Home Forums Local Groups England Kent Good morning Kentish people & people of Kent a...

Good morning Kentish people & people of Kent and hello to anyone I haven’t met yet on Restless. Beautiful skies today on the north Kent coast – I feel a walk may be on the cards later. What about you?
6 likes & 14 replies
    • Pippa 31st January 2021 at 1:10 pm

So miss those walks but live in Medway so current rules don’t allow me to travel down but do walk to Rochester by the river snd to at Mary’s Island

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 31st January 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi Pippa

There are plenty who still do come down to Seasalter or Whitstable to walk along the sea front I can promise you that! I was walking a couple of weeks ago down by the sea, two men with dogs were chatting, one on a motorised scooter. As I passed I heard standing man say to sitting man ‘so you come from Rainham to walk your dog then?’. ‘Yes’ said sitting man.

I don’t walk by the sea front that often as there can be loads of people, I love zig zagging and weaving through the streets and alleyways.

• Jananne 31st January 2021 at 2:21 pm

Hi, I’m in SE. Kent and it’s miserable! Wouldn’t fancy a walk in this! Currently parked outside hospital as my niece wasn’t feeling well – not COVID! But it’s not very warm sitting here in the car!!! 🥶

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 31st January 2021 at 3:30 pm

It was bright this morning promise, but it is dull this afternoon. I know it was cold when I did go out though. You aren’t so far from me as I assume you are in Thanet just down the road from me at Whitstable.

I love your little dog in your picture!

• Ginny65 1st February 2021 at 10:10 am

I try to get out every day to walk no matter what the weather. I’ve found a few 3k and 5k loops to do around my local area once I leave the house and twice a week I run these loops too. However, as others have said, lots of people walking the country lanes and I’m finding I need to chose a time that is very early morning or late afternoon to avoid people. I want to protect myself but realise that a ‘breathy’ runner approaching is a concern to them too.
      I like the stillness of the surroundings, looking at the hedges and the sky. I know some people have their headphones on but I prefer to open my senses to the surroundings.

• Ginny65 14th February 2021 at 11:38 am

Hello. I’ve not been able to walk last few days as it’s far too icy and that’s quite annoying. I have really enjoyed a daily walk this lockdown. I did enjoy a couple of days walking in the snow after I spent an hour looking for my snow boots. We haven’t been skiing for a few years but I remembered that it had some decent grippy snow boots. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day for a walk as it will have thawed enough to be safe.

• suzanne 18th February 2021 at 6:11 pm

Hi Gill, it is wonderful to go out and get fresh air. The paths are all very muddy, a bit slippery too, lots of clay soil here, sucks your wellies off!

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 18th February 2021 at 6:53 pm

I agree. It is great to have fresh air and sunny days like this afternoon even when it’s cold. Across fields is not really an option. Our soil is is definitely very water logged after the melting snow. A few months time and the clay soil will have huge crevices as it dries out!!

Add