Home Forums Women’s Health Had your vaccine?

ammbs Posted 1 year ago
Had your vaccine?

I had the 1st dose of the vaccine yesterday.
Just a little painful arm since the early morning. Early days but fingers crossed all will be well.

9 likes & 45 replies
    • Caroline0359 25th February 2021 at 9:51 pm

Had mine 28th jan . Exhausted for 5 days . Took me anotherv5 to feel normal.

• ammbs 26th February 2021 at 9:26 am

I didn’t know it comes with tiredness. Glad to know!

• Caroline0359 26th February 2021 at 9:33 am

One of SIde effects is fatigue .

I had covid last March research has shown you are a third more likely to get side effects if you have had illness.also a lot of younger people 65 and below seem to be getting more side effects that the older person especially with oxford vac . So one of my GP colleagues told me recently. Also reported on the Zoe app.

Most people are fine but there will be a percentage who are not great after it.

It does pass . I’m just hoping I’m not as bad after 2nd one.

• loislane 26th February 2021 at 1:38 pm

Hope you are feeling better, nothing worse than not having optimum health. It’s quite worrying.

• loislane 25th February 2021 at 10:22 pm

Glad to hear it! Haven’t been called yet, I’ve been shielding since last march 🙂

• ammbs 26th February 2021 at 9:28 am

Wow, that’s long. Hope you haven’t got long to wait now 🤞🏼

• loislane 26th February 2021 at 1:28 pm

It is a long time, it was my doctor who rang me up and told me to shield but I wasn’t put on a list. I reckon it will still be April or May. I’m at risk because of respiratory issues, prone to pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma and hypothyroidism, apart from that I’m sound,😁

• Caroline0359 26th February 2021 at 9:34 am

Have you questioned that ?

• loislane 26th February 2021 at 1:30 pm

I have actually, I need blood tests done as I have regular check ups, and my asthma check has to be done by phone….I was told I’d be invited by letter, that was it.

• Betsy 26th February 2021 at 12:34 pm

Yes I too have had my first dose of the vaccine a week ago, and have had no after effects except a sore arm for a bit. It gives us all hope for the future and I pray others who are a bit fearful will put their fears aside as no one wants to die from covid!

• loislane 26th February 2021 at 1:35 pm

True, having had double pneumonia twice, last time 2017, I was fearful I wasn’t coming out of hospital then. It’s had a knock on effect since then. The recovery can be up to a year or more. I’ve never felt well since then as it tipped my thyroid over so now on tablets for life. Covid is much more than that, which is why I followed the guidelines and was livid at the ignorance of thousands who decided it was a scam.

• Dutch Sonja 27th February 2021 at 7:40 am

I had mine the 25th of February. I have just been feeling pig tired which is very unusual for me. Plus I have a headache. Hopefully it is not going to last long. It is worth it to feel protected for the summer of 2021.

• Grenouille 28th February 2021 at 9:27 am

Had mine a week ago, reacted pretty badly: two days of sharp pains / muscle spasms and fever, then body felt very sore for another couple of days. Very tired all week but now on the mend. Everyone reacts differently. Some with headaches. Some with hardly any effects. Most are very tired.
      It was not a walk on the park but it was just a few days, that is the good news. Not sure how my body will react to the second jab, but it is worth it if it is going to protect me and others.

• Lady K 28th February 2021 at 9:30 am

Hi….Not yet!. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

• Carol.L 2nd March 2021 at 9:39 am

I had the Pfizer one a month ago, was dreading it as I have a real needle phobia but I honestly hardly felt it and had noe reaction at all! Second dose April 17 so feeling more hopeful about getting out properly again and feeling protected.

• Deleted User 16th March 2021 at 5:42 pm

I used to be needle phobic, still looked away but didn’t feel a thing. if only I could say the same about blood tests…………..

• loislane 20th April 2021 at 6:22 pm

How are you Carol after your second jab?

• Marica 20th April 2021 at 7:27 pm

I booked my second jab for 26th April , Carol so we have similar timing. But I have made sure I have nothing booked for 2 days after just in case! I felt a bity rough after the first one but nothing awful, just a 36 hour of covid feelings without the temperature , it was bearable

• Jayy12 2nd March 2021 at 10:23 am

Had mine almost one month ago. Have felt more tired than usual but that may due to something else.

• Sandyg 9th March 2021 at 3:27 am

Had mine 3 weeks ago today, as a Care Worker, no after effects felt at all, but the temp. gauge at work registered me with an abnormally high temperature- 37.9, however I’d taken a lateral flow test same night, which was negative, so we knew it was only a response to the vax.and later in night I found it had dropped again to 37.5, still high for me as im usually 36.5,- that nightshift was the following night, not same night as the jab.

• Yvonne marie 14th March 2021 at 3:35 am

Arm still heavy had it three weeks ago and poorly for over as weelk

• Deleted User 14th March 2021 at 6:11 am

Yes thank you getting my second April 12th ten days before my 60th Birthday 🎂😊

• Jackie Ann 14th March 2021 at 11:54 am

I had the astra one on Friday 12th March arm just slightly stiff.. Never felt a thing

• Deleted User 16th March 2021 at 5:41 pm

had mine on sunday, felt out of sorts since and very tired.

• Caroline0359 18th April 2021 at 1:41 pm

Please to report had 2nd vaccine and have had no side effects at all. Thank goodness

• Deleted User 18th April 2021 at 11:04 pm

I’ve had my first one, haven’t got a date for the second one yet though. Felt quite poorly afterwards, but only for around 24 hours. You definitely feel much safer out and about having had the jab!

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 20th April 2021 at 9:15 am

I had my first, just a bit warm the following day. I just took paracetamol and switched from a jumper to a cotton tshirt. My 2nd one tomorrow!

• Deleted User 26th April 2021 at 6:26 pm

Yes, I had mine on 26th February so hopefully not too long until my second. I had a bad headache and painful joints after 24 hours, but 24 after that I was fine.

• The cake lady 27th April 2021 at 4:20 pm

Yes i’ve had both of mine. The second dose made feel really poorly but that was expected as I was still suffering from long covid after having Covid 19 just after christmas.

Add