Home Forums Health Good morning, just wondered what healthy breakfast for these warm sultry days? Thanks.

Add comment

• Good morning, just wondered what healthy breakfast for these warm sultry days? Thanks.

Posted by prestonsal
Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Reply by dawnkane70

Mix porridge oats or muesli with cold milk and leave in fridge over night, follow or a yogurt before is a cool soothing breakfast which is also filling for the morning as oats are slow release carbohydrates.

• Reply by Jude

I’ve been on a well known diet plan for a good few months now, lost almost 2 stone  My favourite breakfast is 40g porridge oats made up with hot milk, topped with an apple, a pear and a healthy dollop of fat free set yogurt. Fills me right up for a busy morning.

• Reply by dahaward

An advocate on toast with a poached egg on top if filling

• Reply by joanna.bookgirl

The other morning we had no bread so I spread lashings of Philadelphia on rice cakes and sliced up juicy dried figs and chopped walnuts and drizzled a wee bit of honey then sprinkled a little finely chopped tender rosemary leaves.  It was gorgeous in the garden with a lovely flat white coffee.

• Reply by scott69sw

Hi, not sure if this is allowed or not but here is a link to a 28 day eating plan. https://glow-fit.co.uk/first-steps-plan/ it includes a different breakfast, lunch and dinner for each day of the plan. It normally costs £28 but if you use the code GLOWFSM it is free. Lots of choice and something for everyone

• Reply by lizjane2.es

Hi

If you’re not a vegetarian but might consider avoiding meat some days, try mashing up tofu, the firm Tofoo brand also has a smoked version..Either mash with a fork or try slices, dip in BBQ sauce? ..you can dry fry or use a oil spray for onion, pepper, mushroom, tomatoes fresh/ in oil, then add the mashed or sliced tofu. Stir and cook thru..have a fried or sliced boiled egg, toast, tortilla, sliced avocado.

It makes a protein rich meal, with saled, fried sliced potato..really anything..even baked beans!  It can be light for an early breakfast, add more ingredients for brunch…try different combinations…and enjoying yourself!

• Reply by sallyashford.glos

Good morning

I make my own Granola and have this with some Greek Yoghurt and raspberries. I also have a small glass of cranberry juice. I find this a refreshing start to a hot day. There are loads of recipes for home made Granola on the internet. At least you know what’s in it and it’s really satisfying making your own, delicious too.

Viewing 6 reply threads