Home Forums Arts & Culture Does anyone else on here enjoy making embroidered...

Linda EL Posted 2 weeks ago
Does anyone else on here enjoy making embroidered textiles

I like stitching incorporating fabric and mixed media…. Here I’ve used some used and dried tea bags too.

10 likes & 14 replies
    • Suz Soh 24th November 2021 at 4:18 pm

Wow, that’s so lovely….like art 🙂 must have taken hours?

• Deleted User 24th November 2021 at 4:33 pm

I don’t know the first thing about it, but I can say that’s pleasing to the eyes, evocative and highly decorative. Congratulations!

• Daisychain 24th November 2021 at 7:12 pm

I keep thinking about it but haven’t got round to it yet. I’m trying to use up lots of fabric that I’ve had stored for ages. The idea is still with me and I love your embroidery.

• Daisychain 24th November 2021 at 10:06 pm

Ideas are not in short supply but I’m currently making Roman blinds and I have two seat covers to make next plus a 20s style party dress. I did start making soft toys and stuffing them with fabric scraps. I want to make a hooky rug as well but I’m still collecting fabrics for that.

I have quite a lot of old embroidery thicker silks that belonged to my great grandmother. These are mainly in Autumn colours so an autumn themed landscape would make sense but currently I’m happier with spring and summer colours. I’m spoiled for choice so find it difficult to just get started on something. Maybe it’s time to just give it a go 😀

• Linda EL 25th November 2021 at 10:33 am

Yes, it can be really hard when you have so many ideas. I usually end up looking at what I’ve got and what I like the look of. I find it’s no good trying to make something with colours or fabrics you don’t feel drawn to.

• Daisychain 24th November 2021 at 10:09 pm

A question. Do you plan your embroidery by drawing out the idea first and working out the order of stitch?

• Linda EL 25th November 2021 at 10:28 am

Hmmmm, I often start with a photograph, then collect fabric and threads to make a good colour scheme. I tend to make a fabric collage then stitch into it. Sometimes I doodle but very rarely start with a complete plan or drawing. It sort of evolves.

• Daisychain 25th November 2021 at 12:03 pm

That’s so useful, thank you. I’ll try to have a go at something when I’ve finished the must do jobs. I love embroidery and yours is wonderful.

Add