Home Forums Book Club Has anyone read ‘The Thursday Murder Club...

Lizzi-Beth Posted 3 months ago
Has anyone read ‘The Thursday Murder Club’ by Richard Osman? What did you think of it?
2 likes & 14 replies
    • Steve in Kent 11th November 2021 at 7:45 pm

It was ok, a gentle tale keeping you guessing most of the time

• Shell69 11th November 2021 at 7:49 pm

Not yet but I’ve heard good reviews about it.

• Daisy 1212 11th November 2021 at 8:39 pm

I have and thoroughly enjoyed it 😊

• PattyG 11th November 2021 at 9:58 pm

I enjoyed it. It has some really funny pieces in it. Kept me guessing to the end.

• Lizy 12th November 2021 at 8:12 am

Hi, I have read it and loved it. I have now read The Man Who Died Twice, the follow up book, it is just as good. They are both easy reads, perfect to make you smile!

• Gary K 12th November 2021 at 11:59 am

I thought it was mediocre and would not have made it off a submissions pile if it had been written by a debut/unknown author.

• Nan Smith 14th November 2021 at 7:02 am

You are so right. I know many amateur writers and some of them have written great books which have not made it off the slush pile.

• Mandy R 12th November 2021 at 1:41 pm

I was given it for my birthday in January, I think! It’s still sat next to my bed, on the pile of other books that I have read the first chapter of… lol!! Does that count! I feel like I need to read it now… 🤔

• AEB 12th November 2021 at 3:20 pm

A light gentle read – don’t think it deserved all the praise it received

• Englishman 12th November 2021 at 3:52 pm

Yes. An enjoyable light read. Worth the time it took. Not too taxing 🙂

• Nickelus 13th November 2021 at 7:03 pm

It’s an easy read, pleasant, funny but not too challenging. If it had been written by an unknown author I doubt it would have sold a tenth of what it ha

• HMC123 14th November 2021 at 7:39 am

A cozy, easy read that kept me guessing till the end. In the same bracket as The Marlow Murder Club, which is also about a pensioner solving a murder (written by the author of Death In Paradise). I would recommend both if you like your murders light and entertaining.

• Davidjh 14th November 2021 at 9:04 am

Hello Lizzi-Beth , read it when published it’s a great read kept me guessing till the end and still not get the murderer . It’s really well written and a page turner the characters are just like those you would see in a residential home , and like all of us over a certain age full of hopes and dreams , tinged with regrets and pain .

Enjoy the book am buying the second book as Christmas present for self

• Emms 14th November 2021 at 9:56 am

Perhaps I should add it to my pile of “to read ” books.

Add