Home Forums General Fill your petrol tank today before people put this...

siandeve15 Posted 4 months ago
Fill your petrol tank today before people put this together.

Don’t want to start a panic.
But the price of crude oil reached $105 a barrel today which is the highest its ever been.
The longer this Russian war continues the higher the price of your petrol & diesel will be at the pumps and the more scarce it will become.
My advice is fill today before people put this together.
This is just the start of who knows what will do to our economy.

23 replies
    • Robert K 24th February 2022 at 2:41 pm

Being the first one to start a panic is never a good look.

• beetlejuice 24th February 2022 at 3:18 pm

oh the joys!

• Catwoman 24th February 2022 at 4:49 pm

I suggest no one panic buys again. The emergency services struggle enough as it is

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 8:30 pm

The emergency services are always front of the queue when it comes to fuel. (Any motors that are off the road/being mended are always filled up in anticipation of when they are back in service. Back in the day, we used to actually have our own fuel sources/pumps on station, needless to say everyone used to fill their cars, so it was done away with – But I’m talking 1970’s, times were different). There are govt contingency plans for 999 services, (and army and many others also, so we never went short, being able to get to the station was another matter, the ambulance service were a nightmare, as they considered us ‘off the road’ (unavailable) whilst we filled up – ie: with jobs stacked up, they were missing govt targets while we faffed about getting fuel (a bit essential really to run a bloody ambulance!) … Fear not, they’re covered!

• Staying Alive 24th February 2022 at 4:53 pm

I’ve just got my weekly shopping 🛒 and noticed that Big queues at the Tesco’s petrol station already.

No I didn’t bother to get any

• Always 24th February 2022 at 4:58 pm

Please don’t fill your petrol tank unless you need to! Some of us as front line workers rely on our vehicles to provide vital services to vulnerable people and by leaving us short of fuel through unnecessary panic buying you will be putting people at risk!!!

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 8:32 pm

Wow what trust do you work for? Have a look at their protocols and procedures. You should never be in that position…

Just wrote this in the above comment….

The emergency services are always front of the queue when it comes to fuel. (Any motors that are off the road/being mended are always filled up in anticipation of when they are back in service. Back in the day, we used to actually have our own fuel sources/pumps on station, needless to say everyone used to fill their cars, so it was done away with – But I’m talking 1970’s, times were different). There are govt contingency plans for 999 services, (and army and many others also, so we never went short, being able to get to the station was another matter, the ambulance service were a nightmare, as they considered us ‘off the road’ (unavailable) whilst we filled up – ie: with jobs stacked up, they were missing govt targets while we faffed about getting fuel (a bit essential really to run a bloody ambulance!) … Fear not, they’re covered!

• Always 24th February 2022 at 8:36 pm

Agreed and that’s great and essential but what about other front line workers such as those in child protection, domestic abuse support, teachers, etc

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 8:41 pm

Oh bless your soul …. Have you got an NHS ID badge? If there is a national crisis re fuel, unfortunately teachers are considered secondary (surplus) to requirements and not a ‘necessity’. There is a govt policy in place for emergency workers, (ie they can fill their cars to get to their station/post) although what you and I consider a life threatening circumstance is not always considered as such with the govt, so they really bring it back down tothe bone when it comes to ’emergency’ workers, sadly 🙁

• Always 24th February 2022 at 8:43 pm

As I work for the local authority not the nhs we (like teachers) are not considered essential. Try telling that to a scared child who needs support

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 9:05 pm

I hear you sweetie …. If it wasnt for my (old) uniform/status/rank etc there are many lives I would never have been able to change or influence. Now, looking back, as much as I currently abhor my ex employer, they served their purpose in giving me a ‘status’ to be listened to and heard – As an ex paramedic …police/fire/social workers/teachers and anyone who had influence would listen when I spoke, its such a shame that those (the above) aren’t given equal respect and due diligence.

(A story to make you laugh… Called to a school, 8yo female, non responsive – Arrive, she’s fine, GCS15. no eye contact, wont respond verbally, normally has full capacity…regular junior school…. I go through everything, father turns up, I take her to another room, …just in case she doesnt want to talk infront of him…2 hours, she wont talk, take her to A&E paeds… sometimes (most) we have to walk away and never know the outcome…) Mum was called she attends a&e immediately, along with every relative the child has ever had. Scans/ultrasound, usual BP/temp/pulse/O2 etc every 15 mins … Absolutely nothing can be found wrong with her… I actually get back there on another job 6 hours later, so dash into paeds to see how she is doing, I talk to the Dr’s..then I see her shining eyes, basking in the glory of the attention, she hugs me and thanks me …

Diagnosis: She tells the medical staff & me she had ‘dust’ in her ears!!!!

(Well aware thatmuch more was going on, unfortunately our healthcare treats ‘symptoms’ and not ’cause’ 🙁 …)

• beetlejuice 24th February 2022 at 8:55 pm

Grace, not necessary to repeat yourself.the website might be for people over 50 but most of us are on the ball intelligent people, I work for the nhs and i was never at anytime given priority over petrol.And when the stores were opening for first hour nhs staff only, i felt that guilty that i never bothered.

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 9:18 pm

Not trying to repeat myself, was just easier to copy and past, didnt want it to be misconstrued, as everyone jumps on everything here. You say most are on the ball, they are not – If you work for the NHS, you’ll know you have to cater for the lowest common denominator. If you chose not to take advantage of stores opening early for NHS staff then that is your look out. Due to my schedule, I didn’t have any stock. My neighbours were kind enough to supply with the basic essentials ….

“We do not see the world as it is, but we see the world as we are”.

• beetlejuice 24th February 2022 at 9:24 pm

Dear Grace, i am afraid, i have no clue as to what you are trying to say, thought this post was about not filling up tank and panic buying.Your every word is aggressive and i for one don’t need it. In answer to your question about being on the ball, no Grace i would say that you definitely are not.Head the ball maybe

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 9:29 pm

Again not trying to repeat myself “We do not see the world as it is, but we see the world as we are” …. Aggressive? Strange. Go in Peace.

• Will998 24th February 2022 at 5:23 pm

Well, there is a contradiction in terms if ever I saw one!!

“Fill your petrol tank today before people put this together.

Don’t want to start a panic”

Then why are you doing exactly that Siandevel15??

• Reverend Nick 24th February 2022 at 5:26 pm

Our neighbours filled up today – but they are driving down to London to see rels and wanting to come back on the same tank, so I think that’s reasonable enough, especially as they are in the 80s – it’s one less think to worry about.

• Alexandra 2013 24th February 2022 at 6:43 pm

I don’t do Facebook so I expect it’s rife with all this. Next there will be no loo rolls. Maybe we should all pack our furniture in a big van (tank full of course) ready to gridlock the roads when someone on social media says we’re next 🤣🤣

• Grace Williams 24th February 2022 at 8:47 pm

I appear to have lived through every crisis in the last 2 years oblivious, without resorting to drastic measures, even the loo roll crisis … (I didnt even know about the last fuel fill up/catastrophe/panic until my sister told me, as I don’t watch news/listen to radio/read papers etc – I have a car/workhorse for work, well, when I had work) … Doubtless another storm in a teacup that will blow over (eventually)…

• Woodcrafter-Keith 24th February 2022 at 10:54 pm

And this is exactly why we end up with shortages because people or more usually the media insight panic
      If everyone buys normally there is always plenty of everything OK so petrol prices are going to go up filling your tank up only postpones the inevitable it will still be higher next time you need to get petrol why insight panic buying for short term gain other than being selfish
      Prices are going up its a fact of life we just have to do what Brits do suck it up tighten our belts and carry on

• John 64 25th February 2022 at 6:29 am

Oh the nobs will be out there, filling their tanks and cans, they’d have not learnt from the last panic, there’s no need too, just buy what you need, petrol stations should ration fuel to £20/30 max, shops should start thinking of doing the same, because idiots will also start stripping shelves, don’t get it. People are selfish.

Add