Home Forums Food & Drink Do you have a passion for coffee?

Do you have a passion for coffee?

It’s one of the things that gives me the most joy in life. A couple of years ago, we got a bean grinder machine – it’s no exaggeration to say I think it’s changed my life! I get a feeling of joy each time I make a proper flat white, as good or better than most coffee shops.

Would love to hear from others who have a passion for coffee. What do you love about it? What kind do you enjoy? Where do you get it? Any tips for making the perfect cup? Whatever you love about coffee, I’d love you to hear about your passion here….

Attachments:
48 likes & 62 replies Share
    • Pete Smith 28th October 2020 at 5:39 pm

I’m absolutely in love with our Delonghi. It came with a separate bean grinder! Can not start a day without one. I opt for oat milk, just because I prefer the taste :). Trying my hardest to become a latte artist but this is as good as it gets. What do you think it’s supposed to be? haha

Attachments:
      • mark-e-mark 30th October 2020 at 4:02 pm

That looks great, Sandy! Latte art (or whatever it’s called) is something I have definitely not mastered yet, and not for lack of trying. I’ve had a few close ones, and I think I’ve worked out it’s way easier if you really bash the bubbles out of the milk and mix the froth in – or it just lands on top in a big blob! What’s your secret?

The day I can execute one of those amazing leaf patterns, I’ll be a happy man…

• Silver Lady 28th October 2020 at 8:27 pm

Love my tassimo and pods – Americano smooth. In fact I would rather have coffee at home than in a cafe etc, my husband says I’m a coffee snob! And its got to be coffee mate, used it since I was at college.

• beichris 28th October 2020 at 10:22 pm

I love coffee. Just 2 cups a day but quality counts. After a part-time job in a coffee shop learning the basics and getting told off by the boss when my lattes weighed the same as the cappuccinos and my flat whites were lattes I had settled on a Sage Barista machine. But waiting to buy (saving!) I got out the AeroPress that had sat in the cupboard. Simple, sweet coffee. Kettle heats to 80 degrees, pour, stir, press for the liquor with a good crema then fill with boiling water. The best Americano. OK it doesn’t grind or froth but at the moment I just want to find the best ground coffee to use and keep using this. Sage is no longer on the list. Anyone else an AeroPress fan? Preparing to be contradicted…..

• mark-e-mark 29th October 2020 at 9:10 am

I have a few friends that swear by their AeroPress, I hear they do amazing americanos. Certainly more affordable than a Sage Barista, that’s for sure! I may have to add to my list, I do tend to go for a flat white or (if we’ve run out of coffee) a long shot espresso. Maybe an AeroPress would be a worthwhile investment to have an americano option once in a while…

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th October 2020 at 7:50 am

Wow , who knew coffee could create such passion! Obviously this is a side of life I have totally missed out on, must do some research😁

• mark-e-mark 29th October 2020 at 1:40 pm

Yes coffee does seem to really grab some people – I’m definitely one of them, in fact my family take the micky out of me for talking about coffee too much! But I don’t think there are many greater joys in everyday life than the smell of fresh coffee and enjoying a cup to rival any coffee shop at home. 🙂

• JaneBD 1st November 2020 at 6:25 am

Hi Mark, my favourite place is Costa!! I love a decaff with coconut milk(I can’t have dairy now as I have Coeliac disease) I have looked at coffee machines but wouldn’t know which one to buy?

• Brighton Belle 11th December 2020 at 10:01 pm

Turkish or Cypriot coffee for me please.

• Mirjana 11th December 2020 at 10:21 pm

Turkish coffee when I have time to make it , otherwise is Nespresso.

• Brighton Belle 30th May 2021 at 7:32 pm

Yes keeps me going…..

• kingo 30th May 2021 at 8:01 pm

i love Waitrose cafe ground coffee with a dash of cream

• Archer62 1st June 2021 at 12:05 pm

My only daily vice lol

• Ems 2nd June 2021 at 8:36 pm

I love Italian coffee, mochas or cappuccinos. I only go to independent cafes for my coffee, no American chains! Support home grown and local 😎☕

• mark-e-mark 2nd June 2021 at 8:43 pm

Totally agree with you, Ems! The quality you get in a coffee shop run by someone who actually cares about and knows their coffee is way better. It would be nice to see the rise of cafe culture here in the UK – there were small independents opening across the country before lockdown, taking people away from the chains. Hope that trend continues…

• Archer62 2nd June 2021 at 9:37 pm

I agree with the independent coffee shops Ems. Thanks for dropping by. 😊

• Marica 2nd June 2021 at 8:40 pm

I agree about good Italian coffee, it runs rings round Costa and the other franchises which seem mass produced. i once got invited to a Greek Easter where I had the thick Greek coffee, it was amazing and I loved it . I find Starbucks coffee is ok at times but gives me the shakes!

• Brighton Belle 2nd June 2021 at 10:11 pm

I like Turkish and Cypriot coffee small cup -separate sugar cube (if you need it) glass water -perfect

• Barlowish 22nd June 2021 at 6:08 pm

Love my coffee, specially Mocca from Costa!

• Anonymous User 22nd June 2021 at 8:30 pm

Sure have…nothing better than a bean to cup of coffee.

• adeliza0165 28th June 2021 at 11:40 am

I love a nice coffee with a dash of amaretto, Bailey’s, hotel chocolat liquer or Tia Maria and a swirl of cream on top. Delicious!😋 Climpsons do some really nice filtered coffee 😊👌

• Gabrielleu 2nd July 2021 at 11:06 am

I start my morning with a large cup of coffee. I’m not an early bird, for sure, but when thinking of my hubby brewing the coffee for me, I get up ASAP. I prefer to drink my coffee with no sugar, no milk. Just the authentic taste of an excellent Italian coffee. I used to drink cappuccino, flat white one year ago. But, until I discovered how harmful a diary product was, I stopped eating and drinking anything. Ues, I have a Nespresso machine, like this one https://www.friedcoffee.com/espresso-machines/best/cappuccino/ for cappucino. But, my hubby is still a cappuccino lover.

• Jacqui 26 30th July 2021 at 9:51 pm

Love a flat white made with Colombian coffee beans …..but I can’t find a coffee machine where the coffee doesn’t taste sweet. 😫

• Dutch Sonja 31st July 2021 at 8:52 am

I love my coffee and been told to be a coffeeholic. It used to be a ritual when I grew up to grind the beans and put it in a coffee filter machine. It had to have a pinch of Buisman and a pinch of salt before the water was switched on to drip on it. The smell was delicious. As an adult I have kept the love of coffee and the first thing I do when I arrive in any new country when travelling is to check out their coffee places. At home I have various coffee making devices. I am quite adventurous and also in my coffee. My Nesspresso delivers a box with 10 different varieties. For my percolator, filter or caffettiera I use Lavazza coffee or whatever I can lay my hands on that had catches my taste buds. I gather to be drinking about 10 cups a day. I start first thing in the morning and even have one before going to bed. I do have a cappuccino maker but do not use it. When I meet new people or friends it is always for a coffee as it makes me super relaxed. I have the occasional herbal teas but my first love is coffee.

• Franny nanny 31st July 2021 at 9:16 am

Love my coffee machine and trying new blends, I like the dark roasted coffees and the nutty flavours.

• JaneG 31st July 2021 at 10:14 am

I’m with Andrea62, I’ve never found (instant) coffee pleasurable, preferring a strong tea with a splash of skimmed milk. I love coffee flavoured foods (and beers), so if ground coffee is a completely different experience to instant, what do you suggest might be the best fresh coffee/ drink to awaken the coffee passion hidden deep within?

• Trampus 24th August 2021 at 9:50 am

I get a “Starbucks” blend from Amazon. Cheaper than the shops. You can get the House Blend or a Columbian Blend, smooth dark and rich. Easy to use in a filter, coffee maker or the wife uses one of these “one cup” filters (re-useable) that’s just like making a cup of tea.

• Renoir64 2nd August 2021 at 7:48 am

We have a Delongi burr grinder, a LavAzza milk frother and a Krups espresso machine
      We sort of collect coffee beans and almost always from independent suppliers
      If we like the flavour of one we’ll keep using it
      The thing is that we only have one each day, so might as well make it a good one.
      But we consume litres of tea a day.

• Brighton Belle 2nd August 2021 at 9:11 pm

Turkish coffee for me please ……

• Lollyb 4th August 2021 at 9:31 pm

Love coffee, definitely my go to since I stopped drinking💖

• PieMan 24th August 2021 at 8:30 am

Just had a read through this thread and found it interesting. I’m a fan of the AeroPress, makes a decent cup, is versatile, quick and relatively simple and fast and easy to clean. I don’t have a specific favorite coffee, being a tight Yorkshire man I go for what’s on offer on Amazon or in the supermarkets.
      I’ve never had a bad cup, though have had a few that could have been better.

• Trampus 24th August 2021 at 9:47 am

Yes, but I only drink “Black”. Developed a taste for black coffee and ttea many years ago and never looked back. Love the Columbian Blends but particulary like the dark rich stuff.

• Liz 130 26th August 2021 at 3:16 pm

Chai latte spicy, but it tastes delicious on a cold morning .
      My other favourite is Iced coffee with out the ice cubes.

• PaulaP 10th September 2021 at 1:25 pm

Mm I really enjoy my first coffee of the day.
      I make it in a blender so really it’s one and a half of a really big cup.
      I love all coffee. I do enjoy fresh coffee.
      Mine is more what I add to it before I blend.
      Which is 🥁
      Collegen (vegan)
      MCT Oil.
      Seamoss
      And vanilla flavour 😋
      It’s frothy and yummy

• Linpap 23rd September 2021 at 5:24 am

I love Lavazza buy it already ground the smell when I open a new vacuum pack is to die for, think my coffee machine is Delonghi but not at home to check! And I like long life semi skimmed milk don’t know why think it tastes a bit sweeter than fresh? Put some in my mug microwave for 30 secs then whisk with little £2 Ikea whisk before pouring coffee on top perfect mid morning break in my favourite Polish pottery mug

Attachments:
    • Boo555 24th September 2021 at 6:01 pm

My day always gets better with a cup of coffee love it live it breathe it!!!

• dramaex 9th October 2021 at 7:59 pm

I love coffee. Coffee is one of the most popular drinks, more than 2 billion cups of which are consumed every day around the world. Disputes about its benefits and harms have not subsided for many years. At the same time, the number of lovers of enjoying a fragrant drink is only growing.Coffee is a unique drink containing hundreds of healthy chemicals, including antioxidants. I bought my coffee machine on the advice of a friend on the website https://www.coffeeinformer.com/best-tasting-k-cup-flavors/. By the way, I learned a lot of interesting and useful things here.

Add