Home Forums General Does anyone really make future plans for next year...

Shirlann Posted 3 months ago
Does anyone really make future plans for next year or five years 🤔or just go day by day?

My mind keeps changing its mind 🙃🙄about what it wants 😏

3 likes & 24 replies
    • Colin in Kent 25th October 2021 at 8:12 am

My sister in law and her husband have a five year plan, but then they are financially astute (she used to be a bank manager). I’m too disorganised, and frequently find myself adrift on the vicissitudes of fate.

• beetlejuice 25th October 2021 at 8:21 am

Hi Shirlann.I think many people have a plan but due to life directions etc we cant always follow that plan.Just have to do what can.A bit like believing throughout pregnancy that you will practice yoga everyday and sip on ginger tea, you won’t gain any weight and within 40 minutes you will breathe out another human being whilst listening to Beethoven.whatever!

• Deleted User 25th October 2021 at 9:04 am

I do write down where I would like to be in 5 years and what I aim to achieve within that time. However, as life plans can be disrupted in so many ways, I go day by day but with my goals in mind. I don’t beat myself up if I haven’t achieved it, i just keep going.

• SelsdonLion 25th October 2021 at 9:08 am

Yes i had a financial plan from my early fifties to work out how soon i could retire or of i could cope if made redundant

• LucasH 25th October 2021 at 9:11 am

I buy a cheap year planner, put it on the wall and add things that we will see and do, holiday, theatre, parties, days out etc.

It’s good to see the things that are planned and reflect on the things past.

Not too good on the five year plan through.

• Chojo 25th October 2021 at 9:35 am

My plan is to get through each day as best I can. I can’t plan for the future hell I can’t even plan what I’m having for lunch! If I wake up in the morning it’s a bonus if I don’t I won’t need to think about the future 😂

• Will998 25th October 2021 at 9:50 am

Interesting question Shirlann.

I have a motorcycle trip planned and booked for July next year.

But as a 59 year old funeral director who is constantly reminded that we wont all reach 3 score plus ten, I would never plan 5 years ahead as it might be tempting fate 🤣

My answer is… do it today if you can afford it. 😊

• Brighton Belle 25th October 2021 at 9:52 am

Benidorm next May 2022 cancelled from this November my big birthday celebrations due to virus I’ve contacted-not covid has caused problems with ears awaiting appointment at ENT Dr advised not to fly could cause perforated ear drums

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 25th October 2021 at 10:01 am

No plans. Spontaneity is so much more exciting!

• SteveInWales 25th October 2021 at 11:32 am

I tend to plan holidays 9 – 12 months in advance if I’m going further afield than the usual European holiday destinations. Other than that I don’t usually look further ahead than 3-4 months.

• Always 25th October 2021 at 11:44 am

I like to plan (some people call if day dreaming 🤔) things that I aim to accomplish within a given time frame but I keep it flexible and don’t get too worried if plans change or things don’t go the way I thought they might. I’m also easily led lol so if a better offer comes up I would not hesitate to change any plans I might have had in place!

• Deleted User 25th October 2021 at 2:12 pm

At nearly seventy my past dwarfs my future so not really any planning going on.
      I discovered years ago that J Lennon was right when he sang…
      Life is what happens to you
      while your busy making other plans.

• Longhotsummer1 25th October 2021 at 2:20 pm

I’m retiring in April 2023 , got a saving pot , going to San Francisco, San Diego, La and finish in Las Vegas
      Life to short I’m doing while I still have the energy.

• Wunderwoman 25th October 2021 at 3:10 pm

Bit of both – having had a few years where my life has been turned upside down, it’s quite hard to think about too much planning now. Mixture of seeing where life takes me as well as having some goals.

• RobbieW1975 25th October 2021 at 10:22 pm

It’s always worth trying to set yourself some goals – ideally things that are doable within a reasonable timeframe – that way you’ve got things to aim for. These goals can be personal, financial, fitness-related and so on. If you want to get technical about goals then they should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant & Timely) so that you can track your success (or otherwise!!) on your journey to attain your goals – whatever they may be! (I used to do Performance Management, back in the day…)

Good luck.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 26th October 2021 at 5:43 am

I plan throughout and for my life. This is the decade of health and wealth for me. To see if I can get any!

• Pthmp58 26th October 2021 at 10:23 am

Day by Day. Less stressful

Add