Home Forums Arts & Culture Do any of you enjoy going to the theatre?

Spanglydangly Jane Posted 2 years ago
Do any of you enjoy going to the theatre?
18 likes & 16 replies
    • Deleted User 17th November 2020 at 9:24 am

Yes, and I miss it so much. I enjoy theatre, and also the live cinema events from NT and RSC etc.

• Finona 18th November 2020 at 8:32 pm

I love the theatre.  I’ve missed a couple of shows with the restrictions.

• Kay61 18th November 2020 at 9:23 pm

Miss going a lot

• capri888 23rd November 2020 at 12:29 pm

Love it and miss it. I live in Eastbourne and we have a great Theatre scene as well as Brighton nearlby

• Deleted User 23rd November 2020 at 2:25 pm

Yes, local am-dram as well as bigger shows.  Lets hope the theatres can return!

• Mary Catherine 23rd November 2020 at 9:18 pm

Love the theatre and recently discovered opera. Really enjoyed the you tube national theatre shows during lockdown.as a teacher I love putting on a production with children.really missed that this year.

• Spanglydangly Jane 23rd November 2020 at 10:14 pm

Yes, I recently discovered opera too. I saw Madam Butterfly and the Mikado. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. I almost saw Aida and The Pirates of Penzance but Covid interfered with that. They will be rescheduled and I’ll be going to see them eventually. Fingers crossed. 🤞😉

• capri888 24th November 2020 at 10:26 am

Yes Live Cinema events are awesome.  Saw One Man Two Guvnors with James Corden and it felt like I was at the Show.  Highly recommend this form of entertainment if you do not have the time or funds to go to London or elsewhere. What I also love about it is that it is often done by small independent cinemas so I try to choose those over Cineworld.  Thanks for the reminder JUSTJ !

• Lenavaughan 27th November 2020 at 10:49 am

Seen some of the NT live streams. Anyone recommend any others?

• JoggingJen 28th November 2020 at 8:28 am

Yes I love the theatre. Had tickets for last christmas to see the waitress but the week before we were due to go lockdown happened. 😢

• Deleted User 29th November 2020 at 3:54 pm

Yes 🙌 last show I saw was Red Shoes 👠 just before lockdown

• Mandy kaur 1st December 2020 at 4:51 pm

Hi , my name is Mandy, I love going to the theatre, my I ask if you live in
      Wolverhampton. Because where I live

• Spanglydangly Jane 1st December 2020 at 5:05 pm

Hi Mandy,
        Nice to talk to you.
        No , Im afraid I dont live in Wolverhampton, I live in Worcestershire. Sorry about that. I am familiar with Wolverhampton though, as my ex used to work there in Beatties. The the theatre looks lovely there. A good old fashioned building with a lot of character, if my memory serves me well. (which it doesn’t quite a lot of the time). 😉

• Joe Clarke 1st December 2020 at 5:06 pm

I really miss the theatre. Living in London I am lucky enough to be just a bus ride away from the West End. Saw a lot of the Pinter retrospective last year with the likes of Martin Freeman, Danny Dyer and Tom Hiddleston among others. The last thing I saw was Mary Poppins just after Christmas. Looking forward to things getting back to normal next year.

• Spanglydangly Jane 1st December 2020 at 7:59 pm

Hiya Joe, nice to hear from you. I really miss the big names at my theatre but during the period between lockdowns they had some performances on by the theatre’s own Young Company which were brilliant. I also went to see a concerto of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. They are putting on 7 or 8 performances between 9th December and Boxing Day and Im going to 7 of them, including a pantomime. Im really looking forward to all of it. All performances are carried out with strict Covid rules in place.

Add