Home Forums Local Groups England East Riding of Yorkshire Friendships

JosieSam Posted 4 months ago
Friendships

Hi there
I am 52 years old and along the way of this winding road of life I’ve realised that I have lost touch with all of my old friends, I’ve been so busy raising family and working etc that I never really had much time for myself. I work four days a week, plus ‘catch up’ on evenings and weekends so really don’t have a lot of spare time to be honest.. but I feel that I would love to have people to chat to again and to make new friendships and do more things to get me away from work!!

I’m married and have three children – two grown up (one at home and one at uni) and also have a child still at school but who is becoming more independent, so feel I need to start focusing on me now! I live near Hull / Hornsea / Beverley if anyone wants to chat it will be nice to hear from you 🙂

1 like & 7 replies
    • Lost in life 22nd September 2021 at 7:48 am

Good morning,
      I know where you are coming from it’s so easy to lose touch with friends when family and work keep you fully occupied for many years of life.

• JosieSam 27th October 2021 at 8:58 pm

Hi I’m sorry I never responded.. I really don’t know where the time goes!! Thank you for replying to my post, and I hope you are ok! 🙂

• GreginYorkshire 9th October 2021 at 6:03 am

Hi, I know how you feel. It’s easy for work to take over your life. Think of it as being on a bus, sometimes you need to get off for a while and enjoy time out.

• JosieSam 27th October 2021 at 9:00 pm

Hi there
        Yes this week I have ”got off the bus” as it’s half term!! I’m enjoying a bit of a break with my daughter – not gone anywhere but just nice not to be at work!! Hope you’re keeping well.

• GreginYorkshire 27th October 2021 at 9:23 pm

I’m doing ok thanks Josie Sam. My daughter, her partner and two granddaughters are recovering from covid, but all doing well thankfully. It’s good just to sit and relax at home too yes. I live Pocklington by the way, so another East Yorkie 🙂

• Sally Scarecrow 17th October 2021 at 12:27 pm

Good afternoon Josie Sam. Nice to meet you. I’m in Hessle. Would be nice to chat sometime x

Add