Home Forums New Member Introductions Hello everyone, my name is Julie, i am not long re...

Juliex Posted 5 months ago
Hello everyone, my name is Julie, i am not long retired, it came a bit early as i broke my arm, not used too it yet,
3 likes & 6 replies
    • StevieV 29th December 2021 at 8:49 am

Hi Julie, welcome to this community – I retired in 2020 just as the first lockdown was announced so retirement turned out completely different to everything I had planned. However, I love having the time to do the things I really like, so with a bit of luck, once your arm has healed, you’ll have a similar experience.
      Good luck!
      Steve

• Bryony 29th December 2021 at 9:41 am

Hi Julie I don’t think a lot of people planned their retirement it just came for different reasons with this pandemic, but you manage to go with it. I hope your arm heals soon and you enjoy your retirement.

• Gw 29th December 2021 at 10:16 am

Hi Julie. I was made redundant at the end of 2020 as work dried up due to the pandemic. I had been working from home which I found very isolating. Now I can stay in bed, go out, watch tv all day, go to the cinema – whatever I chose… the best thing is no work stress… just stress from other things. I’m still not used to not working. I wake and think oh, it’s Sunday, I don’t have to get up…when really it’s a Tuesday or a Friday and I think what am I going to do today? On the positive side when I think of somewhere to go I love my life. I have lots of coffees out…not always, but most of the time on my own. Getting old isn’t much fun so do as much as you can while you can.

• Paul095 29th December 2021 at 10:31 am

Time for yourself enjoy

• LeighS 29th December 2021 at 6:42 pm

Hello Julie, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community and best wishes for the New Year.

• 650cc dominator 2 29th December 2021 at 11:09 pm

Hi there. Welcome to this friendly community. You don’t say what general area you are based. I’m in east london/essex border. Retired engineer but still but still very active working on motorcycles. Cars. Boats. Model engineering.

Add