Home Forums General Funny or weird true stories

adeliza0165 Posted 1 year ago
Funny or weird true stories

Does anyone have any funny or weird true stories to share?
Recently I read that in India, people were covering themselves in poo because they believed that it would protect them from covid!!lol!

3 likes & 40 replies
    • Deleted User 11th June 2021 at 7:45 am

🤣🤣

• Fluffy 12th June 2021 at 9:58 am

i got lost in the lake district many years ago , so i stopped at a B & B in the middle of nowhere.
      The place was really old and creepy looking , and so was the owner.
      I jokingly said “i hope there’s no ghosts here”
      The owner replied “i’ve been here for 300 years and i’ve never seen one” !

• Fluffy 12th June 2021 at 11:02 am

weird things have always happened around me.

2 weeks after my mom died , a toy monkey in an astronaut suit that mom had bought me , jumped off the bookcase in my living room.

2 weeks after my dad died , his westminster chiming clock started striking in my spare room. it had not worked for years.

2 weeks after my 2nd wife passed away , the walk-in shower i’d had fitted for her that she never got to use , started switching itself on every hour.

• Deleted User 12th June 2021 at 11:17 am

No shit!

• CAAS 14th June 2021 at 10:31 pm

There was a Guy, who kept Koi Carp, in a pond in his back garden, a real State of the Art place, nothing and I mean nothing was to much trouble for his beloved koi. He was told to keep a look out, because a Heron had been spotted, fishing in other nearby ponds. He was advised to place a fake Heron on the edge of his pond, because if the real Heron saw this, it would avoid his pond, thinking the fake had claimed his pond as it’s territory. This the Chap did. However a few weeks later a Storm blew up and the howling wind blew down fences and up rooted young trees in his garden. Once things had died down, the Chap went out to look at the damage. All seemed saveable. Until he got to the Koi pond. There he found the wind had blown over the fake Heron, which in turn had speared and killed his prize Koi worth between £800 – £1000.

• Carol.L 14th June 2021 at 10:35 pm

Ouch!

• Marica 14th June 2021 at 10:46 pm

I hope he had insurance

• CAAS 14th June 2021 at 11:20 pm

I would have assumed so Marica,. The Guy who told me the story was the Guy who actually, Sold the Koi to the Chap, in the first place, but he didn’t say anything about insurance.

• adeliza0165 14th June 2021 at 11:02 pm

😳

• adeliza0165 14th June 2021 at 11:09 pm

That reminds me of one of my neighbours who had some koi karps and one day I heard him saying to a neighbour that one of them had disappeared and that it had cost him £400! I then discovered a dead koi karp in my garden!!😳 Wasn’t sure if it had managed to jump out of the pond or if a cat had caught it! I didn’t say anything incase he did something to my cat!

• Marica 14th June 2021 at 11:27 pm

Oh that is awkward! My ex husband used to keep koi but only got the cheap versions ( 😀 ) so they were not worth much but it can be big business

• Marica 14th June 2021 at 10:50 pm

About 2-3 months after my husband died, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep so I got a drink and read a magazine. Within a few minutes I could hear breathing. I thought it was a machine or something similar , but the noise was slightly irregular like real breathing. No one except me in the room at 3am! I kept looking over to a rail in my room but couldn’t see anything (though I have seen shadows before). After about 5 minutes , there was a deep sigh and the breathing just …stopped. I wish I had asked if it was my husband but unsure who it was!

• adeliza0165 14th June 2021 at 11:01 pm

Omg! Were you scared? Maybe he wanted to let you know that he was still there and thinking of you.

• Marica 14th June 2021 at 11:10 pm

I did wonder. Sometimes people who die are not ready to accept they have died. I was a bit fazed but not really scared as I try to accept things that happen . It has not happened since otherwise I would have made a joke about his heavy breathing !!

• CAAS 14th June 2021 at 11:54 pm

Marica’s story reminded me of something that happened years ago. My girlfriend at the time used to go and visit a dear Old Lady, who lived across the street from her and her family. And on many occasions I used to go with her. She used to treat my girlfriend like a Granddaughter. Any way the Old lady passed away at the Age of 93. It was a hard time for my girlfriend and it was a Sad sight seeing the old Lady’s house all dark and up for Sale. Anyway one evening I was walking my Girl home, when suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks, she went pale and pointed at the Old lady’s house “It’s Mrs Fairburn ( the old lady’s name)” I turned round, but all I saw was the house in darkness. “Where?” I asked
      “At the window, she just smiled at me and vanished” I grabbed my girlfriend, she was shaking. “It was her” she said. I didn’t see anything, but I really do believe my girlfriend did see the Old Lady.

• adeliza0165 15th June 2021 at 12:40 am

I’ve heard that sometimes when people pass, they will appear to certain people to channel a message over and maybe she wanted your girlfriend to know how much her visits meant to her and it was her way of saying thank you.

• CAAS 15th June 2021 at 10:26 am

I think at the time adeliza, I told my girlfriend, she was saying Goodbye and not to worry about her. And your explanation is also an excellent one.
          It’s also Strange (perhaps not the right word) that reading someone else’s story, can trigger a memory long forgotten, so thanks to Marica for her story and thankyou to you for asking the question in the first place.

• Fuff 15th June 2021 at 2:53 pm

Weird things used to happen when I first moved into a previous house. Pictures would fall off the wall and I’d sometimes find the phone off the hook. Stopped after a couple of months. One of my friends used to call it a ghost house 😂

• Kymo 17th June 2021 at 8:10 pm

Not surprised. Only hope this doesn’t cause another Indian variant !

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 9:28 pm

I was at a cleansing of a home with ‘ghosts’ -unhappy souls usually. The cleansing was through christian prayers – it worked. No recurrence.

• pam.k.forbes 18th June 2021 at 8:11 am

My mum had a lot of hallucinations as she got older. We had 3 ladies visit to see if they could get to the bottom of what was happening in our old house.
        The younger woman said she could hear a radio but the radio wasn’t on. She said it wasn’t music but a radio used to communicate that was making whistling noises. She pointed at a photo of dad as a young soldier and said is that your husband? He was a radio op in the Royal Signals!

• Winston Ingram 17th June 2021 at 10:49 pm

I was once abducted by aliens. That’s not the weird part, years later a man told me he had the same experience. What’s weird about that you ask? He told me where it happened. Now bearing in mind I hadn’t told him. It was the same place. Wild camping at Tallalinfoot in Scotland. Scary

• Deleted User 18th June 2021 at 7:34 am

The Green Goddess.
      My mark four Cortina was acquired through necessity, as the house I had moved into was not on an easy bus route.
      This car was boxy with a huge steering wheel and a long gear stick that rattled when moving. The choke was manual and the heater didn’t work. Though the worst bit was its colour. It was the same as a sixties bathroom suite. Yuk green.
      I loved that car. It got me around but had a mind of its own. I remember when I was due to go to an appointment that I was dreading, the car failed to start and I had to cancel. Then another time I found a cat that was injured. Normally the car would rattle and misfire, but this day it was quiet and seemed to purr, which was great because I didn’t have a cat box and just laid the moggy on the back seat. We got to the vets in good time and on the return trip, the car bucked and jumped like a rodeo bull. Then there was another time when I found some youths hanging around in the residents parking area. One of them was perched on the bonnet of my car. I asked them to go and this lad jumped down and stood there in defiance. Turning his back on me he put his hands on the bonnet.
      Now my car had sat in its spot all day without incident, but as if on cue she rolled forward. His knees felt the impact and he limped away without further fuss. I patted my car on the bonnet checked that the handbrake was still engaged and went back in the house.
      But the oddest incident involving the car had nothing to do with her performance. I had taken my new camera on a trip to the seaside. There were three of us. Me and my youngest son, with my best friend driving her more reliable motor. The day was glorious and I took a whole reel of film, all 24 exposures, and on the way back popped the film into a post box. This is how processing was done in the 1990’s.
      A week later the postman dropped the envelope with my developed film through the door. I was excited to see the finished results and tore open the packaging. There was my son happily digging in sand and more pictures of us eating ice cream and candy floss and riding on the merry-go-round. Then I saw a strange picture, one that didn’t belong in with the happy family photos of our day trip. The negative which was in the middle if the finished strip, showed skiers on a slope in the background and in front of them was my car, the Green Goddess deep in snow and parked under a road sign indicating Interlaken.
      I will not even try to explain this. You can draw your own conclusions.

• Deleted User 18th June 2021 at 5:30 pm

Thanks. I loved that car.

Add