Home Forums Arts & Culture Does anybody on this site have an interest in Art...

Deleted User Posted 11 months ago
Does anybody on this site have an interest in Art .either as a painter or just a gallery visitor to share thoughts experiences etc. Thanks
5 likes & 10 replies
    • Incurably Curious 20th September 2021 at 7:28 pm

Sure. I love visiting the galleries. I live in London so sometimes I am spoilt for choice. I can easily spend 3-4 hours just walking around, absorbing the atmosphere and looking at the art. Unfortunately, I cannot even paint my nails, let alone a masterpiece. However, I guess there is always time 🙂

• Aoefe 21st September 2021 at 11:53 am

I live in Devon and like to visit the Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton – the current In Plain Sight exhibition by the London Group is v interesting – hidden messages in each painting or piece….

• Deleted User 21st September 2021 at 1:35 pm

Thanks for the reply Aoefe glad the exhibition was good .not familiar with this work ? What is it about ?

• Aoefe 23rd September 2021 at 11:46 am

The London Group was set up in 1913 as a counterbalance to the Royal Academy which some artists found stuffy and traditional. The Group is still going strong and this year’s exhibition is at the Hulbert Gallery as she was a member of the London Group for some years and it is based in her former home where she retired to after leaving London. I’m not able to explain what the exhibition is ‘about’ – each piece is totally different, lots of different media including video….

• ArtistAngela 21st September 2021 at 11:55 am

Hi. I’m both an artist and art educator so, yes, I do most definitely have an interest in art.

• Indiana 21st September 2021 at 3:33 pm

I have no art training or knowledge but still love wandering around a gallery to see what talks to me. There is a photography exhibition of rock icons from the 70s at a museum in Bath that I’m hoping to visit next week.

• reliquit 21st September 2021 at 9:04 pm

I never had much interest in art until my girlfriend of the time, dragged me into the National Gallery during a short break in London. Something about Turner’s “Fighting Temeraire” completely enthralled me. Suddenly I felt that I could see WHY the artist felt that it was a moment in time that deserved to be captured. I still find it a fascinating painting and while I don’t spend much time in London these days, I still visit the NG whenever I can to look at it again.

• Deleted User 21st September 2021 at 9:37 pm

That’s a great story .I hope it inspires you to have a go .. remember there is no such thing as bad art !!
        Art is a personal experience.its being an author with shapes and colour ..

• edwina 21st September 2021 at 9:30 pm

I’m interested in art – my Dad was a prolific local artist. Grew up surrounded by paintings. Looking forward to the Van Gogh immersive experience – wondering if anyone else has been.

• Deleted User 21st September 2021 at 9:35 pm

Hi Edwina
      There is a wonderful animated film about the life of Van Gogh .a must to see.will inspire you to want to paint ..
      Who are your favourite artists ?

Add