Home Forums Music Does anyone have any records i still have a collec...

angela.murphy13904 Posted 12 months ago
Does anyone have any records i still have a collection, from my youth, intrested to know if there are other music lovers like myself. And how many you have in your collection, what is your style of music mine has changed over the years, when i was younger it was mainly soul,funk jazz, reggae,
12 likes & 26 replies
    • Mosey 30th January 2021 at 1:38 pm

Hi Angela, yes I have a big collection of vinyl albums going back from late 60’s, 70’s onwards. My main love was and still is the blues, and into jazz. I have to say though I have a varied taste in all sorts.

• Peter little 30th January 2021 at 2:55 pm

The music like has changed over the years I like a real Mixture from classical to folk music I am also a big fan of country music also I am a child of the 70s I loved all that heavy rock stuff

• Sixtiesboy58 1st February 2021 at 8:33 am

Music is so powerful and has the ability to transport you back through a lifetime of memories. I love the Beatles, Motown, Jamiroquai and Queen to mention but a few and love to listen to some classical for a great chill-out too

• Vixster 1st February 2021 at 10:50 am

Hi Angela, yes I still have a collection and occasionally add to it. My first LP was Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon but also liked glam rock, punk, two tone and disco. Now listen mainly to indie rock but also enjoy blues, grime and hip hop. It’s probably more about the artist than the genre though!

• angela.murphy13904 1st February 2021 at 10:59 am

LOVE my old disco tunes.

• NormaD1958 1st February 2021 at 4:56 pm

I have ahuge collection of vinyl records belonging to my late husband (with a few of mine thrown in). Varying from Folk, Jazz, Easy Listening, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell – typical 60s early 70s stuff. (I was a child bride)

• hell.fenn 5th February 2021 at 7:54 pm

Hi Angela. We sold all our vinyl when we downsized. The only music I do not like is rap, heavy metal and opera. I like anything from 50s to now that has a beat and I am a bit of a sucker for a ballad. I’m hoping to see Michael Buble, James Morrison and Paloma Faith this year.

• Ian66w 6th February 2021 at 10:15 am

I have a very wide range of genres of music that I love being a DJ for 20yrs it was inevitable really im a massive Queen fan The Eagles, The Beatles to name a few most of my music is on Spotify I just let it play and see what comes .

• N125 6th February 2021 at 10:24 am

Got quite a few, all in the lift in a box as I don’t have a record player ! Keep meaning to buy one. Get round to it one day. Bit of a range, loads of ELO, prog rock, heavy rock , Beatles, McCartney & Wings.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 6th February 2021 at 10:26 am

Hi Angela
      I’m a lover of music to, mostly, soul, jazz, reggae, blues. Used to go to Jazz clubs when we where able to, can’t wait until they’re back .

• Ems 7th February 2021 at 5:36 pm

Hi Angela

Where would we be without music, I have vinyl, tapes, CDs and now spotify. I’m a rock chick at heart but also love pop, r&b, indie, some rap, reggae, soul. I listen to absolute radio, they cover all decades, lots of music, less chat and no repeats.

• Mysticmo 9th February 2021 at 8:38 pm

Hi guy’s !
      Yes still have my vinyl .Early 60’s Elvis , Beatles, Shadows and many more. Elton John and my all time favorite Spencer Davies Group ( I know a lot of you are saying who ?? ) These old tunes keep resurfacing in ads and films.
      Love my music !

• Aqualady51 9th February 2021 at 9:24 pm

I loved collecting vinyls as a teenager. I still have them and now have a teenager covetting them! She’s building her own collection, so was very happy when I dug a few of mine out. Obviously the price difference is amazing, she was shocked to see how much some of mine were. I recalled that for some new releases, I’d skip lunch for a week and save my dinner money to buy it at weekend!!

• Golden54 9th February 2021 at 10:08 pm

I thought I’d lost all my vinyl records in my divorce, but they turned up, including a few I thought my brother had pinched. They’re all from the 80’s. Bowie, Queen, UB40, Paul Young and U2 to name a few

• Andicat 10th February 2021 at 4:15 pm

Yes, I’ve still got my vinyl records – singles, LP’s, EP’s, most were purchased in the 70’s and I bought a record player last year so that I could listen to them again. When I was at school we used to pay into the TSB each week only the TSB bank happened to be next door to the record shop on the high street so my savings never amounted to much!

• angela.murphy13904 11th February 2021 at 2:54 pm

Yeah me too, most of my weekends were discos and records, they were the good old days

• NeilP 11th February 2021 at 3:03 pm

i invested in a turntable in the summer, so all my records from the loft were brought down, mainly 70,s -90,s before cd,s They brought back so many memories both looking at the covers and listening. I used to spend all my spare money on records , miss the record shops

• Dc forever 11th February 2021 at 3:03 pm

Having moved lots of times and the need to down size I have some how managed to hold on to my 15 Slade Lps which I will never let go.

• angela.murphy13904 11th February 2021 at 3:45 pm

love your records, like me.

• Allieballiebee 11th February 2021 at 3:59 pm

I have a few. David Essex Rock On, Bay City Rollers Rollin , Kate Bush Lionheart and Madness 7 and a album by The Beat. 🤔🤦 Very varied taste in my younger days

• Geegee 13th February 2021 at 2:42 am

C.D.s and old Cassettes I have in same genre of music too.. luv them still 😎🤗🎧🎛🎤🎼🔊🎶🎵📼💿

• Franko John 13th February 2021 at 10:34 pm

Hi Angela I have lots of records from my younger years wide selection of bands Queen, Def Leoard, Elton John, Whitney Houston plus many moreI love a bit of swing Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra Love listening to 70’s 80’s music it brings back so many memories ie certain time in your life a person I’m just listening to one hit wonder at the moment on You Tube hope you’re well

Add