Home Forums General Have you ever received a present that you hadn’t...

Deleted User Posted 8 months ago
Have you ever received a present that you hadn’t asked for but subsequently loved it?

When I was 10 I received a battered acoustic guitar wrapped in a bin bag. I felt so disappointed as I had no desire to play guitar at that time. For my birthday I was given an Ulf Goran guitar tutor book for children and from there I fell in love with that guitar! I still have it today and can’t part with it!

5 likes & 6 replies
    • vaughanpauline 13th December 2021 at 8:39 pm

Alexa arrived on my doorstep last Christmas.

I thought why?

But after a difficult installation I wouldny be without her.

Infact I have also adopted her smaller sister, Dot who lives in the kitchen

• Deleted User 13th December 2021 at 11:37 pm

Ha ha. Nice one Pauline. Do you find she ignores you at times? That Dot’s an insistent lady because she also came calling at my door! My son and husband have adopted her! 🤷‍♀️

• vaughanpauline 13th December 2021 at 11:56 pm

Original Alexia does not ignore me she is dependable and a good worker.

Dot however, like many smaller siblings, can pretend not to hear me at times. I live in the hope that she will realise that this behaviour is not acceptable.

• hy.kyla 19th December 2021 at 8:02 pm

Alexa told me not to take that tone with her. When I got a bit frustrated with her. She also told me I don’t have a son when I asked her to call my son. Haahahaa and she likes to hold conversations in the middle of the night and I think I’m being burgled. So scary. I delight in turning her off now.😂

• TmonT 13th December 2021 at 10:57 pm

Yes I used to give both my daughters a hard time when they were teenagers about their I phones When my Motorola broke they bought me one I would be lost without it Ps I have since apologised to both daughters about the grief I used to give them 😬

• Deleted User 13th December 2021 at 11:47 pm

Do you think that they had a hand in the breaking of the Motorola so that they weren’t embarrassed when you used your new mobile in public? Although only 55, I’ve seen things that I grew up with on display in a museum (beta max video players!!) 😱

Add