Home Forums Arts & Culture Feeling brave

Gardener52 Posted 12 months ago
Feeling brave

This is a mixed media painting on a up cycled canvas from a charity shop I like to give things new purpose I used to create a lot and I just couldn’t in lockdown but I’m getting that feeling back again does anyone understand this ?
It’s quite big isn’t it sharing pieces of work – it’s a memory of the fields I like in my village .

18 likes & 19 replies
    • Rowan 2nd June 2021 at 9:40 pm

Wow I absolutely love this you should not think twice before you share your work

• Deleted User 2nd June 2021 at 11:15 pm

It’s terrific, really. Unusual too. Worth a place on anyone’s wall 👌

• Deleted User 3rd June 2021 at 12:27 am

Love it and I understand the hesitancy in sharing what you create.
      I try to create music using instruments and acquired loops and home made loops.
      I put a tune together on a pc a little at a time and the drum lines will take up a number of recording tracks and guitar keyboards sfx etc other tracks in my recording windows.
      Each tune I do takes up between thirty and forty tracks l lose track of how many because it’s not something I really think about. Used to be when I was on Windows 98 because I had limited computing power and storage but not these days.
      But I came to realise if you write a book you want people to read it.
      If you paint a picture you want people to look at it it’s why we create… what do you think of this?
      Otherwise there’s not really much point in creating.
      I’m even less than amateur in the scheme of things with what I do because it is no more than a hobby.
      I create a lot of the sounds I use through instruments and computer software edits and additions so a lot of the sounds are unique to me.
      If someone offered to pay me for a twenty second loop for film advert news programme I’d be made up!
      If not that’s fine.
      At nearly 70 I’m not going to become a pop star.
      At nearly 70 I can thoroughly enjoy myself in my headphones painting and sculpting with sound as my medium.
      I have a few glasses of whisky and I’m Pink Floyd for a couple of hours or Jean Michel Jarre.
      I often come back in the morning and delete it all thinking what the hell was I thinking!
      Here have a go…. https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband

• Gardener52 3rd June 2021 at 5:13 am

Well I don’t drink whiskey but I like pink floyd …and I hear you thanks

• Deleted User 3rd June 2021 at 12:53 pm

Love the girl on a motorcycle, and war. Very strong music. Excellent beat. I know what you mean when you ask ‘why do we create.’ A little appreciation goes a long way. I am also nearly 70. I have been writing for years, novels, short stories, silly poems all to make people laugh, but who wants to read them? My family have never picked up one of my books and publishers don’t want anything but soppy love, death sex and violence. I can’t write negative. I want to make people smile. So I say, keep making music, you have a wonderful talent.

• Ballybrit 3rd June 2021 at 2:15 pm

Lovely

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 3rd June 2021 at 8:04 pm

A beautiful creation, love this, it has a wonderful tranquil feel to it, more please !

• Gardener52 4th June 2021 at 7:11 am

I’m on the hunt for another canvas ! Now the charity shops are open again and junk shops I need to use pre- loved it fits with my way .
        I have been sketching again and I took a picture a few weeks back of this little area of wild flowers that was crying out to be added to canvas and weirdly it was just up the lane from where I had put some wild flowers down for several family members in the graveyard …so I was possibly given that idea I weirdly like to think so …so watch this pace could be by Christmas !!
        Thank you for that thoughtful reply 🌸

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 4th June 2021 at 8:10 am

Hi….I too used to pop into charity shops to look for interesting picture frames for my photos, it’s rewarding to give something a new lease of life a new purpose I know you agree. Loved your work, the Cow Parsley was instantly recognisable , it has a wonderful dream like quality to it. Being able to draw or paint is a gift I have never tried I think I only ever played with smelly plastercine at school and cut bits out on a little brown sheet of Linoleum. I am a keen photographer , among other things and enjoy being creative and expressive with that medium. A couple of weeks ago I walked up the hills local to me, not many people know about it, the Bluebells were awesome, swathes and swathes of them, there’s so much beauty in nature to be enjoyed, painted and photographed too. Look forward to seeing more in the future, do you know what your next project will be?. I’m just about to book a timed visit to a national trust property, make the most of my memebership, take care and have a super weekend .

• Gardener52 6th June 2021 at 2:44 pm

I’m getting inspired for a piece of art our bedroom that’s next on the decorating list ! And the frames sound great . I hope visiting trust properties resumes properly for you .

• ButterflySlave 6th June 2021 at 2:29 pm

It’s lovely.

Only shy away from not expressing and sharing.

• Wild Soul 7th June 2021 at 12:57 pm

Pretty

Add