Home Forums General Divorce

Summerbreeze981 Posted 5 months ago
Divorce

Is there any other older person like me out there who like me is going through or have been through a divorce. No friends left thanks to my controlling soon to be ex. How did you go about meeting people, finding a new partner etc.

1 like & 9 replies
    • MikeyG 14th February 2022 at 9:40 am

Depends what you mean by older person lol, i’m 57 yrs young and been divorced twice, I would probably make contact with your friends and explain how controlling your ex was, and apologise for letting that person come between you and them, real friends will be forgiving, as for meeting people, well there is always clubs in most communities and if you want to try online dating there are sites for older people ( keep your wits about you though ) I’m on some of them and never had any issues. Hope this helps & best of luck, i’m sure you will be fine.

• Summerbreeze981 14th February 2022 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for that. I’m 74, but wish l was 57 and act like 27, very sad lol

• LucasH 14th February 2022 at 5:20 pm

I’m glad you’re getting away from a controlling partner, good for you.
          I’m the same age as MikeyG but my 80+ friend has just got a new girlfriend.
          So, keep acting like you’re 27 there is someone out there for you 🙂

• Alexandra 2013 15th February 2022 at 9:43 pm

True friends wouldn’t judge & still want to be your friends and would see through whatever your soon to be ex would say. Same thing happened to me so I was happy to let them go. As for making new friends I’ve not tried, it’s hard when your not a club type of person. My pleasure is going out to quiet places and walking. Stay strong and see this as time to try new things, you never know what’s around the next corner 😃

• Summerbreeze981 16th February 2022 at 5:28 am

Thanks. I don’t do clubs either, but l intend to throw myself into making up for lost time. It’s just a case of trying to find the me that’s disaprey x

• Stina 15th February 2022 at 10:26 pm

I would say, Stay strong keep going change your life in starting a new job or new hobby and maybe going out with people that you would never consider going out with before for a drink and for friendship and you will make a new life for yourself

• Cheers on toast 15th February 2022 at 10:37 pm

Well you have made a good start by posting on here. Join in with other discussions and you will soon make some online friends that in turn can lead to real life friendship and more, I can testify to that 🥰.
      Have a look on http://www.Meetup.com for local groups that do activities in your local area, many walking groups etc.

• Summerbreeze981 16th February 2022 at 5:33 am

Thanks I’ve joined meetup and whenever time allows given all the stuff that goes with divorce, like selling assets etc l’m spending time on here x

Add