. Have a lovey day. The sun is shining. Don’t build your wall too high. Hopefully you will soon feel better. Sue. X

• Joy b 24th August 2021 at 10:31 am

been there myself initially can be difficult ,but hopefully u will find yourself in a lot better place soon

• Catwoman 24th August 2021 at 11:39 am

Hi, there seems to be a lot of us on here with similar stories. My last relationship was abusive it takes time to trust again that’s for sure 🙂

• loislane 24th August 2021 at 11:49 am

Hi, and welcome to the group, just join in and have fun.
      Most of us on here have been in the same boat as you.
      Because of who we are we don’t expect someone’s else’s brutal agenda…it’s a shock.
      Good you’re out of it.

• vaughanpauline 24th August 2021 at 1:36 pm

Hi Denn

I too can relate to what you are saying.
      We split 2 years ago (his choice not mine) and its only now I can say I’ve really started to see light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the things that helped me was developing new friends

I recently started a private Facebook group called Silver Friends. Most of the members are from restless originally.

I’m attaching a link here for you and anyone else who would like to join us. We have online meet ups on Sunday evenings and we are trying to arrange real life meet ups including a lunch in Glasgow, an overnight trip to Blackpool illuminations and another meet up in West Yorkshire.

It’s important to keep busy so I hope you do join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/598917587757903/?ref=share

Take care

Pauline

• Bastmanya Moonblood 24th August 2021 at 3:05 pm

Been single longer than you been married its not easy either way! 😂😂😂

• Denn 24th August 2021 at 6:10 pm

No you haven’t 🙄

• Brighton Belle 25th August 2021 at 12:06 am

You will get through it Ive been divorced 34 yrs have had partners since tough at first but your young and good-looking ……..

• Denn 25th August 2021 at 4:45 am

Thank you so much I’m getting ready to go to work now 🙄🤣

• Brighton Belle 25th August 2021 at 7:23 am

Stay safe have good day…..

• Kayj 25th August 2021 at 10:16 am

Hi, it will take time, I got sick of hearing that phrase too. Just how long till you feel more confident is down to you, and the group of friends you have to support you…I hope you get some good love from all your friends. If you want to chat, feel free 🥴

• Suziku 25th August 2021 at 11:12 am

Hi Denn. As others have said, it will take time. I couldn’t help focusing on your wish to be ‘happy again’ and, being a lot further down the line than you, I couldn’t help thinking ‘please don’t go chasing a new relationship thinking that will make you happy’. It took me a long, long time and a number of ultimately unhappy relationships to realise that only I can make me happy. Since concentrating on that aspect, I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my life. You do have to be prepared to do some things alone (holidays, cinema etc). I found I quite enjoyed it after getting over the initial fears. I’d also recommend joining SilverFriends. I’ve just applied myself, having only joined SilverLadies last week and already I’ve done an online coffee morning, written a piece for a book they’re putting together and arranged to meet one of the other ladies for coffee and lunch next week, phew! Before you know it you’ll have a busy life, concentrating on YOU. Good luck!

Add