Home Forums Loneliness Emptyness

PeteA Posted 6 months ago
Emptyness

I’m quite new to this site and am feeling my way around it still.
I lost my wife quite recently and from a good life to a future that is empty is hard to contemplate.
I have some family near but they are also dealing with the situation and have each other for support. Other family is a couple of hours away. I live in North Essex.

13 replies
    • Lorraine1 3rd August 2021 at 9:52 am

So sorry for your loss. There are some nice people to chat to here. While, I’m sure it feels that way at the moment, your future will not be completely empty.

• 7Poppy 3rd August 2021 at 10:03 am

Hi, just a couple of suggestions. I moved alone to Yorkshire to be near my daughter and her family, I joined a Meetup group. It’s not for dating, not interested, it’s for over 50’s but we’re really over 60’s and I have made some lovely friends. How about getting a rescue dog? It will get you out of your home and lots of people talk to dog owners. I hope life gets easier for you. Take care

• PeteA 3rd August 2021 at 11:22 am

Thank you Poppy. I have two daughters that live a few hours apart. I live near one. It’s too early to consider moving. I have to understand if my home is just a house now. I’d love company again as although I can exist on my own it’s not a life.

• Emel 3rd August 2021 at 12:00 pm

It’s a difficult time, adjusting to your home as it is now so very different from what you once knew. As they say, the silence can be defeaning and even although there’s television and radio to break that silence it’s just not enough. I don’t often post but I think I understand.

• vaughanpauline 3rd August 2021 at 4:05 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss and how you are feeling.

We have recently started a private Facebook group called Silver Friends. You are more than welcome to join us and make new friends.

Here is a link. Please mention restless when you join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/598917587757903/?ref=share

We are not a dating site but currently have more women members than men.

Eventually we will have real life meet up groups in the meantime we have a Zoom Meet up each Sunday at 6pm as this is when many people who are on their own feel most alone.

Hope to see you and anyone in similar circumstances soon.

Pauline

• NeilP 3rd August 2021 at 6:07 pm

Pete. I lost my wife three years ago. .. I thought I would never get through it …but it does get better in time although the pain is still there … family are a great support…. Hang on in there … regards Neil

• Rob1000 3rd August 2021 at 7:43 pm

Mate I’m so sorry. I can’t begin to imagine how you must feel. I’m new on here as well and there seems to be a bunch of nice folks to talk to…I hope it helps in some small way.

• Aquaman01 3rd August 2021 at 7:50 pm

Know what you going through m8 lost my partner 3 months ago so hard to deal with but we got stay strong TRY Look to future I’m sure things will get better for us all in this situation and Im sure our lost loved ones would want us to go forward and be happy

• JennyLynn 3rd August 2021 at 10:28 pm

I feel your pain. Pete, I really do. I lost my husband 4 years ago and it changes everything. In the early days it can feel very lonely, but everyone on here seems friendly – it’s a great site to log onto when you want some company and chat. You’re doing the right thing, reaching out and talking. Take care

• PeteA 3rd August 2021 at 10:32 pm

Thank you Jenny, being on here seems like the right thing to be doing. Appreciate your thoughts.

• Shexxx 5th August 2021 at 10:19 am

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you are feeling as I’m in the same boat, I lost my husband 3 weeks ago. All of the practical things you have to deal with as well as the constant heart ache are extremely difficult. Please feel free to message, don’t be lonely

Add