Home Forums Arts & Culture Hello! Which/where was the last art gallery you vi...

Millie Posted 2 years ago
Hello! Which/where was the last art gallery you visited? I miss so much not being able to travel freely. Mx

10 likes & 37 replies
    • Zoe Anne 30th October 2020 at 9:36 am

V&A Tim Walker exhibition.

I received V & A membership as a gift last Christmas, visited most week’s pre lock-down, missing spontaneity and meeting friends in members lounge

• Millie 3rd November 2020 at 10:46 am

I would get a V and  A membership and a Tate etc Like a shot if I lived anywhere near a London!
        Based too far away Im afraid!! So enjoy for me too!💐
        M

• dazliss 30th October 2020 at 10:27 am

For me, Probably the Birmingham Art museum but regularly used to go the Herbert Art Gallery in Coventry

• Heidi 30th October 2020 at 11:49 pm

Hayward gallery, Even with London in stage two. It’s not easy is it?

also The Pallant in Chichester. V good. Can’t you manage going out?

• Lesley R 1st November 2020 at 6:49 am

Chichester is one place I havent been in this country. Must go asap after this lockdown. In the meantime zI am off to google The Pallant and dream.

• Deleted User 27th December 2020 at 9:44 am

Hi – Love The Pallant – you get such a great atmosphere in there – even if only stopping for tea and cake ( superb cakes!) Have you been to Charleston Farmhouse. So quirky – absolutely off the wall. Sadly its been closed for most of this year..

• Ann50 31st October 2020 at 12:57 am

The RA in London great space to be in

• Lovelifelady 31st October 2020 at 7:01 am

Hi. My Husband had a birthday gift of a weekend for 2 in London . He had tickets for an experience in Walthamstow so I pre booked a slot for the William Morris Gallery.  The Gallery is little and I am glad we booked as it was quiet.  The area is beautiful despite being a small sub area it was friendly and I felt very c 19 safe despite traveling from a medium to a high teir.  We took the Train too and it was practically empty.

• aspie auntie 31st October 2020 at 11:11 am

Leeds Art Gallery.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 31st October 2020 at 1:23 pm

This week as part of my art course I went to the castle Bude which has 3 galleries of local people work. It was really nice to see art

• Somethingshort 31st October 2020 at 4:37 pm

I have had the opportunity to go to galleries abroad and thought…..oh, I’ll go the next time I am here. When this is all over, I vow that I will never again miss another art gallery.

I enjoy all the London galleries, but my favorite one is in my home town of Birmingham. (I’m slightly biased)

• JaneBD 31st October 2020 at 10:24 pm

I also love the V and A museum ! I can wander around it for hours.There is a small gallery in Eastbourne which was very pleasant to discover!

• Country Girl 1st November 2020 at 12:16 am

I recently visited an exhibition of Grayson Perry’s early work in Bath. I enjoyed it , worth a visit if you’re over this way once they can re-open.

• aspie auntie 1st November 2020 at 11:04 am

I like Grayson Perry’s work, and his art class programme he did on Channel 4 during the first lockdown.  He seemed to bring Harry Hill out of the doldrums when he asked for celebrity contributions as well as those from viewers.

• Bill on an Island 1st November 2020 at 4:02 pm

Tate Modern 3 years ago! Went to NPG the same weekend and the V & A. Discovered Richter at the Tate and want to go back as soon as I can. I plan to tour europe when I retire in a camper and visit as many galleries as I can take in the process.

• Linny 1st November 2020 at 6:59 pm

Last gallery I visited was Tate Britain last January. Was walking past and decided to go in. Love when things happen by chance.😀

• Mark S 1st November 2020 at 7:05 pm

the last time that i visited an art gallery was over 10 years ago in Rome. Have never been to Tate in LOndon

• Ellen Turner 1st November 2020 at 7:55 pm

Nottingham Contemporary last weekend for the Grace Jones exhibition. It was very interesting with some Warhol pictures  and other pictures of her and photos mapping out her career.

• Deleted User 4th November 2020 at 7:49 am

FACT Liverpool. Just such a lovely space and has a Picturehouse cinema too which showed lots of art house films as well as main stream cinema. Sadly now closed because of lockdown 🙁

• Millie 6th November 2020 at 9:33 am

Not heard of that one J. Knew Bluecoat, and I was artist in residence at the Walker many moons ago. ! 🤣 I don’t live near a major city now – Beautiful inspirational scenery/coast to paint but bit culturally sparce! x no galleries for anyone for a month.🤦🏼‍♀️😜😕

• Peter C 6th November 2020 at 2:45 pm

The Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid in February – with a friend who happens to have an Art History degree. Thoroughly recommend it – particularly as the Prado has massive tourist queues all day every day. This art gallery is not far from the Prado and has stacks of well-known and lesser known artwork in chronological order. Busy but accessible.

• Hils 7th November 2020 at 10:33 am

Hi, last physical gallery was Cartwright Hall in Bradford but visit the National Gallery online weekly. Keeps me somewhat sane.

• EastAndrew 7th November 2020 at 8:41 pm

Tate Modern

• Stuart60 8th November 2020 at 6:26 pm

National Portrait Gallery and a visit to a small gallery up the road form the National featuring work by Hazel Soan.

• ginakass 9th December 2020 at 5:19 pm

Hi Millie, I’ve just joined rest less. I feel the same, I’m so desperate to get on a train and go to galleries. In the autumn I went to see an exhibition at The Mall Gallery and it was such a treat. I actually moved here 3 weeks before lockdown so that I could do these things more easily, and it’s been taken away. Another year almost gone. I really hope that one day soon to be free again. Gina

• Deleted User 14th December 2020 at 9:42 pm

Miss the Yorkshire sculpture Park. Amazing place and distinguished artists exhibit there. Hepworth is another great place. But can only get my fix from the local 20/21 art centre in scunthorpe at mo.

• Millie 15th December 2020 at 8:53 am

Art centre good? Ashamedly Not been to yorkshire Park or Hepworth yet even before this year! I saw great open exhibition at Scarborough gallery on line – top class. Loads of places I want to go to /see next year – Margate t emin gallery? Farleys farmhouse – home of surrealism – I love Lee Miller and home of Bloomsbury group – Charleston. All miles and miles away from me but a trip to look forward to. Keep smiling .Millie x

• Deleted User 15th December 2020 at 8:57 am

20/21 is only small but does exhibit a, variety of artists but limited by space. Thanks for further suggestions. More to discover

• Deleted User 15th December 2020 at 12:16 pm

Now that FACT Liverpool has re-opened i’m looking forward to going to this sometime soon.
      https://www.fact.co.uk/event/and-say-the-animal-responded

Also looking forward to when Manchester Art Gallery re-opens to see Grayson Perry’s Art Club exhibition. I loved the tv show and the recent one on Channel 4 showing the exhibition being set up. Looks fab.

• Lynn57 17th December 2020 at 2:16 pm

The North East Art Collective in Eldon Square Newcastle. I love to buy art work from local artists. I bought a wonderful sculpture made from odds and ends of a war horse. Amazing what the artist did with folks, spark plugs, spanner and industrial waste metal.

• Maximus1V 17th December 2020 at 6:37 pm

Reijksmuseum, I am a painter and will have one my paintings hung there later this year it’s a great honour

• Dave J 17th December 2020 at 7:27 pm

Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Seems an eternity ago.

• SoniaB 30th December 2020 at 11:24 am

I went to the Walker just before Christmas mainly for the Linda McCartney exhibition, but also because it’s one of my favourite places in my world.

• Acinorev 3rd January 2021 at 3:03 pm

Hi Millie I love Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. I volunteer at one of their sites in Birmingham and highly recommend this – well when we are not all confined to barracks lol! Have you tried online virtual tours of the worlds museums online? Just Google “Virtual museum tours online’ I like the free ones 🙂 of course, of which there are loads. I like the Rijksmuseum one. Happy touring!

Add