Home Forums New Member Introductions Greetings fellow restlessers 😊. Currently on th...

JackyDandelion Posted 2 months ago
Greetings fellow restlessers 😊. Currently on the NE coast with a storm raging overhead. Happily single, tho could do with a man that can right now as my fence has blown down in the hurricane….puppy dogs escaping!
5 likes & 23 replies
    • 1Christy 27th November 2021 at 11:30 am

Welcome stay safe

• Cheers on toast 27th November 2021 at 11:32 am

Greetings, sounds bad up there I’ve been reading bad things about lots of damage in Hartlepool.

• Brummie Boy 28th November 2021 at 12:11 am

Hi Jacky, welcome to the group 👋 Stay safe up there.

• Paul095 28th November 2021 at 7:59 am

Love the coast I zip along there all the time, welcome

• Daisychain 28th November 2021 at 10:14 am

I was half expecting my fence to blow down but it’s still standing. The wind has gone now and instead there’s a sprinkling of snow. I love listening to a raging storm providing I’m safe and warm inside.

Living on the west coast of Ireland in the late 90s there were some crackers. The roaring sea could be heard from quite a distance. It was spectacular.

I feel for all those who’ve had their lives taken or put on hold because of storm damage. I dread the day when the power goes off and isn’t returned for sometime. We are so reliant now on single source energy to run our heating and cooking systems.

• JackyDandelion 28th November 2021 at 1:18 pm

It’s snowing here atm, just tied the fence to a tree with some ribbon ha!

I was a bit worried about the power going off so found torches and put batteries in the radio.

Irish ocean sounds fab, I can hear the roar even when the tides out.

• LeighS 28th November 2021 at 6:25 pm

Hello JackyDandelion, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

I hope the weather has settled down in your part of the world.

Keep safe and once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Dawn Lovejoy 4th December 2021 at 7:51 pm

Hi Jacky, North East winters can be challenging. Storms here too in Gosforth. Luckily no power cuts, some poor people in Northumberland have been without power for a week. Though it sounds like Saltburn was hit hard. Hope you’re doing well. Best wishes, Dawn

• Flufff 12th December 2021 at 8:49 pm

Yeah, weather was a bit crackers a couple of weeks ago. It’s keeping the fencer’s in work that’s for sure. The neighbour said the fella came out to inspect our fence & said he could not fix ’til the 28th Dec ! 🙂 Hope you get sorted.

• Flufff 16th December 2021 at 8:19 pm

That’s crazy. Hope you get a roofer before then.

Add