Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Festive unfair

BridJames Posted 5 months ago
Festive unfair

Who, apart from me thinks that the schedules on TV this Christmas are generally abysmal again?

5 likes & 11 replies
    • Mad Ralph 25th December 2021 at 10:55 pm

Definitely agree with you Brid.
      Terrestrial TV is dismal and the bbc is an outdated dictatorship. At least Dick Turnip wore a mask. 😉

• BridJames 25th December 2021 at 11:07 pm

thanks Ralph. If there is one good thing about it it’s that I won’t run out of fingers to count how many things I actually picked out in the last few days that I considered worth watching although one finger is enough to show what I think of the majority of the ****!

• Brummie Boy 26th December 2021 at 12:05 am

I agree with you both, programmes rubbish for Christmas, but at least “Zulu” is’nt on, but only thing worth watching is Morecambe and Wise, they are timeless.

• Chris Frederick MHFA 26th December 2021 at 7:04 am

Couldn’t agree more 🙁 spent the afternoon watching El Cid on Talking Picture channel with family. Literally was the best of all the bad choices 👁

• Malley 27th December 2021 at 10:39 am

I have just looked at today’s (Monday 27th.) schedule for all the main channels. There is absolutely nothing that I want to watch on any main channel today. It hasn’t been much different over the holiday weekend. I begrudge paying the licence fee as the BBC are doing nothing for me. I wish the government would shake up the system but I suppose it is too busy at the moment.

• Lizzib 27th December 2021 at 10:40 am

Haven’t watched anything directly from the schedule. Rubbish.

• Helsbelles 27th December 2021 at 1:29 pm

I don’t pay any attention to the schedule these days. No clue what is on or when. Streaming takes the stress out of these things I find…

• Sixpence 27th December 2021 at 8:31 pm

Yes apart from Midwife & All creatures which Iteally enjoyed. Same old re runs

• Moya 27th December 2021 at 10:52 pm

Actually, I found some splendid things to watch though there are some programmes not to my taste. We are fortunate to have much choice, avross all the channels hundreds of programmes to suit every taste. There is a plethora of films, scores of comedies, cookery shows and dramas.. The trouble is we’ve grown used to having entertainment on tap 24/7. The BBC is worth every penny. Think of the cost of going to a cinema, a theatre etc and we can just click the remote and enjoy..

• BridJames 27th December 2021 at 10:57 pm

well, at least if the TV choice fails to impress it hasn’t cost the time, money and effort of dressing up and getting to the theatre and still being disappointed.

Add