Home Forums Travel Quick survey peeps. I organise retreats worldwide....

FlorenceA Posted 12 months ago
Quick survey peeps. I organise retreats worldwide. This year I am organising within the Uk as we have so much beauty on our doorstep. Doing some research to better tailor my retreats I’d love your help. 1) What kind of activities would you like to be offered ? Yoga/ Meditation/ Walking…..read on.

All suggestions welcome as well. Many thanks.

1) What kind of activities would you like to be offered ? Yoga/ Meditation/ Walking/ Wild swimming/ Bike riding/ Craft making workshops/ Drawing/ painting workshops ?

2) Would you expect a hotel room or are you happy glamping ?

3) Would you consider sharing your room with a friend or someone of the same sex ?

4) Would you be happy with a mixed group ? Same number of men and women or would you prefer a single sex group ?

5) If driving to the retreat, would you be happy to car share for petrol money ?

6) Would you be happy with vegan or vegetarian meals ?

Many many thanks for your time and suggestions.

Stay safe.

Florence.

13 likes & 37 replies
    • AdrianSF 10th June 2021 at 10:55 am

What about horse riding/pony trekking ?

• Mav 10th June 2021 at 11:39 am

Boot camp. Been sitting around rather too much this last year!

• apn1179 10th June 2021 at 1:32 pm

Yoga meditation craft workshops, don’t mind accommodation as long as it’s warm don’t mind sharing but I am a restless sleeper awake really early too. don’t mind single or mixed sex group as long as strictly platonic rules apply.

• karsteele 10th June 2021 at 1:38 pm

Sounds good, I’ve decided home based holidays for a while.
      1. wild swimming, drawing/painting, yoga
      2. Either.
      3. Would consider.
      4. Definitely prefer a mixed group.
      5. Yes or vice versa.
      6. No.
      Sounds like fun. Look forward to hearing more. I am based outside London.

• mandyloo12 10th June 2021 at 11:22 pm

I would love to hear more. Im up for yoga, meditation, crafting, nature. Dont mind mixed groups. Would like to stay somewhere comfy n warm., 🌞💖

• FlorenceA 11th June 2021 at 12:12 pm

We all dream of foreign shores but it’s looking very unlikely this year. 2021 will be the year we discover or re discover the Uk !!

• Strot62 11th June 2021 at 3:31 pm

Hi Florence. Would be very interested in any activity/staycation. Just to mention I am minimally physically challenged. But have a have a go attitude. 🌞

• Daisyroots 11th June 2021 at 4:14 pm

How about adding foraging or a drum workshop too.

Would be happy with either accommodation providing it was warm and had easy access to bathroom facilities.

Happy to share accommodation and car

Happy with all female or mixed groups.

Vegetarian diet fine with me but due to food issues maybe access to a kitchen so I’m able to prepare safe food.

• LondonLass 6th July 2021 at 8:22 am

Sounds amazing! Wouldn’t mind sharing a room, easy on whether mixed or single sex group, and happy with veggie food. Happy with basic room or glamping. Car-share sounds good. Re. activities: Meditation (without yoga), Walking, Wild swimming, Cycling, and Writing – in fact, as I teach Creative Writing, I could run some workshops if that would be of interest?

• Forestbather 6th July 2021 at 8:30 am

Hi. What an exciting job you have!!
      1. Outdoorsy stuff. I’m creative, but not very patient so would rather be active.
      2. The wilder the better for me. Anything too fancy makes me anxious.
      3. Sharing is great. Not precious about sharing with a fella.
      4. Mixed groups. Single sex groups always feel weird to me.
      5. Car sharing – environmental/cost/blame the others if you get lost. Lol.
      6. I’m veggie, so either suits me.

• Deleted User 6th July 2021 at 8:09 pm

1. Yoga , Walking
      2. Glamping better
      3. Yes
      4. Mixed is ok
      5. Car sharing would be good for me I don’t drive !
      6. Possibly but must confess I like meat

• Mav 15th July 2021 at 3:16 pm

Craft, wild swimming, walking, yoga. Single room, I snore!

• Gen 15th July 2021 at 4:00 pm

Hi florence
      A retreat sounds fab I have never tried meditation but would like to try, yoga I could do some but I have had a knee replacement and have some nerve damage so as long as I dont have to kneel I’ll be up for trying that too . Dont mind mixed groups , staying somewhere warm & clean , look forward to seeing what u come up with thankyou .

• JennyLynn 25th July 2021 at 9:29 pm

Retreat in the sunshine would be heavenly. Please keep me posted 😊

• FlorenceA 26th July 2021 at 10:42 pm

You are so right. Hopefully next year travel abroad will be much easier and retreats in exotic locations back on the menu.

• Opalwiz 25th July 2021 at 9:38 pm

I’d love something spiritual … meditation would be great also … I don’t mind sharing a room but am told I am a snorer !🤣 firstly I’d rather test the waters in the Uk and would rather a hotel room … the more stars the better … maybe the odd cookery lesson … I have slight arthritis in the spine so couldn’t run a marathon 🤣but am willing to do moderate exercise … I love old buildings that have a history and maybe a book club on tour🤣 must have wine incorporated in there somewhere or the odd g & t!

• Aquaman01 25th July 2021 at 9:44 pm

walking in Devons moors coast paths

• Amiga 25th July 2021 at 9:47 pm

I’ll be so happy with meditation workshop! 😊

• JennyLynn 27th July 2021 at 12:27 am

I’d like to try a meditation Workshop too

• Chris Frederick MHFA 28th July 2021 at 8:53 am

Found this the other day and really fancy it ;)))) https://monkforamonth.com/

• alka763 7th August 2021 at 1:23 pm

Meditation, Walks and swimming in natural lakes.
      Also need at least 4 bed room villa or self catering apartment for 9 adults.
      Any where like Lake District, Peak District, Bournemouth or any other suggestions are most welcomed.

• Aidy 12th August 2021 at 8:02 am

Hi Florence.
      I teach laughter yoga, am an energy healer, also facilitate guided visual meditation.
      I’m happy with mixed accommodation as long as it is warm.
      Not strictly veggie but happy to go with veg/ vegan choices.
      I do not drive so car share and expenses sounds perfect.
      I would actually prefer a mixed group as I feel it balances the dynamic better.
      Good luck keep us posted.
      Happy to help out if needed!
      Aidy.

• BernSawle 26th August 2021 at 9:50 pm

Hi Florence .answers in order? meditation/walking craftwork drawing
      2 glamping is fine . (do we get a hot tub ?)
      3 happy to share .
      4happy with mixed group
      5 car share is not a problem.
      6I will eat anything (that is not loaded with sugar asI am type 2 diabetic
      hope to hear from you soon good luck ,stay safe Bern

• Linde 26th August 2021 at 11:09 pm

Hello, Florence, what a lot of brilliant suggestions you have had! I am unfortunately not well enough at present, but would like to pipe up, just the same! Mixed groups are better, I have no car but would share expenses with others, hotel room probably at my age, veggie diet just perfect, that’s what we have been eating over the last 30 years!
      Activities: crafts of all kind, including weaving workshops, pottery, bead work etc. One thing missing was a musical group, either percussion, where everyone just finds an instrument he would like, or small groups of singing folk songs, making up our own tunes, the list is endless. It sounds tremendously exciting, and I wish you well with all the organisation of it! Regards, Linde.

• Countrywalker 29th August 2021 at 10:06 am

For me:

1) Walking (or Hiking), Wild swimming, Bike riding/ Drawing/ painting workshops/ photography/ Canoing or kayaking/ surfing (or body boarding)

2) Glamping fine

3) Prefer not to share room (I sometimes don’t sleep well and worrying about disturbing someone else would be stressfull)

4) Mixed group

5) Happy to car share for petrol money (or would use public transport if possible)

6) Happy with vegetarian meals

• Nelle96 29th August 2021 at 11:05 am

1) Pilates, meditation, walking, horse riding, new skills

2) Glamping as long as comfortable bed, warm and easy access to bathroom

3) Absolutely not – part of a retreat for me would be to relax when you want to. I think privacy is vital.

4) Yep

5) Prefer to go alone so I’m in control of when I arrive and leave

6) Yes

• Flowerful 29th August 2021 at 3:45 pm

Hi Florence
      Here goes with my thoughts;
      All suggestions sound good to me, I would happily dip in to all of them.
      There are some fab glamping pods available so again either option would be good.
      I would like my own space due to being up and down to the loo in the night and possibly snoring so could drive someone else bonkers!
      Happy in a mixed group
      Happy to share travelling and petrol money
      There are some great vegan and veggie options so happy to try any of them
      Hope this helps a little
      Carlyn

• Stewmon 31st August 2021 at 1:36 pm

I am definitely interested in yoga/meditation retreats, what areas of the country are you thinking of?
      Stew 😊

• Michael Bennett 31st August 2021 at 9:00 pm

1) What kind of activities would you like to be offered ? Yoga/ Meditation/ Walking/ Wild swimming/ Bike riding/ Craft making workshops/ Drawing/ painting workshops ? I’d try any but personally I’m not good at drawing and painting. Best if all the options are there and people then choose which activities they want to participate in.

2) Would you expect a hotel room or are you happy glamping ? Hotel room please. Always prefer to have my own space at the end of the day.

3) Would you consider sharing your room with a friend or someone of the same sex ? Rather not. And I snore! 🙂

4) Would you be happy with a mixed group ? Same number of men and women or would you prefer a single sex group ? Mixed group is better.

5) If driving to the retreat, would you be happy to car share for petrol money ? I wouldn’t but others might. Make it known it’s an option.

6) Would you be happy with vegan or vegetarian meals ? I can eat veggie but why not just offer a choice rather than impose one.

• SouthernSoftie 31st August 2021 at 9:15 pm

HI Florence
      I normally go on a weeks yoga holiday overseas with a friend. But have done a few in the UK too and could be interested.
      Meditation, sound bath, walking, treatments
      Mixed group
      I am not vegetarian but happy to stick to that on a retreat.
      Hotel and would share with friend or single room if on my own.
      I drive and open to car share

• Seaquinn 1st September 2021 at 6:15 am

Hi Florence

This all sounds great – activities to try for me would have to be back to nature- natural crafting, surviving natural camping, a couple of weeks with Ray Mears in the wild 😜 , building a strawbale – adobe- recycled material house, in fact anything back to nature – however I’m a bit out there and I’d probably settle for crafting, orienteering, cooking courses- not good at yoga or relaxing !

Mixed groups are great and car share as long as I was the driver ( too many traumatic experiences as a passenger) – sleeping – I would prefer privacy and my own bathroom facilities as I snore and get up to the bathroom in the night

Will follow for updates!

Add