Home Forums General Does anyone believe in fate, or is it coincidence,...

Ems Posted 6 months ago
Does anyone believe in fate, or is it coincidence, or a random series of events that make up our lives?
3 likes & 12 replies
    • Daisychain 8th January 2022 at 8:39 pm

On balance a random series of events with some coincidences thrown in.

• Ems 8th January 2022 at 8:47 pm

Do you think, therefore, that the random series of events are in anyway linked or that one decision/event then has an influence on the next decision or not?

I personally like to believe in fate with some luck thrown in. I always like these philosophical debates.

• Daisychain 8th January 2022 at 8:55 pm

As my daughter once said you make the best decision you can at the time but nobody can know what the outcome will be. There are so many variables, many beyond the control of the individual. Of course any decision may have unforeseen consequences and luck can certainly play a part in anyone’s life be it good or bad. As soon as a path is chosen it may go in an unintended direction. I see life as a road with many junctions and decisions to be taken but who knows where?

• Mo001 8th January 2022 at 10:37 pm

Very true Daisychain 😊x

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 8th January 2022 at 9:05 pm

Me I believe in fate to a certain extent. However, if I want to do something then I tend to go for it, even if it is just to annoy those who say you can’t.🙄 Likewise, how do you know what fate has for you if you don’t try? You only get one go at life so go for it, don’t just wait around.🤗

• Optimistic 8th January 2022 at 10:48 pm

I believe everyone’s life is mapped out, only we occasionally make the wrong decisions then get back on track.
      Life is an adventure not a curse

• N125 8th January 2022 at 11:34 pm

I think things happen for a reason, can’t always fathom it though 😊

• Flufff 9th January 2022 at 12:16 am

I have had some subconsious thoughts that have resulted in opportunities which I have later realised. May not be fully ‘ask & it will be given’, always but… 🙂

• MzTee 9th January 2022 at 12:55 am

Everything is meant no matter how random it may appear

• Moondaisy 9th January 2022 at 5:45 am

I believe in fate. I don’t believe in coincidences as I believe everything happens for a reason, you may not see it at the time, but it’s there. I don’t believe in luck as I believe we make our own luck, be it good or bad. I believe we are on a path/journey and if it’s not the right one we will keep getting obstacles in our way…. time to try another path. Lot’s of ‘belief’ in there, don’t get the word ‘belief’ muddled with the word ‘truth’…. these are just my beliefs. Life is about the journey, make it a good one.

Add