Home Forums Jobs & Careers Hello , just sign up minutes ago, anyone in the sa...

Precy Posted 10 months ago
Hello , just sign up minutes ago, anyone in the same stage of thinking of career change after redundancy? Struggling to find a new job at 50+?
3 likes & 11 replies
    • LeighS 10th September 2021 at 8:29 pm

Hello Precy, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

You might also be interest in the jobs section on the main site:

https://restless.co.uk/jobs/

Can I also suggest that as you don’t have a profile picture, you might want to consider uploading one. It has been observed that profiles with pictures do get more responses.

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Helena1 12th September 2021 at 2:33 am

Yes me

• Shazzeroo 12th September 2021 at 9:56 am

Hi Percy, I recently signed up. I am also 50+ and have recently reduced my hours at work. My choice it was too hard. I would just like something maybe 1 day a week, either voluntary or paid. I have agree it’s not easy

• Precy 12th September 2021 at 10:10 pm

Hi Shazzeroo, not easy but if you can afford 1 day a week, that would be great . Me, I still need to work full time and the last 18 months pandemic made it worst to bounce back to employment.

• Alan – Discover Career Coaching 12th September 2021 at 11:35 am

I’m sure you’ll find lots of people on this forum thinking the same as you. There are also lots of useful resources on this site to help you address your position. Take a look around and see what you think.

• Precy 12th September 2021 at 10:19 pm

I did consider career change after being made redundant. I enrolled in IAG course , got qualified but was not able to put this into practice due to lockdown.

• Crafter Sam 12th September 2021 at 7:39 pm

I’ve just turned 52. I was made redundant in 2019 after nearly 33 years in the same organisation & then did a years contract in another company after a 10 month break which then finished Feb this year. I haven’t really looked until late last week but had signed up to Indeed to look for local part time jobs as I really don’t want a full time one. There are lots out there depending on what you’re after. I applied online Friday night for something & received an email Saturday morning inviting me to an interview tomorrow.

• goldfish63 12th September 2021 at 8:02 pm

What jobs have you done and what job did you get made redundant from?

• Precy 12th September 2021 at 11:32 pm

I worked in accounting and finance for almost 12 years in an international bank in London , made redundant late 2019.
      I consider career change and got qualification in AIG but was not able to put this into practice due to pandemic followed by lockdowns . I tried work from home , HMRC contingency staff during lockdown via agency but has now ended. Now I’m back to job hunting and it’s not easy for a woman in 50s. There is always bias, discrimination, etc. etc. Some agencies and companies are cruel. What they say is not actually what they implement.
      The law is just a joke , meaning don’t take it seriously as they have their own rules.

Add