Home Forums Arts & Culture Did some sketches during a July staycation for the...

Davidd Posted 2 years ago
Did some sketches during a July staycation for the first time in years

There wasn’t anything to do at night so i bought a cheap set of pencils and a book.
I have moved on to a three day art course run by Dermot Cavanagh on water colours.
here are my original sketches from Co Mayo

12 likes & 13 replies
    • Mary A 30th December 2020 at 5:37 pm

Very good! I’d love to know where these places are. Is the first one near Banburgh?

• Davidd 30th December 2020 at 6:13 pm

Just realised there is a number of places the first is in Co Sligo near Cliffony, Ashleigh falls located a short distance from Leenane village, Bundoragha River on the way to Ashliegh falls, Sliver Strand louisburgh, all in Co Mayo, the last one is Roundstone County Galway.
      None near Banburgh.

• Andy Paddles 30th December 2020 at 6:54 pm

Like the sand dune picture, got a bit of a wainwright feel to it. Keep it up!

• ArtistAngela 30th December 2020 at 10:05 pm

Well done! It’s always a delight to sit and sketch a scene and you will see it in so much more detail than if you just wandered around, took a few snaps, and then walked on. In years to come you can look back and I’ll almost guarantee that you will remember the event, who you were with, what happened before, during and after, the sights, sounds, smells and tastes because you were operating within the right hemisphere of the brain doing your artwork.

• Davidd 30th December 2020 at 10:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Painting a place does rather fix it in your mind.

• Beyond Mosaic 30th December 2020 at 10:42 pm

These are so beautiful. How long have you painted fir? I love tge third one in the top row

• Davidd 30th December 2020 at 10:53 pm

Those were painted in July, it would have been years ago when i last painted the odd picture.
        Since lockdown i have painted more pictures than the previous 30 years.

• RUKA 20 30th December 2020 at 11:01 pm

I have to be en the right frame of mind for the sketching , if I’m not due to der effects of der lockdown then I tend to get frustrated and sabotage any attempts.

• Davidd 30th December 2020 at 11:01 pm

Signed up for a 3 day painting water colour course in September, learnt how to use colour better.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 30th December 2020 at 11:31 pm

Hi David these drawings are amazing I love how you have captured the essence of the scenes.

• Deleted User 31st December 2020 at 12:05 am

Great – what medium did you use. Very nice

• Hala 31st December 2020 at 8:59 am

Very good

• Davidd 31st December 2020 at 10:56 am

Water colour.

Add