Home Forums New Member Introductions Hello. I’m David from Leigh on Sea. Took ear...

Davidcat Posted 3 months ago
Hello. I’m David from Leigh on Sea. Took early retirement in November 2020 as I broke my back. 90% recovered now and back in the gym playing volleyball and badminton. Live alone and just been diagnosed with cancer. Feeling anxious at the moment. Someone suggested this site so I thought I’d try it.
3 likes & 5 replies
    • SH 11th May 2022 at 1:58 pm

Hi David, welcome to the RL community, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery from your back injury. Stay positive (not always easy I know) about the future and enjoy every moment, surround yourself with good friends and nice people. I also retired early, fed up with the office politics etc. and still trying to find/make structure to my days but lovingly just seeing what the day brings. Lots of general conversations on this site so feel free to jump on in there.

• LeighS 11th May 2022 at 3:34 pm

Hello David, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

Can I also suggest that as you don’t have a profile picture, you might want to consider uploading one. That is if you feel comfortable doing so. The reason why we suggest uploading a picture is because it has been observed that profiles with pictures do get more responses.

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Liffy 12th May 2022 at 11:52 am

glad that you have opened up. Life can through up rough times.
      I’m sure you anxious and living alone is not what any of us really planned
      enjoy each day whatever it brings

• Bryony 12th May 2022 at 12:15 pm

Hello and welcome David. I’m always free for a chat. I am retired but remain busy I have my dogs and live rural so plenty going on.
      Take care feel free to chat you are not alone

• NannaG 12th May 2022 at 6:06 pm

Hello David
      Welcome to RL , it is good that you have recovered from your back problem , but sad that you now have another health issue .
      A very good friend of mine whom I’ve known for alot of years was just recently diagnosed with cancer .
      She has remained very positive , gets on with all her day to day hobbies , surrounds herself with lovely family and friends and wants to enjoy her life in the best way possible , there will be good and bad days of course , but doing things you love and keeping active all have a positive affect on your body , keep going and we are all here if in need of a chat or let off steam , like Bryony says your not alone 👍😊

Add