Home Forums Arts & Culture Does anyone know how to upload their artwork onto...

Deleted User Posted 2 years ago
Does anyone know how to upload their artwork onto Instagram from a Mac laptop?

I’ve just joined Instagram for the sole purpose of selling my art. All my images are on my MacBook Air and have spent a number of days and hours trying to find a solution. But I haven’t found one yet and one that doesn’t charge a subscription. I’ve heard names like Hootsuite, Camva, OinkandStuff Google Chrome extension (which I was unable to find after reading a glowing report about it). I don’t have any images of my artwork stored on my iphone and don’t see any options to upload on my Instagram page on my Mac because they don’t provide that option. I would be immensely grateful to fellow artists, techies or anyone who would be willing to share their experience and solution!

2 likes & 7 replies
    • NeilM 15th January 2021 at 3:37 pm

Hi Deborah
      Instagram is there mainly for the mobile world. So your easiest option is to
      upload your images to a cloud – Google, iCloud, OneDrive, DropBox etc. Then download them to your phone and then onto Insta.
      That’s what I’ve done for any photos I’ve edited.
      Someone may have a slicker solution

• Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 3:49 pm

Hi Neil
        Many thanks for your response and your suggestions. I continued to persevere and did find a solution which is to go into Safari then preferences – advanced and click on developer and then clicked on ‘show javascript console’ that somehow created a ‘Develop’ tag on the menu. Now I can upload an image onto Instagram from my mac.

• Deleted User 17th January 2021 at 9:35 am

Yes Verity thanks. I went onto a number of YouTube videos featuring people with big personalities who spoke very fast who didn’t have the answer I was looking for. (This is when I went onto this page to ask my question). Eventually I found a step by step answer on somebody’s blog. Just the simplicity provided me with the answer. It taught me that perseverance pays off!

• Rebecca H 19th January 2021 at 9:21 am

Hi – if you save them in Photos on your Mac they should automatically sync to your iphone. Then upload them from photos in your iPhone as a Post to your Instagram page using the Instagram app on your phone. The app works best. That’s what I do anyway, I’m an aspiring fashion artist. It’s good to have a separate Instagram professional account just for your art – where you can describe yourself as Artist or Designer etc. and another one for personal stuff, eg photos of your dog/ cat/ family. Good luck! Check out #artistsupportpledge ( good for selling ) and my IG page @bexhillery_art

• Deleted User 19th January 2021 at 10:13 am

Hi Rebecca – thank you for your message. I’ll get the app though I’ve been spending a lot of time researching on blogs which has given me loads of information – such as doing the multiple uploads on grid. I just have to go through my Notes on mac. Glad you mentioned #artistsuportpledge as this was my primary reason for opening the Instagram account. I’ve just used a regular (not business) account as I wasn’t sure. It gives me more freedom I think as my art and my writing are part of my creative approaches and yesterday I uploaded a poem which is all connected with my art is about, and being a child/adolescent therapist. I couldn’t find you on Instagram – I was interested to look at your work. Mine is @artistmixedmedia. Re #artistsupportpledge I can’t figure out how to insert their logo so just used the hashtag. I’m not into social sharing on those type of platforms! My favourite course when I used to go to Central St Martins for all kinds of art courses during the holiday breaks was fashion illustration. Best of luck with getting your fashion art out there and prospering!

• Deleted User 18th February 2022 at 12:11 pm

The function is now available in most mainstream desktop browsers,

Add