Home Forums Local Groups England Essex Hello, just joined!

Deleted User Posted 1 year ago
Hello, just joined!

Morning all and Happy New Year. I’m new to this and just joined. I’m a 53 year old woman who lives near Colchester. I have 2 sons in their 20s. I am a single parent and have a 12yr old dog. I’m here for friendship and general chit chat. At the moment I’m not working – I sold my house and gave up work to be nearer my elderly mother. I have just bought a static caravan and am renting it out for holiday lets – see this link: https://www.facebook.com/merseaheaven
Hope everyone is coping with the lockdown. Stay safe and remember to stay connected.

2 likes & 5 replies
    • Deedee-1966 9th January 2021 at 10:10 am

Hi I have just joined too and looking for the same. I have a 14yrs old cocker spaniel. I am not working but dont live near my parents. I have just said goodbye to my son Ben who is off to Cyprus with the army today and not sure when we will be able to see him again and also have my daughter Rachel who lives in Doncaster with her partner. My parents all live in the North East where I grew up but haven’t lived there for 20yrs. It is very hard not having that face to face contact we all crave but i’m getting through it with the support of my amazing husband. Hope you are well and your mother is too. If you ever need to chat about anything I am here. We will get through this and things will get better for us all. Just need to stay positive and healthy. Hopefully speak soon

• anitaburnett 9th January 2021 at 6:46 pm

Hello Jules I also live near Colchester have been widowed 30 years, I have one daughter and two sons. I am furloughed from work at moment. Sewing scrubs and masks and painting to stay sane 😊😊

• Deleted User 11th January 2021 at 8:03 am

Hi, I have also just joined. We have a static caravan on Mersea Island, we are at Fen Farm. We love Mersea but because of Covid we only managed a week’s stay. We really miss our time on Mersea. We have a 6 year old Border Collie and she loves the freedom and walks on Mersea Island. Here is hoping that 2021 is better. Take care.

• Deleted User 11th January 2021 at 8:13 am

Hi – I too have a static on Coopers and have a 12yr old Border Collie!
        I only bought my ‘Van’ this year, so am still waiting for bookings! Do you rent yours out? If you ever hear of friends/family etc that want to rent one out on Mersea, please let me know!

• Deleted User 11th January 2021 at 1:20 pm

No we are not allowed to rent ours out. We are really looking forward to getting back to Mersea. We also miss eating out at The Fox in West. Take care and stay safe x

Add