Home Forums Dating Help, advice, hints and tips, please

Good ol Sussex Boy Posted 11 months ago
Help, advice, hints and tips, please

Hi all. Lost my wife last year and now feel maybe it is time to gingerly dip my toe in the dating water (my last date with anyone other than my wife was 40 years ago!). I have read some horror stories on here and some very sad stuff too. Can anyone give me positive hints, tips, advice on dating sites to try (and those to avoid!). I have loads of friends and always seem to be busy (which is good) but definitely feel something – or somebody – is missing. In short it would be fun to share it all again with someone special. Thanks in advance. Chris

9 replies
    • Be Be 29th September 2021 at 12:32 pm

Hi Chris, I’m sorry to hear about your loss. It must be quite daunting starting again after 40yrs.
      I live in Brighton and have tried dating sites, have met a few people but as yet none suitable. I’m very independent and really very content on my own but it would be nice to have someone special in my life.
      I joined the U3A where there are lots of groups, classes, social activities and many friendly people. It’s a good way to meet new like minded people. I wish you good luck in moving forward. 😊Be

• Deleted User 10th October 2021 at 1:11 pm

Hi Chris, I’m very sorry for your loss. Be Be has great advice, my two pennorth is not everyone is as they seem, tread carefully

• Brighton Belle 10th October 2021 at 1:24 pm

Welcome to our site we are friendly bunch -you will be able to talk on any subject on here to others that are going through or been through similar situations to yourself -enjoy our company

• Brighton Belle 10th October 2021 at 1:28 pm

I’m a Sussex girl I spent my childhood in Peacehaven where close family still live- I’m now a long way from home living in Warwickshire

• Linpap 10th October 2021 at 4:40 pm

I was also widowed in 2020 and have done loads of soul searching about if/when it’s the right time to consider dating again, I feel a bit guilty but also feel ready to try to meet someone again what I had before was so good I know no one else will ever be the same as my partner but could help fill the void in my life i have put my profile on a free site so not made any financial commitment and I’m afraid I swipe left on most applicants but the few I’ve been chatting to and three I’ve met have all been very charming and respectful and fun, not going to lead to any big commitment but think been a positive experience for me and them and it’s a bit like going for job interviews I’m getting more chilled relaxed and confident with practice after all this time!! So I think go for it you have nothing to lose and it can be fun good luck

Add