Home Forums General do nothing!!

Add comment

• do nothing!!

The lockdown offers a chance to just be too. I do not have to clean the house, fix the garden,run,cycle,read everything, learn new skills online, zoom everyone……

Sometimes I just do nothing and be.

Bill Cosby  – “I am just going to sit over here and do nothing.”

Marlon Jackson – “How do you do nothing?”

Bill – ” well, first of all you think of something to do. Then you don’t do it”

(From the t.v. show Diana, Diana Ross.)

Some good music to go with it – on Youtube  – Haven’t earned a penny – Kenny Lynch.

Keith

Posted by keithstewart
Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Reply by iankavanagh

“Fortune cannot aid those who do nothing.” Sophocles

• Reply by tsmsilvers

Doing nothing is fine for a short time to relax and reenergise. Too much of it is soul destroying. We all need purpose and goals to feel fully alive.

• Reply by keithstewart

Hi,

Doing things for you – that energise and enrich you are SELFFULL. Not selfish or greedy. It is good to look after me because then I can look after others. Years of caring for my mother and being a youth worker taught me that. When I am dead there won’t be time to rest for a while because I get to see my mum and grandmother again. And we will be busy.

I worked with a guy who was brought up with that “work hard” pressure. He fell, splintered a bone in his arm, came back the same day with it in a sling and sat there trying to type with one hand. Why?

On my travels to Mexico, Peru and Brazil I saw people who REALLY work hard just to breathe.

I am enjoying staring out the window, looking up at the sky, watching and listening to birds etc, etc – listening to new music – Bach, Handel – all of it refreshes and relaxes my mind. And then also builds my creativity. Lots of new ideas or energy to old ones.

Doing nothing is a great option. I choose to just be.

Keith

• Reply by vaughanpauline

I got Corvid just before lockdown was put in force

It’s been an awful nine weeks. I’ve vomited and I’ve coughed but most of all I’ve been so tired I have had to do nothing.

Thankfully throughout it all my brains worked and I’ve been able to study.

I sincerely wish the government had imposed lockdown two weeks earlier then the chances are I would not have lost nine weeks of my life and had to do nothing.

• Reply by markandnancy1910

Lockdown! Use the time to listen to some seriously good music on YouTube. Not talking about today’s crap,good music I mean.Ok we all have our different tastes. Am a Simple minds fan,been listening to one their albums New gold dream!Epic !

Glittering prize,sparkle in the rain!There up next

• Reply by kateabernethy

Have found the quote I was looking for: “What is this life, if full of care, We have no time to stand and stare?” William Henry Davies 🙂

• Reply by vinevenci2016

I feel very alive and life is too brief and precious, to do nothing is something I’ll have time forever to do when I am dead, at the moment, to do nothing is just not an option. I just want to live and be useful, to do something. :o)

• Reply by veronica.broome

I agree

• Reply by kateabernethy

I hear you. It takes a while to unravel and sift through all those thoughts that say you should be doing this or that, and to find which is your own voice.

• Reply by veronica.broome

That’s what I still cannot get used to and something inside keeps telling me I should be doing something.  I’m normally running around for other people.  Love my singles holidays “being selfish for a week” and meeting new people.  Not used being selfish for this length of time.

• Reply by keithstewart

Hi,

How are you? It takes time and then that becomes the new normal until you find the next step. I trust in myself. I don’t need the government to make me feel safe. A bit of common sense, slowing the speed if needed and reflection. And staying focused on my plans and goals. Keith

Viewing 7 reply threads