Home Forums Loneliness Friendship

Sadandlonely Posted 7 months ago
Friendship

Anyone in Truro looking for a friend to talk to. I am 71 go to gym classes, like walking, cycling, reading. Husband of 30 years just told me he is no longer in love with me and i have no friends locally

3 likes & 23 replies
    • RosieG 11th October 2021 at 8:32 am

I don’t live near you but I am sending you love and hope you’re ok x

• Speedy123 11th October 2021 at 9:19 am

hi , i am a long way from you but same happened to me 30 years on raised her four children all under 7yrs of age put 2 through university, really thought we were fine did not see it coming, just walked in said don’t want to be married to you anymore want to be single and move on with my life, and so that was that, suddenly living on my own was very hard to get used to, so i know what you going through, it gets easier ,but takes time, and hopefully you like me, will feel you are better off without the other half, believe in yourself ,remember you did no wrong and he is going to be the looser , now come on Smile at yourself every morning in the mirror, thoughts and love i send to you . Andrew

• Sadandlonely 11th October 2021 at 9:33 am

Thanks; you just made me cry it so so new and raw. How can I manage with just my pension? If we sell our house it would only fetch £200,000 and I couldn’t buy another for that, any suggestions?

• Speedy123 11th October 2021 at 12:14 pm

hi, i had to live with my ex for 15 months, she would not talk to me and was being pretty evil with the intention of driving me out, well it didn’t work, i told myself repeatedly i’ve done no wrong, helps one to stay sane and positive of the situation you find yourself in, i am 72 till next month lol. so we close in age, okie’s you are worried about future accommodation. get in touch with your council housing dept., and explain you may or will be needing sheltered accommodation and the circumstances you are in, i got a studio bungalow, which suits me for the moment. you mention living on your pension ,you get in touch with housing benefit at the council you will be entitled to assistance, and they would pay up to £100 pounds a week of private rented accommodation so please don’t worry about just act upon your rights , and of course a court could order your soon to be ex out of the property, but please talk to the council housing your age entitles you to shelter housing, or otherwise , tell them you could be made homeless they are very helpful and understanding . feel free to contact me if i can help or advise, i do voluntary driving for the elderly and disabled, that fills my time, that’s where i was after i spoke with you earlier ,perhaps some voluntary work and meeting people will work for you ,because it does for me .yours. Andrew

• Speedy123 11th October 2021 at 4:57 pm

i hope i have been of help. Andrew

• Deleted User 11th October 2021 at 9:47 am

I’m
      About twenty years too late. Moved to Bristol at the start of the new millennium. Hope you can find some nice local to meet up with.

• Sadandlonely 11th October 2021 at 12:18 pm

Thanks you look really nice. Have you found someone new?

• TmonT 11th October 2021 at 2:26 pm

Sorry don’t have any words of wisdom But how do you motivate yourself to go to gym I’ve been trying for years

• loislane 11th October 2021 at 3:07 pm

I was wondering that too, maybe ask people where a good cafe was, or simply ask if anyone else would like to go. I’m also a bit isolated where I am for friends of my own age…it’s daunting to get out there.

• Loveagoldie 11th October 2021 at 2:35 pm

Same happened to me a couple of months this ago. I’m younger than you but was married for 34 years.
      Finding it hard to be in the same house. I just hope and pray the house sells quickly when it goes on the market in a couple of weeks.
      Big hugs to you xx

• Sadandlonely 11th October 2021 at 3:02 pm

Fingers crossed for you. Will you have enough from the proceeds to buy another xx

• loislane 11th October 2021 at 3:05 pm

I know it’s devastating to find all that out.
      For your best interests, you could try to find other hobbies to join in order to make friends…are you in a book club? Cycling club? Walking club? I’m just wondering why you haven’t been able to make a few friendships unless you do it all on your own.
      It wouldn’t hurt to speak to your Doctor about this.
      Let’s see if we can help you to change a few things.

• Sadandlonely 11th October 2021 at 3:19 pm

Only belong to gym I will look for a walking club thank you

• Island Hopper 11th October 2021 at 5:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear your painful story. I know it is devastating. If you like animals, I would recommend getting a little dog. I find it so much easier to talk to people I meet when dog walking – it seems to come naturally. Wishing you all the best in the future – things will get better! xx

• Deleted User 12th October 2021 at 8:58 am

If your income is low, you maybe entitled to pension credits. Look it up on line.

• Island Hopper 12th October 2021 at 11:52 am

A dog really is “Man’s best friend”! xx

• Sadandlonely 12th October 2021 at 12:37 pm

Looking

• Michael Bennett 12th October 2021 at 4:30 pm

That is really sad to read. I’m lucky and have been with my wife for 34 years so can imagine how devastating this must be. I do wonder whether he will realise in time that the grass isn’t always greener. Love can be recreated if both parties realise they want it. In the meantime, do build a life with new friends and activities. You can keep them up whether or not he comes around.

• Sadandlonely 12th October 2021 at 4:39 pm

I am clinging on to the hope that he will want me again in time, although he says he wants his freedom to go out with his mate’s whenever he wants, I said he could but then he says he would feel guilty. Don’t know why he doesn’t feel guilty breaking my heart I really don’t know what I can do

Add