Home Forums Gardening Gardening

Wilkinson Posted 6 months ago
Gardening

I’m a very keen gardener,but have no idea when to plant what. Can someone please advise whatI should be planting in Nov/Dec

Many thanks
Denise

3 likes & 16 replies
    • Sassysarah.007 18th November 2021 at 11:22 am

I planted some violas & pansies in November. They are still growing. Also some heather plants. On a gardening programme I heard that they said to plant hardy plants that survive the frost. I hope that helps you?

• Eddy49 19th November 2021 at 6:13 pm

Hi Denise,
      The Royal Horticulture Society web site should provide you with most of the advice you need. I use it frequently.

• EricaLovesFlowers 19th November 2021 at 9:44 pm

There is an amazing free gardening app called
      Candide. Lots of helpful articles, thousands of beautiful pictures of flowers and a bit of chat and some splendid advice.
      I love it!
      😊🌸

• Jayy12 19th November 2021 at 9:48 pm

I recently planted cineraria.. Silver coloured leaves. Also planted crocus and tulip bulbs

• Wilkinson 20th November 2021 at 9:57 am

Thanks for your reply, I normally leave my cross and tulip in the ground and they seam to come up each year,should I pull them up after flowering?

• Pennypitstop 20th November 2021 at 3:12 pm

No don;t pull them up cut off the dead flower and wait till the leaves have turned yellow befor trimming off, they are meant to come up every year and could also multiply.

• VivR 20th November 2021 at 8:18 am

Hi Denise, Between now and the end of december you can plant spring bulbs… bare root plants can go in in up till March, hardy plants growing in pots can be planted anytime as long as ground is not frozen, but then you wouldnt be able to dig a whole anyway 😄

• Wilkinson 20th November 2021 at 9:48 am

Thank you for this information,much appreciated

• Deleted User 20th November 2021 at 10:03 am

Very useful ; thanks!

• Digital Gorilla 20th November 2021 at 10:12 am

Trees and deciduous shrubs while dormant above ground are happily growing roots over winter ready to get started in the spring. Now is a good time to move them too. I also sow my wild flower meadow seeds this time of year. They need to over winter before they will germinate. That or put them in the fridge until March.

• Wilkinson 21st November 2021 at 9:38 am

thank you

Add