Home Forums Style & Beauty Do you feel confident wearing colour?

Team Rest Less Posted 1 year ago
Do you feel confident wearing colour?

We recently wrote an article on dressing with colour and confidence:

https://restless.co.uk/leisure-and-lifestyle/home-garden/10-tips-for-dressing-with-colour-and-confidence/

We’d love to know – do you wear much colour? Does wearing colour make you feel confident or self-conscious? What’s your favourite colour to wear?

5 likes & 15 replies
    • LeighS 4th June 2021 at 9:58 pm

Yes I do, but when I was a lot younger I didn’t. Then in my mid twenties, on a whim I had a colour analysis done. From the dark blues and white with the occasional pink that the clothing in my wardrobe consisted off, I started wearing bright red, yellow and brighter shades of blue. The pinks are brighter as well. I also have quite a few items of clothing in various shades of purple.

Oh I still wear those darker shades of blue, but more as a sweater in winter with a brighter colour top underneath that can be seen. Looking back it was a worthwhile spur of the moment decision and the clothes in my wardrobe are definitely brighter than they were in my teens and early twenties 🙂

• adeliza0165 4th June 2021 at 11:06 pm

Summer makes me feel happy and cheerful, so I love to wear vibrant and colourful clothes in the. But come the winter my clothes get dark and look quite boring! I guess the cold weather can make you feel gloomy.

• NYC to UK 6th June 2021 at 1:54 pm

I am all about saturated colour, but only water tones. My wardrobe is basically aqua, teal, mallard and the odd pop of lime. In winter it’s the same palette mixed with greys and occasionally black.

• dyer6918 6th June 2021 at 6:18 pm

I must admit I don’t wear bright colours now I’m older and tend to wear more pastal shades.

I do like bright colours.

• Tim17 6th June 2021 at 6:57 pm

Yes I love yellow my favourite colour

• HevF 6th June 2021 at 7:09 pm

As I’ve got older the colour has appeared in my clothing – as a teen and twenty something my wardrobe consisted of black, black and more black, the whole idea of wearing anything other than that was horrifying! However, I now have the courage to wear what I want. It’s taken a long time, but I got there in the end!

• Sue47 19th June 2021 at 12:48 am

I also had a black wardrobe when I was younger, but now, as a great-grandma, it’s quite colourful. I tend to wear the same colour for trousers/skirts and tops, with pops of contrast on jewellery, shoes, scarves and so on. Some days I’ll wear a bright colour with darker contrast, others it’s the other way around.

• HevF 19th June 2021 at 7:58 am

Accessories are a great way of adding colour aren’t they. I have a good collection of necklaces. One good thing about getting older I’ve found is my attitude has changed, and I don’t worry so much about how others perceive me, I dress how I want. Ps. You certainly don’t look old enough to be a great grandma!

• Tuppence 6th July 2021 at 9:13 pm

Yes. Although I still love black! I like to wear it with vibrant scarves and bright shoes and bags. For classic smartness I don’t think you can go past B&W … accessorise it beautifully and it’s always a winning look …

• Larnette 8th July 2021 at 2:30 am

Love colour. I team jeans with colourful shirts or tops. Smarter usually plain skirts with colourful tops. If I wear dark colours then I’ll liven it up with bright accessories.
      I have a bright orange running top which love..
      I do also like a nice white shirt or top with jeans though.

• Ems 8th July 2021 at 8:29 am

Yes I have always worn colour never been afraid of it, especially now I am in my fifties, my attitude is I’ll wear what I want to make me feel happy and confident. Favourite colour purple, there’s a lot in my wardrobe 😆 closely followed by pink and red

• Lindathatsme 21st February 2022 at 7:52 pm

I tend to wear brighter colours at work. Cheers me up. People generally notice me more. Classic black for nights out usually though.

• LizR 21st February 2022 at 8:00 pm

Yes I love bright colours. I always have. I rarely wear black as I have two silver tabby cats and it shows every single hair!

• Always 21st February 2022 at 8:13 pm

Love to wear red! Always feel confident in red be it clothing shoes or lipstick

Add