Home Forums Travel European travel tests for Covid 19.

N125 Posted 5 months ago
European travel tests for Covid 19.

Hi,
Can anybody recommend test kits for pre-return to UK & PCR tests on arrival back in UK please ? Due to go to Tenerife mid January for 10 days . Any help appreciated.

8 replies
    • Cheers on toast 31st December 2021 at 7:43 am
      • N125 31st December 2021 at 7:57 am

Thanks for that. Much appreciated 👍

• Cheers on toast 31st December 2021 at 8:06 am

You’re welcome, from experience last year I would say do lots of research and be well prepared.
          Things are changing all the time but from what i can remember when I went it is best to take tests with you to take before your return journey , its confusing enough without throwing in a language barrier.
          I never got the results of my test on my return and it was never chased up by anyone, which proves it is more about money than anything else, as long as you can prove you have bought a test that’s all they are interested in.

• N125 31st December 2021 at 8:09 am

Doesn’t suprise me. Had 4 hols cancelled in last 2 years, just hope this comes off……need a little chill time in the Sun .

• beetlejuice 31st December 2021 at 8:37 am

Hello, i was due to go to Tenerife for xmas, but i chose to cancel as was concerned about everything really.Hope you get there without any problems.it will be lovely

• SteveInWales 31st December 2021 at 8:54 am

I got mine from Randox when I went away in October. They send it to your home but then to send it back you have to drop it into a designated post box, often at motorway service stations, or at least mine was.

• Cerie 31st December 2021 at 3:00 pm

I have used both Randox and Expert Medicals, both were cheap (with googled discount codes around £28 each) Both were easy enough to do but depending on where you live Randox can be a pain to drop off. Ex Med was just in a priority post box. As for return to the UK although I took tests both times I went I actually found it easier to book and get them done while away (Crete and Lanzarote) lots of places, cost 20 euros and the reassurance of a certificate to show at the airport. I didn’t have to spend 24/48 hours worrying if I would get the result in time they did it while you waited.

Add