Home Forums Family & Relationships Everything must come to an end

Vicky1970 Posted 6 months ago
Everything must come to an end

So whilst the Soon be ex has been away with his new love for the past week I booked the week off.
Due back today huff.

Has been so great taken the time for myself, relaxed pampered.
Has shown me I’m going to be ok on my own
Hopefully house and divorce will be sorted soon and I can move on.

11 likes & 44 replies
    • Rowan 10th June 2021 at 12:09 pm

You will be fine sounds like you have such a great mindset….some great comments on here…since I got divorced and on own my head feels so much lighter and now I just want to do stuff and if I meet a special friend to share experiences with great…but need someone to move us forward or at least maintain but so many people seem to simply make do…take care ….one quote I recall is ex doesn’t pay rent to be in my head 😉

• Deleted User 10th June 2021 at 12:14 pm

Take Care. x

• Chak21 10th June 2021 at 12:19 pm

You have made a decision. Stick to it and re-build your life. You are of value to those around you and the One above.

• Mickandann1 10th June 2021 at 12:21 pm

Hi Vicky life at some time can be a complete bas***d but don’t let it get you down to much , I similar to you had to move on but it all happened for a purpose, with me it happened so I could find my wife who turned my life upside down , we loved each
      Other more than you can imagine we were joined at the hip not wanting anyone else .
      When you find the right person hang on to them for dear life and then you will find happiness , enjoy everything together as you don’t know what’s round the corner and my corner was that my dear beautiful wife died in my arms very suddenly without warning , I have wonderful beautiful memories of her to keep me going until we are together again
      Take care try and smile if you can look forward to the rest of your life
      Kind regards Mick Smith 🥲🌹

• Sandyg 24th June 2021 at 2:30 pm

How dreadfully tragic..but the untainted. memories of being together, faithful and true and always in love, til death did you part…are so very ,very precious.
        May they sustain you as you rebuild your life.

• Mickandann1 24th June 2021 at 3:46 pm

But being so so lonely and lost is very testing now the only thing I got to look forward to leaving this mortal coil and try to find my wife again
          God bless xx

• Sandyg 24th June 2021 at 4:13 pm

I can only imagine your pain.
          But there is plenty of evidence that the Soul lives in and is actually still around you, watching over you, and willing you to begin living again.
          You were So loved, that makes you very precious and valued,..Your wife would not want you to be willing your life over- the years left are nothing compared to the eternity you will eventually have.
          I hope you can find purpose and the Will to live well your allotted time.
          Your dear little dog must be a real comfort, you will be helping each other to cope, I’m sure.,,as Ann would want .
          Blessings .to you both.

• Deleted User 10th June 2021 at 12:55 pm

Aww such a sad time isn’t it but yes you are going to be ok. Stay positive and focused. Wishing you all the best for your new chapter x

• Dreamyboy 10th June 2021 at 1:41 pm

Just keep posting on here Vicky – it doesn’t matter what, you’ll always find someone willing to talk. Just use and abuse us, we don’t mind!

• Puffin007 10th June 2021 at 2:13 pm

Hopefully things will go smoothly and you can get on with things quickly😃

• Aqualady51 10th June 2021 at 2:37 pm

That’s a great attitude to have. It’s not easy and I am sure it’s still raw. I’m in a similar situation of being ‘half-divorced’ and waiting for the financials to get sorted. It will be two years since my STBXH walked out on his family and chose to set up home 300 miles away. As difficult as it was at the time I can see he’s done me a major favour. I feel happier and can see how far I’ve come. The difficult part is his abandonment of our children, he’s seen them 3 times in the past two years. I feel I have become mother and father to them. My mantra has been onwards and upwards. I know there is a good life and abundance ahead of me. He can’t take any of that and I owe it to my kids to be strong.

Good luck and stay strong 💪

• Vicky1970 10th June 2021 at 4:47 pm

Luckily we don’t have kids. He was married before and didn’t want any more and like a fool I agreed.
        Can relate to the 300 miles. Mine moving to Wales (even broke covid to see her)
        He had an affair with her 40 years ago which ended his first marriage. She stayed with her husband who then died of covid and we went to memorial when safe and BOOM they fell back in love..

So that’s 2 marriages she has broken. But hey maybe they are soul mates…….

• Sandyg 24th June 2021 at 2:37 pm

my husband, of 40 years, has moved in witha wealthy widow who he was ‘counselling’ over her loss….at such an emotional time the bereaved are very susceptible to pathetic attention from opposite sex and probably see it as a comfort and distraction through their grieving process…blame him rather than her, he clearly took advantage of that situation which he had no business doing, as did mine…

• Sandyg 24th June 2021 at 2:39 pm

goodness I swear I
          didn’t type the word ‘ pathetic ,I swear I typed ‘ empathetic.
          ..but maybe the truth has imprinted itself !!!

• AllsGravy 10th June 2021 at 3:30 pm

Pleased you feel you’re looking forward.

Your, “Everything must come to an end” aphorism; I was philosophising more generally – does it? Should it? We strive to end most things sooner rather than later (work tasks, certain stages of life perhaps? Illness.) Why do we want relationships to last?

• Kaycee17 10th June 2021 at 5:23 pm

From someone who has been through it and come out the other side – it may take a while, but you will one day realise that it has made you a better and happier person. Good luck, and keep us up to date!

• VLB 10th June 2021 at 7:42 pm

It is very liberating to have time to yourself and not feel that you have to answer to someone else. This is a massive transition though and I found it to be a rollercoaster of emotions. However, it sounds like you are doing brilliantly so onwards and upwards as the say!

• JellyBean 10th June 2021 at 7:55 pm

You will have good days and bad days… Concentrate on the good ones and try to write yourself some positive notes to stick around the house. On the bad days, take it an hour at a time, or even just 15 minutes at a time if that’s too much.
      Give yourself permission to grieve for your relationship and cut yourself some slack where you can.
      “I will survive’ is a good track to play when you need it. Good luck and very best wishes x

• Jenny Tew 10th June 2021 at 9:24 pm

I am sure you will have your ups and downs but you will be OK in the end. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy all the positive people and things around you. Take care

• Susan Gom 10th June 2021 at 11:37 pm

My heart will be with you.

• Chris S 11th June 2021 at 7:46 am

So sorry to hear about the break up but at least you are staying strong and positive about the whole business and that is the best way to be. Enjoy being single for a while, make some new friends and branch out when you’re ready. take care x

• Chantilly 11th June 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi Vicky,
      Hard thing to have to deal with. You will be fine love, the worst is over and when your house is sorted you can move on. Glad you are taking time for your self.

• adeliza0165 11th June 2021 at 6:33 pm

Yes – everything comes to an end and the acceptance that some things are out of our control and weren’t meant to be. But something positive always comes out of it and when it does, you’ll be so glad that the negative stuff happened. 😊👍

• Millybee 12th June 2021 at 5:41 pm

My husband left me in January for another after 18 years marriage . When he phoned me the ring tone is ‘I will survive ‘ I let it play & sing along & ignore his calls . Makes me feel better

• Chantilly 16th June 2021 at 6:13 pm

What a great, positive thing to do. I love it and I beslt it really gets at your ex, they hate to think that you can move on, even though they have.

• Cullbaggie 17th June 2021 at 4:45 pm

Even the bad things that have happened to us!
      have shaped us to be the person we are now, and growing within ourselves!

• Charrie 17th June 2021 at 8:30 pm

Everything will go on your own direction, explore more that you do not have to ask or compromise to anyone anymore. I got divorce more than 10 years now, I learned scuba diving, skiing, and now golf. Having your own time is the most precious that you can always have that you never have when I was married. Travel more as much as you can once things are better. Wishing you all the best in life that you deserve.

• JoPeachling 24th June 2021 at 6:10 pm

Similar circumstances to you at the moment too. You’ll be just fine. Promise x

• Judes 25th June 2021 at 8:15 pm

Similar to me too, retired a few years early to enjoy ourselves! Ha after 21 years together he rushed through divorce and sale of house.
      I’m getting things sorted now and looking forward.

• Vicky1970 26th June 2021 at 8:06 am

Yeah that was my plan 3 years to go and I can take government pension early. Sell house and travel.

Guess he couldn’t wait that long.

• Archer62 26th June 2021 at 7:53 am

Good for you x

• SuzieC 10th July 2021 at 9:25 pm

At every end there is a new beginning.!

• SuzieC 11th July 2021 at 7:30 am

You will lm sure like me after losing the love of my life after just retiring
      When u think everything is over and you have time to heal you could meet the love of your life
      who you are perhaps destined to meet.
      Be brave embrace new things meet new people
      X

• esther.bray23 12th July 2021 at 5:56 am

I am thinking of getting a divorce too and it’s due to arguments within the family my then older teenagers /adult children. Hard to do the Financial settlement because mine will have to be about pensions and will need help to support through the process. Cab have their own solicitors. It’s hard to get the legal side of the paperwork and forms for me.
      But you are just thinking about it?

• Chris S 13th July 2021 at 10:50 pm

I really hope so Vicky. Pleased you enjoyed being pampered and I’m sure you’ll thrive either on your own or with a new partner.

• Kaz1968 21st July 2021 at 8:32 am

I am going through the same and it’s really hard. But I do feel happier and confident to go forward with my future

• Vicky1970 25th August 2021 at 5:57 pm

So house sold. He moved back to Wales.

Feeling sad and lonely despite being at Brorhers house.

Why do I miss him????

Add